Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top.

Apr 11, 2023
We have no options in midfield or up front to the same quality as the starters. However, we haven't tried to freshen things up when players have looked knackered. I think it's worth a couple of tweaks now in midfield attack just for energy levels. We can always bring the others on later in the game.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
We've spent the majority of the season out of possession in games. It's exhausting in itself to chase shadows, add this to a thin squad, and it's pretty likely they've either got nothing left, or comparatively little compared to bigger, and more dominant teams.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Totally agree that some of our guys are running on empty, especially hardie as we have lacked other forward options all season. That said, with two massive games coming up, we are going to need some experienced heads to hopefully see us over the line.

Reactions: Paul green14

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
We have no options in midfield or up front to the same quality as the starters. However, we haven't tried to freshen things up when players have looked knackered. I think it's worth a couple of tweaks now in midfield attack just for energy levels. We can always bring the others on later in the game.

Sure there are some tired legs, but, who would you suggest to play the Whittaker role from our current squad?

Apr 9, 2011
This trip to the Championship compared to the last has been a far bigger wake up call than most of us feared & am afraid our squad is no where near good enough for the present day Championship
IF we do scrape through & survive this season its going to take a massive rebuilding/investment programme to prevent us being in the same position next season

Mar 3, 2021
Getting to the championship was the easy part compared to staying there and remaining there. The next manager will have his work cut out working on our budget unless investment is secured for next season. Even if we sell our assets this will not come near enough to be viable in this division by itself

May 14, 2023
Probably best to sell Whittaker, Hatfield and Cooper, maybe Randell too. Use the money (possible £25 million) to rebuild. I think that would be enough in the short term. Hopefully then maintain us for a couple of seasons where we could establish ourselves as a Millwall, Cardiff, Preston type, solid Championship club.
How we progress from there would be down to how good our recruitment was with the £25 million+

Apr 11, 2023
Sure there are some tired legs, but, who would you suggest to play the Whittaker role from our current squad?
I know Waine isn't as good as Hardie yet, but he has been full of running when coming on from the bench and Hardie hasn't scored or offered much in the way of chasing/holdup in the last few games. We could then utilise Hardie from the bench in shorter bursts e.g. 30 mins to go rather than for 90 mins. The same goes for Whittaker e.g. Mumba further forward with Bundhu. In midifeld I'm not sure who can help out Randell and Houghton other than Devine or Roberts.

Reactions: Paul green14
Oct 9, 2023
I know Waine isn't as good as Hardie yet, but he has been full of running when coming on from the bench and Hardie hasn't scored or offered much in the way of chasing/holdup in the last few games. We could then utilise Hardie from the bench in shorter bursts e.g. 30 mins to go rather than for 90 mins. The same goes for Whittaker e.g. Mumba further forward with Bundhu. In midifeld I'm not sure who can help out Randell and Houghton other than Devine or Roberts.
Possibly Houghton and Randell could be helped (replaced just from.the start) in defensive midfield by Pleggy
(who has played as a midfielder in other clubs) or Gibson, then
the fresh Sorinola, Sousa , Devine , Issaka or Roberts could bring
their energy and fearless attitude to attacking midfield, being a bit of
an unknown quantity for us and
even more so for Millwall and Hull !

Yes. Waine with his energy and
hard work deserves a start up front with Bundu , Whittaker (and/or possibly Mumba too !) centrally behind them in a free role then Hardie to come on for the last 25 minutes against tiring, slower defenders plus Issaka too on the left wing or behind the forward(s).

We , of course, need the experienced Edwards, Scarr, Galloway, , Pleggy, Cooper, Houghton and Randell later on, Forshaw (if fit) on the pitch
next week but that must be complemented by the fresh legs and energy of some of : Sorinola, Sousa, Devine, Waine, Issaka, Roberts, Wright and Phillips as starters or coming off the bench with at least 20 or 25 minutes
to show what they can do for Argyle !

Reactions: IPA
Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
I'm starting to wonder if Brickfields is this administrations world cup bid!!!!
No team in this division can be sustainable with a 16500 capacity and Brickfields won't put extra bums on seats and will be very expensive to run meaning any gain that might come our way in player sales in 2030 will only benefit us in starting all over again in league 1 or 2.

Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
Waine couldn't hit a barn door with a tractor I would sooner play with no forwards and an extra midfielder !

Oct 14, 2015
What I’d pay to have Simms and Wright from Coventry up front for us. Watching them today they’ve been absolutely top notch. So composed and their work rate tremendous

Oct 20, 2022
Both the Coventry forwards have struggled at times this season so it is likely that the belief of the manager and coaches has helped turn it around for them.Argyle have had issues here as we know but Hardie and Whittaker are tired and out of form but they are not bad players.Work with them key this week.