Le keeper | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Le keeper

Oct 28, 2011
2 Good saves, but thought he didn't look his usual self at times, looked a bit rusty coming for crosses etc, but I would like to see him given a run in the team.. I don't care if he is coach, he is a good keeper and solid at this level.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
BadBoy":2kkg00cn said:
GreenSam":2kkg00cn said:
Nobby":2kkg00cn said:
Still think Cole is a better keeper all round, but credit where it's due, two world class saves today. I wont mention his kicking.
This for me. My view in a nutshell.
Which is why a keeper need to be high on the list of recruits for next season.
Not at all for me, I think Cole is easily good enough and Larrieu as proved today is an able deputy, pardon the cliche but it's true.

I know it's down hugely to the defence, but you don't get the goals against record that we do with keepers that are crap.

Did you see Cole saves against Bradford and Shrewsbury? I don't buy the line about his cross collection being bad enough either. He merely chooses to punch instead of shoot. How many of Cole's so called "flaps" (punches) have ever cost us a goal? None to my memory. He's also getting a lot better at catching when the time is right, which he didn't do so much earlier in the season.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Deacster":28ze6zj3 said:
Great save first half. All he got was an ear bashing from Purse, strange to see a player giving the Assistant Manager a dressing down! Had a point though Ro should have come out. Very solid and a great servant.
Purse was spot on. :thumbs:

The Doctor

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
LG":8inkadad said:
Deacster":8inkadad said:
Great save first half. All he got was an ear bashing from Purse, strange to see a player giving the Assistant Manager a dressing down! Had a point though Ro should have come out. Very solid and a great servant.
Purse was spot on. :thumbs:

I noticed that and I also noticed Purse and Larrieu having a more positive looking chat about things as they walked off at the end of the first half.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
greengenes":riajq7z1 said:
Purse went to Larry at the end of the first half and pointed at him and said .... " That was some effing save ! " I know what I saw and heard . It wasn't a dressing down it was admiration and rightly so . 2 world class saves today . Legend .
He may well have been saying that as they walked off Rob, but he was certainly saying to him 'you should have come and got it' in the immediate aftermath of the save. :thumbs:

Feb 9, 2011
Wozzer Bowden":2nv3165y said:
John_Doe":2nv3165y said:
Great save in the first half. Woeful kicking against the wind though, but we've come to expect that from him ;-)

Fairplay though, he hasn't played for a while and he's come in and kept a clean sheet. Well done Ro.

Yes great save in the first half but wouldn't have had to make it if he had come of his line and claimed it in the first place.l

thought he should have caught it really :whistle: :whistle:

Mar 9, 2011
Didnā€™t expect to see Ro playing today, but what a couple of fantastic saves he made :clap:

Especially the stretched out / finger tip save in the first half ... brilliant!!

Feb 9, 2011
Sue Pollard":191b3swd said:
Didnā€™t expect to see Ro playing today, but what a couple of fantastic saves he made :clap:

Especially the stretched out / finger tip save in the first half ... brilliant!!
should have caught it though sue be honest camera save :whistle: :whistle:

Mar 9, 2011
grumps":vds0a37z said:
Sue Pollard":vds0a37z said:

should have caught it though sue be honest camera save :whistle: :whistle:

True ... guess I was trying to be kind in this instance ;)

N

newquaygreen

First half save was amazing, I was right behind the goal alsmost Gordon Banks standard. I was convinced it was in :clap:

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
He did look rusty but that is unsurprising as he hasn't played too often since becoming assistant manager that said his first half save was world class but i agreed with other posters Purse rightly had a go at him as he should have come for it. I like him in goal for us and he is better with crosses than Cole but that said Cole has done well for us this season and deserves to be the number one keeper its just good to know that we have a very decent backup. I also thought that Chennoworth looked a very decent shot stopper during the warm up (i know that the warm up means nothing) and hopefully he could become a decent keeper in the future!!

Apr 3, 2010
That save in the first half was out of this world really, i know he could of come for it but fair play to him that was some save, Looked dodgy in the 2nd half at times but he hasnt had too much game time so i guess its understandable, Coles a better all round keeper but Larrieu is certainly good enough to step in and help us out.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
newquaygreen":2l3gphza said:
First half save was amazing, I was right behind the goal alsmost Gordon Banks standard. I was convinced it was in :clap:
THAT save by Gordon Banks from Pele. Wow! Even Pele just stood and looked - probably thinking ''he had no right to save that'' Fantastic !!!