Managerial ins and outs 23/24 | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Managerial ins and outs 23/24

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Leam Richardson relieved of his duties at Rotherham

I don’t think their fans expected that. Richardson has been talking a lot about the planning for next season.

I can see them now trying to poach Steve Evans from Stevenage for a 2nd spell.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021

The problem for Rotherham is they've often been clinical in getting out of League One, before being swamped by the Championship beast. Without spending millions they don't have, how do they take the next step? How do they compete against the big clubs in the second tier?

Whoever comes in will need to reshape the squad and they'll be expected to create a competitive team in League One. That will be tougher than it has been in the past.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Rotherham become (technically) the 6th Championship side to change managers at least twice this season.

PAFC, Sunderland, Birmingham, Millwall, Huddersfield are the others.

Nov 18, 2011
I don’t think their fans expected that. Richardson has been talking a lot about the planning for next season.

I can see them now trying to poach Steve Evans from Stevenage for a 2nd spell.
Correct! Evans has already moved to Rotherham.

Says a lot about the man, he should have stayed at Stevenage until the end of the season even if their play off hopes were very unlikely.

Rotherham reappoint Evans after Richardson exit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68834834

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Stevenage will be gutted- could he not have waited until the end of the season

He will probably be looking to pinch Jamie Reid once the Transfer Window opens

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Gareth Ainsworth and Derek Adams already mentioned to replace Evans at Stevenage.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Correct! Evans has already moved to Rotherham.

Says a lot about the man, he should have stayed at Stevenage until the end of the season even if their play off hopes were very unlikely.

Rotherham reappoint Evans after Richardson exit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68834834
Hopefully Rotherham will get a new manager bounce on Saturday. It will have to be one hell of a big bounce, but they could use Steve Evans' gut as a springboard..

Nov 18, 2011
Ainsworth seems like the perfect fit doesn't he. QPR was far too big a club for him, but helping a team like Stevenage punch above their weight seems ideal.

Another reason to desperately hope we stay up then.
Agreed. Ainsworth would be perfect for them, he probably is even based locally.