Ladjie Soukouna | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladjie Soukouna

Aug 22, 2006
GreenSam":1k0hmx6j said:
Graham Evans":1k0hmx6j said:
Trouble is he has some flair so he will never be a Carl Fletcher player.A thousand times better than Simon Walton , pity our Carl cant spot a good player when he sees one.
Flair :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

The guy can't pass, has the mobility of an elephant and no positional awareness whatsoever. Didn't have a particularly good head on him either, he could win headers but God only knows where they went. Poor decision making, very slow in thinking and whilst not incredibly slow, far from rapid in pace of movement either.

Very poor player in my opinion, if he had been playing regularly we wouldn't be anything like where we are. He'd be a liability and a passenger in this team. Just my opinion on the games I saw (and there were quite a few before any smart alec says) and nothing personal to the guy.

Here's an example of a walton fan (a bit blinkered judging by reports) who will tear apart a bit of a throwaway view and then make Soukouna look bad. That's poor.

For a guy soooooooo bad, he didn't do bad earning some MOM performances eariler in the season.

Really poor stuff here, I sincerely hope you weren't one of the posters who thought Reda Johnson for example was hopeless or even Berry from earlier this season? Anyone with a bit of a footballing brain could see that these two had potential.

EVEN if you thought he had some bad performances you shouldn't write him off straight away, he hasn't EVEN started a match with our experienced players... maybe because he is too raw and too much of a risk, maybe because walton/wotton cannot be replaced for certain reasons, maybe because he doesn't train well or maybe because you might be onto something, his earlier performances were a bit of a fluke, but please stop being out of order. He wasn't that much worse than walton back in the early days under Reid... so please stop being irrational. Thanks a lot.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":20p41iqs said:
GreenSam":20p41iqs said:
Graham Evans":20p41iqs said:
Trouble is he has some flair so he will never be a Carl Fletcher player.A thousand times better than Simon Walton , pity our Carl cant spot a good player when he sees one.

The guy can't pass, has the mobility of an elephant and no positional awareness whatsoever. Didn't have a particularly good head on him either, he could win headers but God only knows where they went. Poor decision making, very slow in thinking and whilst not incredibly slow, far from rapid in pace of movement either.

Very poor player in my opinion, if he had been playing regularly we wouldn't be anything like where we are. He'd be a liability and a passenger in this team. Just my opinion on the games I saw (and there were quite a few before any smart alec says) and nothing personal to the guy.

Here's an example of a walton fan (a bit blinkered judging by reports) who will tear apart a bit of a throwaway view and then make Soukouna look bad. That's poor.

For a guy soooooooo bad, he didn't do bad earning some MOM performances eariler in the season.

Really poor stuff here, I sincerely hope you weren't one of the posters who thought Reda Johnson for example was hopeless or even Berry from earlier this season? Anyone with a bit of a footballing brain could see that these two had potential.

EVEN if you thought he had some bad performances you shouldn't write him off straight away, he hasn't EVEN started a match with our experienced players... maybe because he is too raw and too much of a risk, maybe because walton/wotton cannot be replaced for certain reasons, maybe because he doesn't train well or maybe because you might be onto something, his earlier performances were a bit of a fluke, but please stop being out of order. He wasn't that much worse than walton back in the early days under Reid... so please stop being irrational. Thanks a lot.
Mazza, a couple of things:

1) I rated Reda Johnson very highly actually, I don't take a one size fits all approach and I judge every player on merits.
2) I did see something in Berry yeah cause he could tackle and had pace and crossing was reasonable. Actually my opinion back then was we should play him up front or on the wing but we've clearly utilsed the potential at right back so fair play
3) Chill out I'm just saying it as I see it. What you said applies to a lot of players but I personally saw very, very, very little in Soukouna that had anything to go on. A lot less than I saw in Berry as a matter of fact. There's being rational and making allowances for poor performances (which is one thing that I did do for other players of that era) and then there's being honest (as I see it of course), calling a spade and spade and saying I think he's poor with very little to go on.

Sep 6, 2006
Soukouna won 4 MOM awards on this very site! What does that say? Definitely one of our best players earlier in the season playing in a struggling side, invariably alongside Hourihan! - Messi might struggle in that role. Would like to see him alongside Wotton and Young in a 3 man Midfield

Sep 6, 2006
GreenSam":1mcxj8fj said:
Graham Evans":1mcxj8fj said:

Walton has been a 'passenger' and we have got away with it. Soukouna has a more physical presence.

Mar 2, 2008
GreenSam":yuahve9v said:
Graham Evans":yuahve9v said:

I'm wondering if you saw one bad performance by him and nailed your colours to the mast based on that.
I'm not saynig he is a worldbeater but he's also not as poor as you make out.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Someone tell me where he plays and which game it was that convinced you he was worth a shirt.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Last time I saw him he came on as a sub for about 25 minutes.

From the way he played in that period he looked as if someone had incorrectly wired him up :crazy:

I will leave it to Fletch to determine his fate. I am not convinced (at all).

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Plympton Pong":36c9dvpo said:
GreenSam":36c9dvpo said:
Graham Evans":36c9dvpo said:

I'm wondering if you saw one bad performance by him and nailed your colours to the mast based on that.
No it was quite a few. Each to their own opinion of course but I think he really was that bad.

He got injured against Swindon at home ages ago and the only game time he has had was a sub appearance at Aldershot just after christmas.

Considering he's not had a chance to play with a better, more experienced team I think writing him off is naive.

I would like to see him next to Wotton if we are safe with 2 games left to just see how he goes. But he is lacking match fitness so much now he wouldn't be up to speed.

Give him a pre-season and see what happens.

Jul 6, 2011
Plympton Pong":3fpnf582 said:
GreenSam":3fpnf582 said:
Graham Evans":3fpnf582 said:

oh, I think he is :problem:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
All I will say is that when I first saw him he proved to be better than I anticipated. I do not see him better than a reasonably defensive mid-fielder. This is currently being held down by Wotts, who retains his position by dint of longer experience and his shooting ability.

J

Jameobi

yeah he is still at the club, i see him and normally speak to him in the lounge before most home games if he aint playing.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
greengenes":2v7kv52s said:
Don't understand this criticism and dismantling of the reputations of our players .

I am very very grateful to every single one who pulled on a green shirt and have helped keep us up under terrible circumstances this season .

They've all done their best . Next season we can judge them all when the situation is different .
So am I. But this is an opinion sharing site and mine is he's not good enough for us and this is a thread about his abilities so I don't see much point dressing it up.

Mar 23, 2008
Ladjie has something and will come good. Look at Durrell Berry and his improvement. If Ladjie had good positional sense and close ball control, he would be playing at a higher level. A rough diamond in need of some polishing.

Sep 2, 2008
This lad will come good. I can see him playing a lot next season probably just in front of the back four. He needs to work on his positional sense and also needs to be a bit more disciplined in holding his position. I think this is one of the reasons why he hasn't been playing - Fletch needs positionally disciplined players to get us out of the trouble we're in. After seeing him play a few games I feel he is going to be a very good player for us.