Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Need for fresh energy in midfield and up top.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
We just need to grind out a point or 3 by whatever means.

Personally I'd pack the midfield with Pleggy at CDM and do what we did to Leicester. If we scrap out draw at Millwall then all well and good but if we could sneak a win then it's job done.

We simply MUST survive this season as the rewards for next are potentially huge for a club like ours and we can have a proper rebuild in the summer.

Feb 11, 2024
Im with you. If im manager i go to millwall like Chelsea did to Barca in the champ league a number of years ago and how we beat leicester. Pack out the middle and if we grind out a draw or scrape a win then great. We wont beat anyone at the moment being expansive.

Reactions: oldage
Jul 12, 2016
Only a few weeks ago some fans were criticising Argyle for not going for it and paying other clubs too much respect. Some of us argued that now was not the time to be gung ho. I think the penny has finally dropped.

Oct 10, 2018
But frankly we should try and change something in midfield. Houghton and Randell seem as physically and mentally drained as Hardie and Whittaker in such a really difficult , demanding season
as Houghton mentioned on Argyle TV
pre-Stoke.

Perhaps Pleggy , who has played in midfield in Spain, or Gibson could play a defending role in front of the back 3 or 4, then Mumba, Devine, Issaka or possibly Roberts could be the surprise attacking link between midfield and attackers.
Whittaker could also play the former
Azaz or Cundle role as he can also put through lovely weighted passes to the forward(s) and shoot well from there too in a free role.

Then if only Mumba could find his shooting boots from last season and cause damage centrally with his speed and trickery from attacking midfield or as a number 10 , scoring goals (like against Ipswich home and away, Exeter etc.) , giving assists, winning penalties, getting yellow cards for the opposition and taking the weight off the shoulders of the forwards etc. !

Here, supposing that Forshaw is still injured and that Houghton and/or Randell can come on for the last 25 minutes or so, if needed.
Here is my pick - so yes could play leggy in the role I had Houghton
Perhaps try

Waine Freddie

Mumba Randle, Alfie D, Bundu
Houghton ( sweeper between defense at MF)

Gibson, Scarr, siranola

Cooper

Bench: Hazard, Edwards, Galloway, Whittaker, Hardie, Caleb Roberts.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
3 CB’s with no Wingback/fullback cover?

Teams would have a field day against us

Jul 12, 2016
I would certainly give Roberts and Issaka games. At least they would inject some energy into the team.