Marmite talk | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Marmite talk

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I look at it like he is Jeremy Paxman and l’m a Tory MP Argyle fan who is politically corrupt and nobody believes a word l say. It then becomes interesting because l have to find a way to justify my answers to aggressive questioning. I know the unlikely scenario is Paxman won’t believe what l say, but it’s kind of fun.

*Whispers* l kind of like the guy. But then l like those that think lm negative. I’m strange like that.
As we say in New Zealand ,He is a bit like Marmite ,a little bit goes a long way. If you get Marmite in the UK you will understand.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
As we say in New Zealand ,He is a bit like Marmite ,a little bit goes a long way. If you get Marmite in the UK you will understand.

I wonder if you get the same advert as us in the U.K.? Basically it was about Marmite, you got to love it or hate it.

Maybe lm an odd one here, but with Marmite, sometimes l really fancy it but other times l just didn’t.

And that is how l see Social Media. There are days l just don’t fancy interacting with people. And other times lm having conversations about Marmite on a Argyle transfer thread.

Reactions: AdelaideGreen

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I wonder if you get the same advert as us in the U.K.? Basically it was about Marmite, you got to love it or hate it.

Maybe lm an odd one here, but with Marmite, sometimes l really fancy it but other times l just didn’t.

And that is how l see Social Media. There are days l just don’t fancy interacting with people. And other times lm having conversations about Marmite on an Argyle transfer thread.
It certainly is an acquired taste , I prefer to err on the side of caution when applying it to my toast.

Reactions: MGM

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017

And that is how l see Social Media. There are days l just don’t fancy interacting with people. And other times lm having conversations about Marmite on a Argyle transfer thread.
NZ Marmite is not the same product as UK Marmite. In Aus we get both, but the UK version is called 'Our Mate'.

Neither beat Vegemite of course.

Reactions: Bovey Green lady

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
NZ Marmite is not the same product as UK Marmite. In Aus we get both, but the UK version is called 'Our Mate'.

Neither beat Vegemite of course.

As l’ve never had Vegemite lm curious as to what it tastes like. Any way of describing it?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I arrive at page 119 to hopefully find out the latest on MW, and end up reading about Marmite. Gotta love Pasoti.

Its if we ever start talking about golden syrup sandwiches is the time to worry.

Thankfully, the 80’s as a kid didn’t come with the obese health warnings in schools they now have.

Reactions: RKB
Mar 22, 2008
Plymouth
Its if we ever start talking about golden syrup sandwiches is the time to worry.

Thankfully, the 80’s as a kid didn’t come with the obese health warnings in schools they now have.
Now ya talkin"...!! My 'go to' comfort food! Apparently my mother would rub it on my gums when I was teething - and I've been hooked on it ever since! (Well, it was the 60's)

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Now ya talkin"...!! My 'go to' comfort food! Apparently my mother would rub it on my gums when I was teething - and I've been hooked on it ever since! (Well, it was the 60's)

l can’t 100% remember but l thought Lyle’s golden syrup use to come in these cool cylinder tins too. But maybe it was treacle.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
As l’ve never had Vegemite lm curious as to what it tastes like. Any way of describing it?
Vegemite is a by-product of the brewing industry using yeast (like Marmite) but is a little more bitter and is a thicker consistency.

NZ Marmite also uses yeast but has more sugar.

Back to conjecture about MW....