Lowe would like 3 loan players back | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe would like 3 loan players back

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
What the Blackpool fans think of Hardie returning to Argyle .... Fans forum, an interesting read and a mixed bag of opinions on Hardie.
Ranging from .. "he needs to be given a chance at Blackpool", to "he's not good enough for League One" and "he doesn't fit into the system used at Blackpool".

Given what Simon Hallett has said about the financial security of the club I'd be very surprised if we paid out any kind of transfer fee in the next 6 to 12 months, especially with so many free agents around.
And would it be morally right to pay a transfer fee after most employees at the club have been or still are on furlough? And after the club crowdfunding scheme?
Paying a transfer fee for any player in the current climate wouldn't sit right with me.

Getting Hardie for nothing would be a major scoop but Lowe just might have to look at the free agent market for a striker and coach him into being a better striker.

Jun 27, 2019
It would sit just fine with me if Simon Hallett and Ryan Lowe decided it was the right thing to take our club forward.

And if we did somehow manage to get Hardie for free, would you be okay with his signing-on fee and agent cut? Where is the moral line in the sand here?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought it was interesting that at the recent Fans Forum, Simon Hallett reiterated the clubs aim to be a sustainable Championship club within 5 (now 4) years. I guess he was hardly going to say that due to the financial uncertainty that ambition had been dropped but it did encourage me that he reminded us of it and reinforced it as the club's goal. To achieve that we have to be looking to strengthen the squad and getting players like Hardie and Cooper is going to be critical. Weirdly, it might now be easier for Argyle to progress than it would have been or might be in a year or two's time if things return to 'normal', although that all depends on just how much money there is and how well managed it is.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I agree with that Doc. We can’t just stick with what we’ve got with a few cast offs, we need to invest in the playing side, otherwise we could end up back in L2 as quick as. Simon Hallett will not want that to interrupt his five year plan.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
With Blackpool signing Kshi Anderson from Swindon on a 2 tear deal looks like Hardie may be heading in the right direction

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":b5aofg17 said:
What the Blackpool fans think of Hardie returning to Argyle .... Fans forum, an interesting read and a mixed bag of opinions on Hardie.
Ranging from .. "he needs to be given a chance at Blackpool", to "he's not good enough for League One" and "he doesn't fit into the system used at Blackpool".

Given what Simon Hallett has said about the financial security of the club I'd be very surprised if we paid out any kind of transfer fee in the next 6 to 12 months, especially with so many free agents around.
And would it be morally right to pay a transfer fee after most employees at the club have been or still are on furlough? And after the club crowdfunding scheme?
Paying a transfer fee for any player in the current climate wouldn't sit right with me.

Getting Hardie for nothing would be a major scoop but Lowe just might have to look at the free agent market for a striker and coach him into being a better striker.

What is so wrong with club staff being furloughed?

These are extraordinary times for the lower leagues, and there would be literally nothing for some people to do.

We don't need matchday staff, hospitality staff, catering, kits washing, a ticket office etc. Hallett turning down the government furlough scheme to pay staff to come in and have nothing to do would be a bizarre decision.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Nothing is wrong with the furlough scheme.

Jan 12, 2020
Why do we have to buy him outright for a fee? We could get him on loan for the season and pay his wages. Blackpool save a wage we get the player we want, win-win!

Mar 16, 2009
London
Drake":1dzqzswb said:
Why do we have to buy him outright for a fee? We could get him on loan for the season and pay his wages. Blackpool save a wage we get the player we want, win-win!

Because if you sign a player for a fee (which would generally mean at least a 2 year contract) it becomes an investment for the club.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Justin":32w44u4y said:
Drake":32w44u4y said:

Because if you sign a player for a fee (which would generally mean at least a 2 year contract) it becomes an investment for the club.

And I think that with Ryan Lowe coaching him he will get even better.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
saxman":mz75ea1d said:
Justin":mz75ea1d said:
Drake":mz75ea1d said:

If he is in the last year of his contract could it not be a season long loan with a permanent deal at the end? As Justin said win-win, Blackpool save the wage, we get the player and no transfer fee paid at the end of the loan.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
ngs01":3cy20hfy said:
saxman":3cy20hfy said:
Justin":3cy20hfy said:
Drake":3cy20hfy said:

If he is in the last year of his contract could it not be a season long loan with a permanent deal at the end? As Justin said win-win, Blackpool save the wage, we get the player and no transfer fee paid at the end of the loan.

Unless Hardie is desperate, to the point he doesn't want to play, why would Blackpool loan him to a divisional rival in the last year of his deal?

Aug 5, 2016
Because Blackpool don't want to pay thousands of pounds a week to a player they have no need or plans for.

Hardie was literally playing reserve football when Lowe first saw him. He isn't their starting number 9.

I suppose they could keep him to spite us, but I don't think it makes financial sense for them?

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":3bpyogq4 said:
Because Blackpool don't want to pay thousands of pounds a week to a player they have no need or plans for.

Hardie was literally playing reserve football when Lowe first saw him. He isn't their starting number 9.

I suppose they could keep him to spite us, but I don't think it makes financial sense for them?

Or loan him to a League 2 side quite close to Blackpool, perhaps?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
HC Green":1wh8rlae said:
Knibbsworth":1wh8rlae said:

Or loan him to a League 2 side quite close to Blackpool, perhaps?

He wouldn't be so stupid to sign for another manager who has no idea how to play with 2 up front - he's got that at Blackpool.