Marmite talk | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Marmite talk

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
l can’t 100% remember but l thought Lyle’s golden syrup use to come in these cool cylinder tins too. But maybe it was treacle.
0_MS_DL_17-12-2022_goldensyrup.jpg

Reactions: MGM
Mar 22, 2008
Plymouth
l can’t 100% remember but l thought Lyle’s golden syrup use to come in these cool cylinder tins too. But maybe it was treacle.
They did both. golden syrup in the green tin and black treacle in a red tin. Used to use the empty tins to store my toy soldiers and marbles in when i was a kid. They've done something to the viscosity (made it thinner) since they put it in the easy pour plastic bottles. Preferred the tins with the thicker consistency. (Irrespective of any of that, though, it has to be Lyle's -no other make comes anywhere near the mark!)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
They did both. golden syrup in the green tin and black treacle in a red tin. Used to use the empty tins to store my toy soldiers and marbles in when i was a kid. They've done something to the viscosity (made it thinner) since they put it in the easy pour plastic bottles. Preferred the tins with the thicker consistency. (Irrespective of any of that, though, it has to be Lyle's -no other make comes anywhere near the mark!)
Mrs Pogle bought a squeezy bottle this morning. The green syrup tins were still there but she wouldn't be persuaded! I never picked up a tin so don't know if it is the same or not - tin or plastic?
When I was in DHS Scouts on a Wednesday night, I would get home late in the dark and Mum would serve steamed pudding. I remeber putting the teaspoon in the tin and dribbling it on!

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Mrs Pogle bought a squeezy bottle this morning. The green syrup tins were still there but she wouldn't be persuaded! I never picked up a tin so don't know if it is the same or not - tin or plastic?
When I was in DHS Scouts on a Wednesday night, I would get home late in the dark and Mum would serve steamed pudding. I remeber putting the teaspoon in the tin and dribbling it on!
I bet your mum smacked your hand if she caught you!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Out of the strong came forth sweetness.

It's in the Bible. Samson kills a lion and a swarm of bees forms a hive in the dead lion which produces honey.
It's a riddle in the Bible I think.

Never knew that - thanks Pogles. 👍

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
By the way, NZ Marmite (not the same product as the UK version) looks like this (in Aus anyway). They got the name before the UK company registered it down under.

1675227199946.png

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
By the way, NZ Marmite (not the same product as the UK version) looks like this (in Aus anyway). They got the name before the UK company registered it down under.

View attachment 7640
Won’t touch that, nor any other product carrying the Sanitarium name.

A multi-billion dollar a year company that hides behind religion, pays NO taxes whatsoever yet claims benefit after benefit because they are Seventh Day Adventists and “require charity status because of the work we do in the community”.

Yeah right!

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Won’t touch that, nor any other product carrying the Sanitarium name.

A multi-billion dollar a year company that hides behind religion, pays NO taxes whatsoever yet claims benefit after benefit because they are Seventh Day Adventists and “require charity status because of the work we do in the community”.

Yeah right!
Why didn't they call it Mormonite??