Mark Molesley on loan (Now confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mark Molesley on loan (Now confirmed)

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Am I the only person who thinks McDonald is better wide?

He can't finish for toffee and he charges down the wings well, wins the ball better than any other wide man and has better delivery than any other wide man. As a striker I think what he offers is more limited. He's not a poacher by any means.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
GreenSam":191tcv2p said:

He can't finish for toffee and he charges down the wings well, wins the ball better than any other wide man and has better delivery than any other wide man. As a striker I think what he offers is more limited. He's not a poacher by any means.
After watching him at Bradford I have come to that conclusion as well, he was constantly cutting inside and leaving their RB/ LB behind him but when he finally got into the box his finish let him down. He also tracks back a lot and puts a challenge in, so I think my mind has changed about his ideal position recently.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
SurreyGreen":3a4ki6yr said:
GreenSam":3a4ki6yr said:

After watching him at Bradford I have come to that conclusion as well, he was constantly cutting inside and leaving their RB/ LB behind him but when he finally got into the box his finish let him down. He also tracks back a lot and puts a challenge in, so I think my mind has changed about his ideal position recently.
Exactly my view on him. He has a lot of good attributes for a wide man but lacks the potency for a striker. He also lacks the hold up play/physical prescence/off the ball work of Griffiths, Madjo or at times even Feeney to make up for it. I think this is one of the things Fletch has got right. He gets into good positions and he can run at defenders but imo that's not enough to make him a good striker alone.