Match day thread (Bristol rovers @ Home) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match day thread (Bristol rovers @ Home)

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":ejyss5l8 said:
jerryatricjanner":ejyss5l8 said:
third earl of jean":ejyss5l8 said:
jerryatricjanner":ejyss5l8 said:
warney":ejyss5l8 said:
Down to 14th.
Yes but more important is we are now 4 points clear of the drop instead of 3 and one less game is left.
Yes but a home game against a team in the bottom half. I think if anything we are in more danger after today rather than less. A defeat would have been a bit of a disaster so I guess we need to be thankful for that.
A team virtually neck and neck with us and on a good run of form. Personally I see it as another point chalked off towards the 51 required and my only concern is that we finish above the bottom four.

Trying to use logic with the trolls doesn't work. They want Adams out therefore the good performance against a strong form team is not a talking point, the last minute equaliser and Adams having words with an opposition player is top of the agenda.

So anybody disagreeing with you is a troll. Says a lot about your outlook.

Oct 16, 2016
An opposition team equalising in the 91st minute is more than ‘telling’

Poor, albeit a point is better than....

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":nzezk8qi said:
jerryatricjanner":nzezk8qi said:
third earl of jean":nzezk8qi said:
jerryatricjanner":nzezk8qi said:
warney":nzezk8qi said:
Down to 14th.
Yes but more important is we are now 4 points clear of the drop instead of 3 and one less game is left.
Yes but a home game against a team in the bottom half. I think if anything we are in more danger after today rather than less. A defeat would have been a bit of a disaster so I guess we need to be thankful for that.
A team virtually neck and neck with us and on a good run of form. Personally I see it as another point chalked off towards the 51 required and my only concern is that we finish above the bottom four.

Trying to use logic with the trolls doesn't work. They want Adams out therefore the good performance against a strong form team is not a talking point, the last minute equaliser and Adams having words with an opposition player is top of the agenda.

At this point of the season removing the manager would be foolish. However when we are involved in a relegation battle there is natural frustration at conceding the lead twice. Especially when it is preventable.

Your devotion to Adams makes you unable to question him in anyway.

Mar 4, 2019
Shankster":3ctk5hud said:
Good game

Two points here;

I’m quicker and better than Sarcevic and I’m nearly 48
Me nan’s Better than Macey and she’s dead

Point a piece is about right

Sarcevic was really quite slow today. Is he really the level of a League One player?

Also - why wasn’t Taylor brought on in the second half? Lapado looked knackered by 70mins and was no good to anyone after that time (though he was good from 45-70mins).

Oct 16, 2016
Green of the South":36tew4jv said:
Shankster":36tew4jv said:
Good game

Two points here;

Sarcevic was really quite slow today. Is he really the level of a League One player?

Also - why wasn’t Taylor brought on in the second half? Lapado looked knackered by 70mins and was no good to anyone after that time (though he was good from 45-70mins).

So many around me and after-before matches are so critical of Ladapo and yet he is isolated because of the manager and his tactics, Taylor is good I don’t doubt that but both are isolated in this set up

Mar 4, 2019
Shankster":39qzpma4 said:
Green of the South":39qzpma4 said:
Shankster":39qzpma4 said:
Good game

Two points here;

So many around me and after-before matches are so critical of Ladapo and yet he is isolated because of the manager and his tactics, Taylor is good I don’t doubt that but both are isolated in this set up

I agree, but in today’s game at 70mins a swap to get Taylor In would’ve at least brought fresh legs and he also wins everything in the air - allowing for some route one play towards the end for Taylor to hold up and keep well away from our goal.

It was a given that we would concede late on. We invited the pressure and had no way of getting it up the field and keeping it there.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Just re-looked at the highlights from this game, they showed 3 attacking moves from Rovers, 2 of them goals and 1 that should have been. 1st chance Songo’s totally leaves a dangerous cross into the box, Macey makes save with his feet. Awful defending. Then for Rovers 2nd goal Songo’o gets out jumped for the Rovers player to get a small amount on the ball which ends up in the corner of the net.

To me unfortunately Songo’o is just not a good CB, good keep him at CDM but I’d rather see Lloyd Jones play CB than Songo’o.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
rsp4":e8s0wrfj said:
I blame DA for that equaliser. Why the [Bad Language Removed by Site Admin] bring on Jones and have 4 CBs on the pitch. We invited them on. FFS.

2 points lost there
I think it's a point gained, am happy with a draw. The most important thing was not to lose. :scarf: :scarf:

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":2rqrrsix said:
rsp4":2rqrrsix said:
I blame DA for that equaliser. Why the [Bad Language Removed by Site Admin] bring on Jones and have 4 CBs on the pitch. We invited them on. FFS.

2 points lost there
I think it's a point gained, am happy with a draw. The most important thing was not to lose. :scarf: :scarf:

Before the game most of us would have accepted a draw, it's the frustrating part of throwing away the lead twice.

Sep 6, 2006
Green of the South":3e4xgjln said:
Shankster":3e4xgjln said:
Good game

Two points here;

Doesnt make sense. If Ladapo was playing well until 70th min Adams aint gonna sub him is he?

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":3cqf4652 said:
rsp4":3cqf4652 said:

2 points lost there

Dont agree.
Rovers arent going down anyway. So it wasnt a 6 pointer.
So where do you think the wins are going to come from if you dont expect us to beat Rovers?

Mar 4, 2019
Balham_Green":wybckj96 said:
Green of the South":wybckj96 said:
Shankster":wybckj96 said:
Good game

Two points here;

Doesnt make sense. If Ladapo was playing well until 70th min Adams aint gonna sub him is he?

Same logic as v Luton. Worked then though.......

Sep 6, 2006
Green of the South":17ae39t3 said:
Balham_Green":17ae39t3 said:
Green of the South":17ae39t3 said:
Shankster":17ae39t3 said:
Good game

Two points here;

How did it work?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":1iwwqiou said:
r4h4al":1iwwqiou said:
rsp4":1iwwqiou said:

2 points lost there

Dont agree.
Rovers arent going down anyway. So it wasnt a 6 pointer.
So where do you think the wins are going to come from if you dont expect us to beat Rovers?
I did expect us to beat Rovers but a draw keeps us above them at least. I think we will beat Scunthorpe.

Mar 4, 2019
Balham_Green":2ota2tqi said:
Green of the South":2ota2tqi said:
Balham_Green":2ota2tqi said:
Green of the South":2ota2tqi said:
Shankster":2ota2tqi said:
Good game

Two points here;

How did it work?

Because Ladapo was brought off for Taylor after 70mins and we managed the game and didn’t concede.... to get a point against a promotion chasing side.