Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top.

Oct 10, 2018
Personally I feel Waine and Freddie I should start, with Hardie and Whittaker as dangerous options off the bench.

Our strikers look.like they have run there race, teams would not have done there home work on Freddie I or Waine much.

Also think if your playing Randell and Mumba in midfield, then you can only afford to play one of Houghton or Edwards not both, I would give Caleb Roberts a start, we can have Joe E or Houghton coming off bench with value experience and gile in.latter stages.

Expecting tight nervous games in last 2 fixtures, 1 -0 defeat at Millwall and a draw at home to Hull will keep.us up by.skin of our teeth. With Huddersfield and Sheffield W both going down.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I'm starting to wonder if Brickfields is this administrations world cup bid!!!!
I think our continued absence from the First Division and, subsequently, the Premier League is because we have always built on sand, always made-do, always had second-rate facilities. We now have a corporate set up that is as a match for many other clubs, a facility that appears to be delivering great turnover/profit. But I would think that most everything else lags behind what is required to make us a competitive second tier side.

Jul 5, 2023
Perhaps this season is showing that since we were last in the Championship, clubs have invested to a much greater degree than we have. We're playing catch up in corporate, non- match day revenue, and academy infrastructure.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Totally agree total change up front please. Might as well. Cant change much in midfield but at least something different up front. Can always bring hardie and MW on later in the game.

Reactions: Verdant1
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Hard to disagree on Hardie and Whittaker, but the problem is the drop off. We already know Waine and Wright are not up to it. Freddie is a kid. The reason Hardie in particular is still starting games is because what's behind him isn't any better. That said, it has now reached the point where he has to be dropped/rested .

Sep 7, 2006
London
Well, in regards to fresh energy in those two positions, we essentially don't have much this season :LOL:
Certainly not in MF. Suppose we have Waine up front, but I suspect fan enthusiasm for him would swiftly wane (!) once the reality of him starting played out, i.e. he lacks quality at this level.

But in regards to the midfield more broadly...

This 3-4-2-1 with the two flat MFs - similar to last season formation...
  • It doesn't suit Houghton. I think it (usually!) suits Randell, but that's not enough to justify the fact that...
  • ...it lacks incision. When we had Azaz and/or Cundle on the pitch (yawn I know) we could pass through teams, sometimes pass through pretty decent high press (Portman Road) and could join the ball from defence through the midfield into the forwards. That is no longer the case :(.
Forshaw when fit can link play a bit, but he's not really that attacking, just quite good technically. Also always injured so it's a s***show.

Simulate a 46 game season with no transfer windows and current squad: Argyle Rotherham and Huddersfield comfortable relegated I reckon. Just got to hope we can survive, then the board will have a massive job on their hands to get all the recruitment of staff and players right for next season.

Mar 3, 2021
Even if we do survive the drop we will need a large amount of recruitment for next season which will not be cheap as we need championship standard players all over the squad. Sell Whittaker if possible for a reasonable fee but that won’t be enough to do the full job. Also a change of tactics as we have been a one trick pony and been sussed out in many games we need to mix it up. A lack oh physicality has been shown up on a number of occasions. This league requires money if you don’t invest then we will be like Rotherham. Being in this league is good but it’s no fun watching your team struggling to compete since January

Oct 10, 2018
Totally agree total change up front please. Might as well. Cant change much in midfield but at least something different up front. Can always bring hardie and MW on later in the game.
Thank you.its been evident for a few games, Freddie I isn't going to show his youth of year credentials warming a bench and coach seat every game, Bundu being played wide right will help utlise is ball carrying and passing, and Waine can get into the box and cause issues. None of this is happening at moment.

Take today game, bundu made a 60 yd ball cary deep from just outside the right corner of our penalty box drove through Stoke midfield and both our strikers just ran straight in front, neither changed angle of run, so.he had little options so tried to put ball to feet, but strikers flat run was tracked by stokes defenders and easily crowded out.

Freddie I will bring energy, and will lack of fear, this will act as perfect foil for Waine and Bundu.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
I think our continued absence from the First Division and, subsequently, the Premier League is because we have always built on sand, always made-do, always had second-rate facilities. We now have a corporate set up that is as a match for many other clubs, a facility that appears to be delivering great turnover/profit. But I would think that most everything else lags behind what is required to make us a competitive second tier side.
Need to remember though corporate profit tends to come when results on the pitch are good. Not so much profit for relegated teams investment this summer is required or else Simon's investment is likely to lose value

Feb 11, 2024
Surely fresh energy and a change to waine (cant believe im saying that) and isakka up top is a win win. Going to Millwall, their players will now be on the beach, we will have players with a point to prove starting up top. And reserving morgan will fire him up for that 20th goal. Also if wednesday fail to win tommorow, we have it in our hands anyway in the final game, it reserves our best talent for a home tie against a hull side that will likely have nothing to play for

Reactions: KJC
Aug 4, 2011
What other clubs corporate set up puts the customers in a seat that is covered in water and will get rained on for 90 minutes for most games in a season?

Oct 10, 2018
What is ?able is the credentials of the coaches within 1st team set up. Though Nance is loyal how good is he, notice neither Lowe or Shuey wanted him.on there set up. Is he purely a 'yes' man, so.easy to have around.

ND is a DOF not a coach, be interesting to see if they have minerals to make significant changes

Perhaps try

Waine Freddie

Mumba Randle, Alfie D, Bundu
Houghton ( sweeper between defense at MF)

Gibson, Scarr, siranola

Cooper

Bench: Hazard, Edwards, Galloway, Whittaker, Hardie, Caleb Roberts.
Hard to disagree on Hardie and Whittaker, but the problem is the drop off. We already know Waine and Wright are not up to it. Freddie is a kid. The reason Hardie in particular is still starting games is because what's behind him isn't any better. That said, it has now reached the point where he has to be dropped/rested .
Freddie been training and In around the set up for a while now, what's the point picking him for the bench if he ain't given an opportunity. So was Mason when he was thrown in he held his own.

Typical play it safe mentality,
What was it once famously said " sign of insanity doing the sane thing over & over expecting a different result", has a familiarity doesn't it.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
What is ?able is the credentials of the coaches within 1st team set up. Though Nance is loyal how good is he, notice neither Lowe or Shuey wanted him.on there set up. Is he purely a 'yes' man, so.easy to have around.

ND is a DOF not a coach, be interesting to see if they have minerals to make significant changes

Perhaps try

Waine Freddie

Mumba Randle, Alfie D, Bundu
Houghton ( sweeper between defense at MF)

Gibson, Scarr, siranola

Cooper

Bench: Hazard, Edwards, Galloway, Whittaker, Hardie, Caleb Roberts.

Freddie been training and In around the set up for a while now, what's the point picking him for the bench if he ain't given an opportunity. So was Mason when he was thrown in he held his own.

Typical play it safe mentality,
What was it once famously said " sign of insanity doing the sane thing over & over expecting a different result", has a familiarity doesn't it.

Schumacher wanted Nance to go with him but he said no