Latest from the Chairman | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Latest from the Chairman

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
When you look at what is happening with other clubs Derby, Reading (possible points deduction) Fleetwood (chairman in court charged with money laundering) it makes you realise we have a top notch honourable chairman who will not treat our club, his club as a play thing & jeopardise its foundations on speculate to accumulate or boom & bust
He is building the foundations to make us a sustainable football club & it is so pleasing that we have cash reserves
Rome was not built in a day- but we are one very well run football club
Onwards & upwards - lets enjoy the ride with our honourable custodian

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Not many clubs at this level will have a ‘buffer of cash reserves‘, with the luxury of being able to make ‘long term investments‘. Reassuring and exciting in equal measure.

And near-confirmation of a big screen, and plans for the Grandstand-Devonport corner :D

I’m not 100% clear on this bit though… ‘looking for opportunities in Plymouth to consolidate our training facilities and accommodate our Academy and women’s teams in a single site’.

Does that mean a training ground for the first team AND academy/women, or just the academy/women? As improved as Harper’s Park is, would be nice to have a ‘proper’ training ground and base for the first team too.

Sep 18, 2010
Very good and honest article. Thank you Simon for a full and informative update across all things Argyle.

Lots of things that up to a couple of years ago were substandard - our Academy, communications, recruitment and our ageing stadium - you are slowly addressing- they all cost money and take time, particularly in these tough times - but we are a club going in the right direction. Thank you.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The interesting thing for me was about a site for training facilities.

l do think this now is a key area for all football clubs. Potential new players will come down and have a look around and most of the time they will spend being an Argyle player is on the training pitch.

Hopefully, we can look to make this a real selling point regarding our club.

The positive thing at the moment, is that the massively improved stadium facilities themselves are like a de-facto training ground because the (also massively improved) pitches are literally a stone's throw away.

It's embarassing really to think of the previous scenario, we must have lost players who were put off by the 1950s timewarp facilities.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I drive past the Power Station at Langage most weekdays.
There is a large, flat piece of land to the west of the Power Station towards Ivybridge.
Probably, not an option but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Interesting he refers to it as "Bobby's Garden" - it seems that's become the official name! Respect - spoken like any other fan :)

Any idea who coined it originally? I know it stems from Bobby Williamson's time, but why?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It would have been on here many many moons ago, before Social Media became so popular I reckon.

Reactions: RKH

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good thing by the Chairman right there.

I was opposed to all this openness when I first heard of it but I was wrong.

I spoke to David Ray regarding the payments to the Academy about a month ago and I must say how impressed I was with the man.

Thinks like a fan and yet is ultra professional. A real addition I’d say.

Onwards and upwards I reckon.