Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22} | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Cooper "Going Nowhere" {Schuey 13/10/22}

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
For myself I can’t see in what way Pickford is better than Coops, so find your estimate of his ability way off the mark!

i honestly think Cooper is better than Pickford myself. Cooper is better at distribution for me and Pickford always has a mistake in him as was shown in his last game against Germany- I’m convinced that Michael Cooper would have saved the shot that the Germans scored from.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
i honestly think Cooper is better than Pickford myself. Cooper is better at distribution for me and Pickford always has a mistake in him as was shown in his last game against Germany- I’m convinced that Michael Cooper would have saved the shot that the Germans scored from.
🤯🤯🤯

Honestly????

A league 1 keeper having had his first Full season under his belt against league one opposition is better than an established England number 1 playing week in week out against premier league and world class strikers?

Baffling

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Seeing Pickford v Palace in the 3-2 comeback he was incredible and he was even better the game before.

Cooper is very very good and will earn us millions I'm sure but he's not that standard YET.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Seeing Pickford v Palace in the 3-2 comeback he was incredible and he was even better the game before.

Cooper is very very good and will earn us millions I'm sure but he's not that standard YET.
Agree, but his growth as a keeper is exponential; with no sign of where it is going to top out.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

I’ve watched Pickford probably 25-30 times last season - he was good in those games you’ve just mentioned but he’s also been awful in more games than he’s been great in last season imo. He’s made countless mistakes and errors. I’m quite surprised he’s held onto his England no.1 spot myself.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I’ve watched Pickford probably 25-30 times last season - he was good in those games you’ve just mentioned but he’s also been awful in more games than he’s been great in last season imo. He’s made countless mistakes and errors. I’m quite surprised he’s held onto his England no.1 spot myself.
His club form yes, has been up and down this season although he ended the season well. He's not really let England down though.

I don't think we can compare Cooper with Pickford just yet.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Comparing Premier league with league one is ridiculous.
Cooper is league one, he's possibly a championship standard player, comparing him to an England European championship finalist is just stupid.
Cooper for England?
Nah, Cooper for the championship

Reactions: Superguy
Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
My opinion is that Cooper WILL play for England one day. I was right about Mariner, and I've never thought it again until now.
That was the consensus feeling in the away stand at Ewood Park at FT on that day when Kyle Lethern went off injured at half time. We all seemed to "feel" exactly the same.

Jun 27, 2019
Pickford represented England at under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21 level, and is now a 45-cap regular in the No.5 ranked team in the world.

Cooper shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Pickford represented England at under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21 level, and is now a 45-cap regular in the No.5 ranked team in the world.

And Jamie Vardy had what history before making his England debut, but was arguably better than a lot of PL strikers who had that sort of background history?

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY

I suggest you Google Nick Pope probably England's NO 2 keeper. When he was older than Mike Cooper and still on Charlton's books, he spent 5 years largely on loan to non-League Clubs like Bury Town and Welling. In the end, cream will rise to the top. Do not write off future success for our young Cooper too early

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I suggest you Google Nick Pope probably England's NO 2 keeper. When he was older than Mike Cooper and still on Charlton's books, he spent 5 years largely on loan to non-League Clubs like Bury Town and Welling. In the end, cream will rise to the top. Do not write off future success for our young Cooper too early
I'm not sure he is writing him off, i think he is quite rightly telling people stop comparing Pickford to Cooper. They literally are not in the same league.

In a few years time Cooper will be.

Reactions: Bwb1989
Feb 8, 2005
Cooper does not currently have the experience of playing in either the Championship or the Premiership, but he has the potential, and is on a journey towards those goals.

He currently is not as experienced as Pickford, for obvious reasons, but we do not know whether he may be able to match or exceed Pickford's ability when he gets here.

Cooper has solid foundations, but he still has to prove himself in the higher leagues. There is no doubt about his ability at this stage of his career, but he is on a journey and will have to prove himself to become a Premiership keeper, and maybe he will be selected for further development in the England environment, maybe.

All ifs and buts at this stage of his career, but we all think that he has the potential, and it is whether that comes to fruition, through his career development, in order for his potential to be fulfilled.