just back.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

just back....

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Agree with most of the people who were actually there (as I was).

Griffiths strikes me as a target man who will win a lot of headers and place them quite accurately BUT the ball doesn't stick to him he just hasn't got control. Sorry.

Chadwick but especially Feeney made a huge difference because as long as the ball wasn't over head height they'd win it, shrewdly backing in to the cbs and using all their experience to win free kicks or hold the ball up etc.

Ref was one sided, booking us for every foul and patting their backsides in admonishment when they transgressed. Cureton's booking right at the death had ben coming.

Comical lino at our end who didn't give an actual offside against Griffiths so made up for it 60 seconds later, motioning he'd come back from an offside position in the next attack - he hadn't he was ten yards onside.

Fletcher had a right pop at Hourihane when he came off - presumably because he was stroppy for being subbed.

Great day out though virtually a fair result but they (Cureton) missed a couple of sitters in fairness

Sep 23, 2005
Ref Andy Woolmer is one of my least favourite. You cant say he favours the home side because he has shown exactly the same inconsistency towards us at Home Park. The only saving grace is he has fallen down from the heady days of the Championship at the same rate as us so his ineptitude must have been noticed by others too.

Dec 12, 2012
jollygreenjohn":1nzw46tc said:
Ref Andy Woolmer is one of my least favourite. You cant say he favours the home side because he has shown exactly the same inconsistency towards us at Home Park. The only saving grace is he has fallen down from the heady days of the Championship at the same rate as us so his ineptitude must have been noticed by others too.

Purse was a thug today, could have been sent off long before the hour mark, but as i was on the bank i could see clearly that Cureton gave him the run around all second half, he couldnt keep up and was just kicking lumps out of him, the worst bit was the CITY fans laughing at how crap we are, tbh we are so bad its untrue

L

love_walrus

Got to say I enjoyed it as a game. A few slips and poor marking at set pieces gifted them some gilt edged chances that they didnt convert, but how many times have we been on top in games and not scored and its bitten us on the arse!! A huge improvement when we went 2 up front, dont think Griffiths is a bad player, but is not a target man who can play up front on his own. We had the lions share of possession and knocked the ball round well at times, so an improvement for sure. I would have taken a point before the game and am happy with 1 after the game. We had enough possession and territory to win the game but didnt create enough chances to go with it so I would say a draw was a fair result even though Exeter had the more clear cut chances. :thumbup:

Jul 29, 2010
jollygreenjohn":yxh10ri0 said:
HE WAS INJURED. Listen to me. Suddenly you trust everything Fletcher tells you?????

Must've injured himself banging his head on the dressing room wall in frustration then because Fletch's on record opinion is that he wasn't very good and was subbed tactically.

So people at the game are now saying how great he was too, funny, the apologistas seem to think he was rubbish.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
iamJC":2efcxs5w said:
jollygreenjohn":2efcxs5w said:

Purse was a thug today, could have been sent off long before the hour mark, but as i was on the bank i could see clearly that Cureton gave him the run around all second half, he couldnt keep up and was just kicking lumps out of him, the worst bit was the CITY fans laughing at how crap we are, tbh we are so bad its untrue

Joined 3 days ago and making some very odd comments, you sure you're not a C*ty fan?

Dec 12, 2012
dazzy3000":3vjyccmd said:
iamJC":3vjyccmd said:
jollygreenjohn":3vjyccmd said:

Joined 3 days ago and making some very odd comments, you sure you're not a C*ty fan?

if i was a city would i be saying this??? ive been reading (un reg)on here for years, its got to the point now that some struggle to see the wood for the trees

also if i was a city fan do you really think i would come on here after a draw against us? most of them think it was 2 points lost

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
iamJC":25bh3hqr said:
dazzy3000":25bh3hqr said:
iamJC":25bh3hqr said:
jollygreenjohn":25bh3hqr said:

if i was a city would i be saying this??? ive been reading (un reg)on here for years, its got to the point now that some struggle to see the wood for the trees

also if i was a city fan do you really think i would come on here after a draw against us? most of them think it was 2 points lost

So tell us you could never support a club as poo as Excretia.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

Have your best Chinos on today? Purple ones to match Tossdale? Must be hard to get your hamper in when the 'big' bank is as 'full' as that. Back home via Waitrose for some stuffed peppers and pino grigio?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
The introduction of Feeney & Chadwick changed the game. As somebody else has mentioned, within 30 seconds of being on the field Feeney won his first long ball, controlled it and then delivered a good cross. He did more in those 30 seconds than Griffiths achieved in the time he was on the pitch. Chadwick also won his fair share of headers, like last week he appears to play a lot better when coming off the bench.

Still can't believe that Cureton didn't put away at least one of those three glorious chances that were presented to him. The first especially, which was handed to him wrapped up like a present from Williams, had me convinced it was about to be 2-0.

Second half was much better, although for all the posession we have around the box we really need to get a few more shots away.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
dazzy3000":20o314yq said:
iamJC":20o314yq said:
jollygreenjohn":20o314yq said:

My thoughts too. Have you ever heard a fan call one of their own players "a thug" - unless furious about a sending off? An opposition player is "a thug" but your own man "put himself about". How-The-F*** were City fans "laughing at how crap we were" when everyone else reckoned a draw was a fair result? My City cupporting mates verdict were both sides were equally poor, so this is either a massive anti-Fletcher agenda or blatant trolling. Nobody to talk to on Exweb?

Sep 23, 2005
hmm and standing with your city pals on the big bank? You might have got a better perspective with your fellow argyle supporters perhaps? Time to return to exweb mr windup.

Jul 6, 2011
Sam Barker":cat5m2x2 said:
The introduction of Feeney & Chadwick changed the game. As somebody else has mentioned, within 30 seconds of being on the field Feeney won his first long ball, controlled it and then delivered a good cross. He did more in those 30 seconds than Griffiths achieved in the time he was on the pitch. Chadwick also won his fair share of headers, like last week he appears to play a lot better when coming off the bench.

Still can't believe that Cureton didn't put away at least one of those three glorious chances that were presented to him. The first especially, which was handed to him wrapped up like a present from Williams, had me convinced it was about to be 2-0.

Second half was much better, although for all the posession we have around the box we really need to get a few more shots away.

Think ur a bit unfair on Griffiths there sam, he was the lone man up front (as he seems to be everytime he plays). He needed a partner & I think Fletch got it wrong bringing him off, he should have been paired up with either Chadders or Feeney. I think if played in the right formation he can be a very effective player & will score goals.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Good day out with less driving than a home game, so can't be all bad.

I thought this a classic game of 2 halves, they shaded the first and scored, aided by a deflection, we won the second helped by a magnificent, pure strike:)

We also finished with 10 men, again for an innocent enough looking challenge but if you have already been booked, beware!

Griffiths had a stinker, the headers he made, finished up not within 25 metres of another Argyle player and the one he missed was in front of an open goal - bewildering. I thought Molesley had another good game as did Joe Lennox. Purse was Captain Courage flying in where others feared to tread and Curtis Nelson was unsung for his right back performance. As for Gurrieri , well, I think he is certainly a marmite player and when I try to think of th telling balls he made rather than the flicks which went astray the flicks have a healthy credit. The fact he went off as did Hotlips allowed us to be "chunkier" in the second half and we looked more solid. Having 2 strikers, even the 2 that came on, looked better than poor old Griffiths flailing around any longer.

We leads me to once again wonder why Madjo couldnt even make it to the 18. When young Tyler Harvey gets the nod you probably know its not your day. He was at the ground and with some of the other lads, stood amongst us to cheer on the team. Saying that I thought the atmosphere was down at Exmouth having a day by the sea. Hope it comes back soon.

For all the evident money being spent in Exeter and it never seems to stop, it still has an inferior road network than my village. After a 20 minute walk back to my car and a 30 minute stop in Waitrose it still took another 20 minutes to get back to the M5 (north)

Good point but 2 poor performances overall, it is difficult to see that we have kicked on from last season or that this is a stronger league than last year.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
dazzy3000":2gpwg1hh said:
iamJC":2gpwg1hh said:
jollygreenjohn":2gpwg1hh said:

i thought the same mate