Lowe would like 3 loan players back | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe would like 3 loan players back

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":vg6nx66t said:
Because Blackpool don't want to pay thousands of pounds a week to a player they have no need or plans for.

Hardie was literally playing reserve football when Lowe first saw him. He isn't their starting number 9.

I suppose they could keep him to spite us, but I don't think it makes financial sense for them?

Yeah - but a loan? Terrible business. Good record in L2 in that spell, obvious talent, young. Easily worth good money. They'd be better off giving him minutes than loaning him again.

Jul 12, 2016
Doesn't Blackpool have a different manager now to when Hardie was in the reserve team? He may want to see Hardie play before deciding whether to let him go.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Any deal would likely be heavily funded by performance and appearance base.

Maybe a small fee upfront and then a few clauses based on the above.

Aug 17, 2005
It makes no sense for Blackpool to loan Hardie out again. The end of next season his contract is up and they would see him move on then having paid for the player to play for another club for twelve months.

Aug 5, 2016
Nobby":ui2w329v said:
Knibbsworth":ui2w329v said:
Because Blackpool don't want to pay thousands of pounds a week to a player they have no need or plans for.

Hardie was literally playing reserve football when Lowe first saw him. He isn't their starting number 9.

I suppose they could keep him to spite us, but I don't think it makes financial sense for them?

Yeah - but a loan? Terrible business. Good record in L2 in that spell, obvious talent, young. Easily worth good money. They'd be better off giving him minutes than loaning him again.

Up to them. I don't know the ins and outs of their finances. But it sounds like they need to trim the fat fast.

The priority for them is keeping their good/starting players.
The other priority for them is offloading any surplus to requirement decent earners.
Ryan Hardie is not considered a star player for them.
He may be on a decent wage.
He has an interested club lined up which may be in a position to agree to the terms of his contract with no hassle to Blackpool.
He may even be the first out of the door.
It depends which way Blackpool look at it and how desperate their finances are.

They may have other contracted earners they really want to offload, but no other club will meet their wages.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Knibbsworth":8jj2a3lv said:
He has an interested club lined up which may be in a position to agree to the terms of his contract with no hassle to Blackpool.

They may have other contracted earners they really want to offload, but no other club will meet their wages.

You are assuming that Argyle paid his full earnings last season. Not necessarily true.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we could only get one I'd want Hardie back all day long. He & Jephcott were forming a good partnership, both can score goals, both can contribute in other ways as well. Hopefully Telford will be able to avoid injuries and compete next season also.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Who knows if we'll get Hardie back?/
I'd love it if we did. :scarf:

In the hands of the Gods (Lowe and Schumacher as we know them.) Let's hope Hardie can become Schumacher Lowey 9!!

Kismet Hardie, kismet. :thumbs:

Aug 5, 2016
Argylegames":2vcr9v73 said:
Knibbsworth":2vcr9v73 said:

You are assuming that Argyle paid his full earnings last season. Not necessarily true.

I never mentioned anything regarding last season, or the financial terms of Hardie's loan move.

My point regarding Blackpool is they MAY have a club lined up (Argyle) ready to take Hardie off their hands and meet the terms of his contract.

Hardie may be on more money than we are prepared to spend right now, and the three parties (Blackpool, Hardie, Argyle) might be on the phones trying to work out who is going to make the sacrifices.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Lee Johnson sacked by Brizzle City

Hold that season long loan until we know what the new manager wants then...best laid plans eh?