Ladjie Soukouna | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladjie Soukouna

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pottypilgrim":3ns7i48y said:
This lad will come good. I can see him playing a lot next season probably just in front of the back four. He needs to work on his positional sense and also needs to be a bit more disciplined in holding his position. I think this is one of the reasons why he hasn't been playing - Fletch needs positionally disciplined players to get us out of the trouble we're in. After seeing him play a few games I feel he is going to be a very good player for us.

the criteria i usually apply to these type of players is: would I like to play against therm? could i handle them? if i played against them would i get any opportunity to 'play' myself?

i remember Jimmy Hinch (years ago) lots of people slagged him but would you have liked to mark him every week? :shock: Steve Cooper a bit similar. was he REALLY a great footballer? probably not but he was enough of a 'freak' (no slur intended) to cause problems to 'ordinary' players.

Soukona has got some of the same: all arms, legs and elbows, bit of pace and 'nicks' the ball out of a melee. bit like trying to bring down a combine harvester with a pitchfork!"!"

so i agree, i think he has something.

for our 'experts' to bring out the best in him and develop him

watch this space!! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":uby6iako said:
Someone tell me where he plays and which game it was that convinced you he was worth a shirt.

Central Mid as you dont know, is his best position and where we are weak at the mo. I've seen him have several decent games e.g. Dagenham and Gillingham away as it happens. And he has won 4 MOM polls on this site!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":giifjyhv said:
Mark Pedlar":giifjyhv said:
Someone tell me where he plays and which game it was that convinced you he was worth a shirt.

Central Mid as you dont know, is his best position and where we are weak at the mo. I've seen him have several decent games e.g. Dagenham and Gillingham away as it happens. And he has won 4 MOM polls on this site!

How many of those were before we had proper players?
How many were clear cut? (He won a majority vote over all other players)?
His last few performances were dreadful - a reminder of what the whole team was lie back in September.
He may make a Div 2 team but we now need players who can play in Div 1. We aren't the team he needs.

Mar 23, 2008
Mark Pedlar":2vcygs3k said:
Balham_Green":2vcygs3k said:
Mark Pedlar":2vcygs3k said:

How many of those were before we had proper players?
How many were clear cut? (He won a majority vote over all other players)?
His last few performances were dreadful - a reminder of what the whole team was lie back in September.
He may make a Div 2 team but we now need players who can play in Div 1. We aren't the team he needs.
Fair point, alot of his good performances were in a struggling team, which makes his good performances all the better. I agree with others who would like to see him given a start now we have a stronger team. The last time there was talk of a player being raw and inconsistent that player proved alot of people wrong, anyone see Jamie Mackie score again in the Premier League last night?!