League Cup Final History | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League Cup Final History

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Half decent quiz question. This is the 64th season of the Football League Cup. But there have been Finals played in only 63 of those seasons. Why? And a supplementary. Argyle played the first winners of the competition as they progressed to the Final. Later, which three future Argyle players scored their goals in the Final?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Heading to ET.

Chelsea have only got themselves to blame if they don’t win this, comfortably the better and the more threatening side throughout, but they’ve been wasteful.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Liverpool 1-0 up

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Good final in fairness and Liverpool are producing some good home grown talent.

Reactions: Tonka

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Watched the game in a pub in Plymouth, grown men crying and linking arms to sing YNWA alone at full time, I can guarantee that I’ve been to Anfield more times than the majority of them (I’ve been once).

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Liverpool 1-0 up
Liverpool totally deserve the win. No Alison, Salah, Trent, Jota, Nunez or Szoboszlai.

Chelsea had their moments and were kept out by MOM Kellagher. To suggest that they "comfortably the better side" was a big stretch. Klopps trust in the youth has paid off again. Chelsea billions showed very little in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: greenpig27

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Watched the game in a pub in Plymouth, grown men crying and linking arms to sing YNWA alone at full time, I can guarantee that I’ve been to Anfield more times than the majority of them (I’ve been once).
Now that would have turned me from just feeling sick to actually vomiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Cobi Budge
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Devils advocate here, how can you guarantee that? 🤔

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Devils advocate here, how can you guarantee that? 🤔

Half of Plymouth purport to support Liverpool. There were fireworks going off all over the city when they won the title. There’s no chance that they all regularly travel to Anfield.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gary Neville called Chelsea “blue billion pound bottle jobs” post match. He isn’t wrong is he?

Chelsea only have themselves to blame for today. Hundreds of millions of pounds spent. Up against Liverpool’s 2nd string. Chance after chance wasted.

Blue billion pound bottle jobs seems quite apt to me.

I’m saying it through gritted teeth but fair play to Klopp and to Liverpool.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Half decent quiz question. This is the 64th season of the Football League Cup. But there have been Finals played in only 63 of those seasons. Why? And a supplementary. Argyle played the first winners of the competition as they progressed to the Final. Later, which three future Argyle players scored their goals in the Final?

Think the first season saw a two legged "final". Is that right?

No idea on goalscorers though.