Macclesfield survive - or do they? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield survive - or do they?

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
GreenBiker":1vk0wj5c said:
Don't they akso have a 4 point deduction carried over to next year?
Those are suspended. Do it again and that'll be consequences.
Do it again and there'll be consequences. Yeah right!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
"On 17 June, Macclesfield had a winding up petition over unpaid tax adjourned for the 11th time by the High Court,

And following the panel's ruling there is still plenty of work for the club to do moving forward.

They must deliver a "professionally prepared business plan to the EFL, seeking to demonstrate sustainable financial resources and management to be put in place for next season and beyond" by 31 July."

There must still be grave doubt about whether they will be able to comply with the requirement to 'prepare a professionally prepared business plan by 31st July' particularly with the winding up petition still ongoing.

EFL won't want to end up with a similar situation to last season caused by Bury's demise after the season started.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stevenage deserve to go for hiring Westley some many times. :wave:

May 3, 2017
IJN":3j8wkfvj said:
Stevenage deserve to go for hiring Westley some many times. :wave:

Exactly. I never understand why they keep re employing Westley. There were clearly compelling reasons why they got rid of him the times before so why the hell go back in for him? He clearly talks a good game but rarely delivers.

Oct 14, 2015
I saw both the home and away games against Stevenage and on both occasions they could’ve taken a point against us, certainly the home fixture when a last minute winner saw us win. Can only assume they raised their game against us. Sad to see them relegated but as someone mentioned earlier even with Macclesfield losing 13 points via the EFL they still managed to stay above Stevenage. Worst team I saw at HP this season was Morecambe.

Oct 5, 2013
Herts_Green":3890gmy5 said:
Surely the EFL should have taken into account the fact that it was a third offence in a season. A 2 point deduction seeks lenient given what has gone on before.

Absolutely, seems like a complete cop-out by the League given that Macclesfield’s actions have had an unfair effect on all the other teams in the division. I would be very disappointed with this if I supported Stevenage.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Macclesfield had 13 points deducted, yet Stevenage were still relegated. They have no one to blame but themselves.

As for Macclesfield, yes they were repeat offenders but they took were punished substantially. Their points deduction was not insignificant.

The right team went down.

Aug 27, 2019
Help needed.....

Bury drop out of the game altogether,. surely there is no relegation from L2 & usual up from National League?
Have no love for either Macclesfield or Stevenage but they have reason to be aggrieved if an extra team come up from National League - surely?,

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was only thinking the other day, if Covid hit us this time last season Bury would probably not have gone!!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
tawtongreen":1wach8vi said:
Help needed.....

Bury drop out of the game altogether,. surely there is no relegation from L2 & usual up from National League?
Have no love for either Macclesfield or Stevenage but they have reason to be aggrieved if an extra team come up from National League - surely?,

Two teams are usually relegated. It's it one this year because of Bury.

Should still be two up from conference, 1st and then should be play offs for 2nd. But NL need to hurry up and decide what they are doing.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Macclesfield technically had 15.67 points deducted as the PPG algorithm the league went with based their total off the deducted tally, not what they had actually won before deductions.

Seen a lot of Stevenage fans suggest they’ve been hard done by but regardless what happens with Macc in the future, they really can’t complain. Bury expelled leaving only one relegation spot and Stevenage having that amount deducted. What more do they want?!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’m convinced Graham Westley must get his sides to raise their game when they play us, because both home & away this season, I thought Stevenage were OK, not brilliant, but OK & I’d seen worse, Must have been awful for the rest of the season.