Macclesfield survive - or do they? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield survive - or do they?

Oct 14, 2015
Stevenage only managed to win three of 36 completed games in League Two in 2019-20,.....although they weren’t the worse team I saw last season 3 wins out of 36 games is horrendously bad...

Oct 5, 2013
This had to happen. Otherwise clubs could basically muck about with fixtures all over the place and potentially affect the outcome of leagues, just like Macclesfield last season.
I think Macclesfield themselves, as a club, will eventually see that this decision is the right one.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The EFL clearly were determined to get rid of the Macclesfield problem, now ditching them on the National League and washing their hands of them.

Stevenage don't deserve to survive, they still were 14 points from safety before Macclesfield's penalties but they can only play the table they're presented with.

This could very well be the end of Macclesfield, especially if they don't come back next season. Money worries in L2 is bad enough, but there's no solidarity payments in the National League so they're going to really have to cut cut cut.

There is one more variable, the EFL won't allow relegations if the National League cannot confirm they will definitely play next season, I'm not sure if anything has been said about that yet.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Willis88":3gz220bc said:
The EFL clearly were determined to get rid of the Macclesfield problem, now ditching them on the National League and washing their hands of them.

Stevenage don't deserve to survive, they still were 14 points from safety before Macclesfield's penalties but they can only play the table they're presented with.

This could very well be the end of Macclesfield, especially if they don't come back next season. Money worries in L2 is bad enough, but there's no solidarity payments in the National League so they're going to really have to cut cut cut.

There is one more variable, the EFL won't allow relegations if the National League cannot confirm they will definitely play next season, I'm not sure if anything has been said about that yet.

The EFL have definitely said that this will be the case but haven't said whether they will still accept Barrow and Harrogate into the League as well as keeping Macclesfield. Would they run with a 25-team League Two?