Lyndhurst exit | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lyndhurst exit

Jan 11, 2017
Last season, the stewards did stop fans from walking towards the Devonport end at times by directing fans out through the Block 10 exit. But it did not happen every game, and yes some fans complained, (who wanted to exit via the Devonport end), but were stopped and directed out the Block 10 exit.

Apr 6, 2009
last year it worked really well, you'll always get someone complaining. It always took me forever to get out of the back of block 11.
I was surprised on Saturday not to see this happening actually but luckily up at the family exit it was nice and easy to get out!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
GreenThing":3vzj5lxr said:
Pogleswoody":3vzj5lxr said:
HC Green":3vzj5lxr said:
phil-thefluter24":3vzj5lxr said:
To make a point ,surely there is there a time limit laid down on the grounds of safety? am sure the length of time it takes to get out of certain areas of the Lyndhurst far exceed acceptable levels ? Heaven help us if we had to make a quick ground evacuation. One of those things put in the " never event " category until too late

In an emergency you would be told to go on the pitch and exit from another part of the ground.

Still have to get down the steps to get onto the pitch. I caught an old boy by the elbow as he was leaving just before the end on Saturday. He was going over and nothing to grab hold of, wonder why they don't opt for a front seat mind? :think:

Not being dramatic but, if there was a 'panic' that old boy would not make it out. Just saying.

In an emergency I expect that the stewards would direct people out from the front row, then second row etc, with everyone told to stay in their seats until directed. This would ensure all out in the quickes way possible.

Having said that, I leave my seat in row R on the final whistle and usually out in about 5 mins.

I think Pogles does have a point though and this won't be exclusive to Home Park. Block 8 as always had a fair representation of elderly people in that area. On Saturday, presumably due to relocation, there were one or two particularly frail people who were in seats at least half-way back. Whilst the exit routes towards the Demport are well discussed on here, the time that some people need to get down those very unforgiving steps also contributes to the delay.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the delay per se. But from a practical sense, in the event of unplanned evacuation, that would pose a problem. It's an unpalatable subject because freedom of choice should always be granted where possible (i.e. where to sit), but I wonder if those 8 minute tests account for the lack of mobility I witnessed in some on Saturday.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Bermudian Green":ouh3g9dy said:
Lundan Cabbie":ouh3g9dy said:
Bermudian Green":ouh3g9dy said:
That will be interesting. I believe that the international standard in which to clear a stadium is 8 minutes.

In an emergency yes but not at the end of the game.

When was the last time we held an emergency drill?

At every home match just as the added time board goes up.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Bermudian Green":bfsdzf5o said:
When was the last time we held an emergency drill?

I don't remember ever having one. I've just got used to the fact it takes about 10 minutes to get out I don't think there's much that can be done about it.

Jul 12, 2016
Don't agree. With a little bit of common sense and direction the situation could be improved. Needs a bit of "traffic management" rather than ignoring the issue.

Apr 9, 2011
HC Green":3rcds2uz said:
phil-thefluter24":3rcds2uz said:
To make a point ,surely there is there a time limit laid down on the grounds of safety? am sure the length of time it takes to get out of certain areas of the Lyndhurst far exceed acceptable levels ? Heaven help us if we had to make a quick ground evacuation. One of those things put in the " never event " category until too late

In an emergency you would be told to go on the pitch and exit from another part of the ground.
Really? a lot that sit around me would not make it over the fence or do they have a plan in place whereby they can open the fence at certain places?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
phil-thefluter24":2ebqq9oi said:
HC Green":2ebqq9oi said:
phil-thefluter24":2ebqq9oi said:

Really? a lot that sit around me would not make it over the fence or do they have a plan in place whereby they can open the fence at certain places?

There are gates all along the horseshoe for such purpose