Negativity | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Negativity

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":3vr3ugqe said:
Shankster":3vr3ugqe said:
GreenThing":3vr3ugqe said:
There's a pair who sit near me who constantly shout out. From the first kick of the ball to the final whistle. Every kick of the ball, every pass, cross, challenge is moaned about. A lot of the time a cross is met with a shout of 'why did you do that', even before they've seen where the cross is going, and on a few occasions, the ball has ended up in the back of the net. Against Wimbledon they moaned about the short corner, the one from which Freddy scored the winner. The strange about it is that when we do score, they don't jump up and cheer or clap, they sit there looking like someone's pi$$ed on their chips!

I understand that things are bad at the moment, people are bound to shout out at what they see and emotions will boil over at times. This isn't the case with these guys, though, it's been going on for years. Every match, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, shout, moan, shout, moan etc. Listening to that every match regardless really drains you and saps any enjoyment you get from the game.

Would you happen to be in Block 10

Yes.

Hmmmm

The young lad who is so very vocal and no-too-little infuriating at times is heavily autistic, I suppose his take on the world is very different from you and I

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Shankster":1p6p13zw said:
GreenThing":1p6p13zw said:
Shankster":1p6p13zw said:
GreenThing":1p6p13zw said:
There's a pair who sit near me who constantly shout out. From the first kick of the ball to the final whistle. Every kick of the ball, every pass, cross, challenge is moaned about. A lot of the time a cross is met with a shout of 'why did you do that', even before they've seen where the cross is going, and on a few occasions, the ball has ended up in the back of the net. Against Wimbledon they moaned about the short corner, the one from which Freddy scored the winner. The strange about it is that when we do score, they don't jump up and cheer or clap, they sit there looking like someone's pi$$ed on their chips!

I understand that things are bad at the moment, people are bound to shout out at what they see and emotions will boil over at times. This isn't the case with these guys, though, it's been going on for years. Every match, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, shout, moan, shout, moan etc. Listening to that every match regardless really drains you and saps any enjoyment you get from the game.

Yes.

Hmmmm

The young lad who is so very vocal and no-too-little infuriating at times is heavily autistic, I suppose his take on the world is very different from you and I

The lad is annoying, but seems to copy his father. Understandable for any lad, especially someone who is autistic. His father’s outbursts are far more annoying and being a grown man, he should be able to control his outbursts.

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":3qjfs6if said:
Shankster":3qjfs6if said:
Shankster":3qjfs6if said:

Yes.

Hmmmm

The lad is annoying, but seems to copy his father. Understandable for any lad, especially someone who is autistic. His father’s outbursts are far more annoying and being a grown man, he should be able to control his outbursts.

There’s some truth in there

We’re all different I suppose

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
GreenThing":3jymbx5r said:
Shankster":3jymbx5r said:
Shankster":3jymbx5r said:

Yes.

Hmmmm

Don't worry as soon as Hallett takes control you will have the happy clappy soccer club you want.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
dunlop":1387lqh4 said:
GreenThing":1387lqh4 said:
Shankster":1387lqh4 said:
Shankster":1387lqh4 said:

Yes.

Hmmmm

Don't worry as soon as Hallett takes control you will have the happy clappy soccer club you want.

READ the original post.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
dunlop":1dw8fchq said:

In which case you should have realised that I said it was understandable for people to be negative. My post was about people being negative regardless of what’s happening on the pitch or behind the scenes. Nothing to do with being a ‘happy clapper’ as you put it.

May 1, 2011
The negativity come from the manager, lets be honest as much as we were all pleased we gained promotion it was the least enjoyable promotion season we ever experienced.

Mar 23, 2008
Justin":2380wmz9 said:
Bristol Rich":2380wmz9 said:
it was the least enjoyable promotion season we ever experienced.

Comedy gold.

Out of the many thousands of Argyle promotion seasons you mean?
I have to say, its a fair point though. Sturrocks championship promotions were my faves and many others I suspect, followed by Wembley 96 and then our recent promotion a very firm 4th in the list.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
At literally any other club the atmosphere's would be far more toxic. Argyle fans are extremely patient and this probably stems from lowered expectations due to our lack of historical success. The majority of fans still get behind the team, that wouldn't happen elsewhere, so I don't really see how anyone can moan about negativity.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3nrpb5cx said:
Bristol Rich":3nrpb5cx said:

Comedy gold.

I'm not sure how you fail to understand the rather simple point but I'll explain it for you.

Having seen 4 promotions this one was less enjoyable than the other 3 and I think may other fans felt that way.

Not sure what fans have seen thousands of promotions?

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":1ee3p3t1 said:
Justin":1ee3p3t1 said:
Bristol Rich":1ee3p3t1 said:

Comedy gold.

I'm not sure how you fail to understand the rather simple point but I'll explain it for you.

Having seen 4 promotions this one was less enjoyable than the other 3 and I think may other fans felt that way.

The reason you say it was less enjoyable was because it was expected and nothing less would do.
The 1995/96 promotion was very much the same, people remember Wembley but not the nine months getting there.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":2b1byhwq said:
Bristol Rich":2b1byhwq said:
Justin":2b1byhwq said:
Bristol Rich":2b1byhwq said:

Comedy gold.

The reason you say it was less enjoyable was because it was expected and nothing less would do.
The 1995/96 promotion was very much the same, people remember Wembley but not the nine months getting there.

After a very bad start, 6 defeats at the start? The season actually became exciting including a great night at Home Park for the second leg of the playoffs.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":2s7pm61k said:
HC Green":2s7pm61k said:
Justin":2s7pm61k said:

Comedy gold.

After a very bad start, 6 defeats at the start? The season actually became exciting including a great night at Home Park for the second leg of the playoffs.

So now you’re blaming Adams for Warnock’s inability to meet expectations during our Wembley play off season. The idea waw we went up automatically. I seem to remember he spent a lot of money to achieve this, and we just scraped into the play offs playing awful football. And therefore it was all much more exciting. Something Adams should note next time he sees us through automatic promotion so assuredly and on a shoestring budget.