Lyndhurst exit | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lyndhurst exit

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
yashin":t9u4mlb4 said:
I do apologise for putting my view forward .

But isn't your comment just common sense....stewards surely don't need telling such a basic thing....or do they ?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Princerock":2opwpa1q said:
yashin":2opwpa1q said:
I do apologise for putting my view forward .

But isn't your comment just common sense....stewards surely don't need telling such a basic thing....or do they ?
Not a great deal the stewards can do about it. They could try and block off the path at certain points but a lot of people would probably try and push past them still.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Towards the end of the match, the stewards are deployed pitch side of the advertising. Not sure there are anough to do that and direct early leavers to move on out.

Once the match is over, they should come back inside the hoardings and direct spectators to their nearest exit.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Stewards are either in charge of the crowd or not.....if there not why are they there ?

Jul 12, 2016
Think you'll find the stewards direct very little and allow the exits from the Lyndhurst blocks 10-12 to congest. A lot of elderly supporters find themselves stuck within a crowd which doesn't move and in the absence of any handrail going down the steps can be a challenge.

Apr 9, 2011
To make a point ,surely there is there a time limit laid down on the grounds of safety? am sure the length of time it takes to get out of certain areas of the Lyndhurst far exceed acceptable levels ? Heaven help us if we had to make a quick ground evacuation. One of those things put in the " never event " category until too late

May 8, 2011
phil-thefluter24":x1jbpsju said:
To make a point ,surely there is there a time limit laid down on the grounds of safety? am sure the length of time it takes to get out of certain areas of the Lyndhurst far exceed acceptable levels ? Heaven help us if we had to make a quick ground evacuation. One of those things put in the " never event " category until too late

In an emergency you would be told to go on the pitch and exit from another part of the ground.

NanGreenthing

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 22, 2010
We've been sitting in the Lyndhurst for many years and have no problem getting out Saturday we got out quite quickly maybe it's because we stay and applaud the team and wait until they go off the pitch , by that time most fans have gone out .

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HC Green":33ab3msi said:
phil-thefluter24":33ab3msi said:

In an emergency you would be told to go on the pitch and exit from another part of the ground.

Still have to get down the steps to get onto the pitch. I caught an old boy by the elbow as he was leaving just before the end on Saturday. He was going over and nothing to grab hold of, wonder why they don't opt for a front seat mind? :think:

Not being dramatic but, if there was a 'panic' that old boy would not make it out. Just saying.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":538zw8u9 said:
HC Green":538zw8u9 said:
phil-thefluter24":538zw8u9 said:

Still have to get down the steps to get onto the pitch. I caught an old boy by the elbow as he was leaving just before the end on Saturday. He was going over and nothing to grab hold of, wonder why they don't opt for a front seat mind? :think:

Not being dramatic but, if there was a 'panic' that old boy would not make it out. Just saying.

In an emergency I expect that the stewards would direct people out from the front row, then second row etc, with everyone told to stay in their seats until directed. This would ensure all out in the quickes way possible.

Having said that, I leave my seat in row R on the final whistle and usually out in about 5 mins.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm going to time things next match. I sit on the back row of block 13, one seat away from the aisle. I am pretty sure that if I stood up immediately at the final whistle and tried to leave smoothly it would easily take 10 minutes before I was in the concourse area.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
There is a difference between evacuating in an emergency and leaving at the end of the game.

In the former everyone is trying to get out as quickly as possible. Maybe with a bit of panic but the flow is in one direction and quickly.

In the latter people are stopping to chat, to have a look at what's going on on the pitch, to let others past/stopping to complain at someone barged their way past.

It takes longer to get out at the end of a game because everyone is taking it easy and leaving at their own pace.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":1p4shv7s said:
That will be interesting. I believe that the international standard in which to clear a stadium is 8 minutes.

In an emergency yes but not at the end of the game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Willis88":z4o2cibd said:
There is a difference between evacuating in an emergency and leaving at the end of the game.

In the former everyone is trying to get out as quickly as possible. Maybe with a bit of panic but the flow is in one direction and quickly.

In the latter people are stopping to chat, to have a look at what's going on on the pitch, to let others past/stopping to complain at someone barged their way past.

It takes longer to get out at the end of a game because everyone is taking it easy and leaving at their own pace.

Indeed so. The problem at the end of the game is people using the front walkway to exit towards the Devonport vehicle exit. This means that people can't joint the walkway as easily from the stairs of the blocks towards the Devonport and queues build up on the stairs. In an emergency the stewards will direct spectators to the nearest safe exits or onto the pitch and therefore the front walkway will not be congested in the same way as at the end of the match.