just back.... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

just back....

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Entertaining match worthy of a Devon Derby.

My takeaway from the match is the tatty Grecian Lion mascot compared to our impeccable Pilgrim Pete.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Thought we were well worth the point particularly considering the sending off and a ref giving us very little

I thought we started brightly playing some good football, but frustratingly couldn't be clinical in the final 3rd. Then they had a good spell rewarded with their goal. Then following the subs we came alive and deserved our goal and looked like we were going to get a second. Then the sending off limited our attacking capability

Molesley has been consistently great for us and I really hope we either sign him or at least extend his loan to the end of the season. He was my man of the match

Yes Cureton missed a few sitters but equally Griffiths had a golden opportunity in the box which he should have reacted to.

The disappointment for me today is the poor allocation and limited space given to the away support and our crowd not getting behind the team until we equalised

Jason

Oct 24, 2010
We were the better side without being a big threat to them. We defended well apart from making three bad mistakes which gave them three good chances one of which they scored. We were well organised defensively and pressured the ball well and for the most part made them play long balls which Purse and Blanchard dealt with easily.We changed formation at the start of the second half to a 433 and pretty much dominated possession but looked more dangerous when we brought on Feeney and Chadwick and went 442. Good game and another encouraging performance.

B

bandwagon

Always going to compete, after all its a derby - we created less chances and theirs were match winners, lucky to come out with a point!!

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
As I said on another thread which has been hijacked...

Lucky to get a point today, City should have been 3 to the good with two sitters missed by Cureton. Then they had a point blank header missed.

Still will take th point but we were awful today until Chadwick and Feeney came on. Constantly lumping it up to the ineffective pinball machine Griffiths.

Lennox, Molesley and Purse our best players.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I thought Purse was immense and "someone" should reconsider the decision to sell him on - we could well need him before the end of this season, unless things improve. Sell him in the summer - but not now. He fully commands respect amongst the team and we need leaders out there.

Gurrieri played well up to the time of being subbed and he and Moseley were our bright sparks. Nelson also had a good game and Blanchard made a couple of cracking tackles.

Young was poor. Lennox was also poor in the first half but came alive after his goal.

Griffiths was awful and looks entirely lazy at times. By contrast Feeney was really good when he came on and even Chadders did Ok. Williams was "ring rusty" that was evident but he will only get better with games.

A draw was about right.

DRJ

May 22, 2006
cornwall
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. First game I've watched for a while (sober). Good effort from the youngsters trying to get an atmosphere going to the right of the goal. Team played indifferently first half and Exeter deserved the lead at half time. Fletcher must have heard the chant of one nil down and one upfront as he changed the game with the introduction of two strikers with 25 minutes to go. The two Exeter centre halves suddenly had their hands full trying to stop both Feeney and Chadwick diving to the floor. Great stike from Lennox whose game had picked up in the second half.

I'm tempted to stay sober for the next game if this is the likely result :scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
esmer":3ekpdz5h said:
We were the better side without being a big threat to them. We defended well apart from making three bad mistakes which gave them three good chances one of which they scored. We were well organised defensively and pressured the ball well and for the most part made them play long balls which Purse and Blanchard dealt with easily.We changed formation at the start of the second half to a 433 and pretty much dominated possession but looked more dangerous when we brought on Feeney and Chadwick and went 442. Good game and another encouraging performance.
You can put your mortgage on Fletcher reverting back to his preferred but totally ineffective 4-5-1 formation again next week until once again we are losing and having to chase the game so he has to change it to try and salvage a point from the mighty Accrington.

You would hope that he has finally realise that the way we played in the last 20 minutes on Saturday is the way we should be trying to play every week but I very much doubt it.

Jul 6, 2011
tonycholwell":2wg2rj1l said:
Good day out with less driving than a home game, so can't be all bad.

I thought this a classic game of 2 halves, they shaded the first and scored, aided by a deflection, we won the second helped by a magnificent, pure strike:)

We also finished with 10 men, again for an innocent enough looking challenge but if you have already been booked, beware!

Griffiths had a stinker, the headers he made, finished up not within 25 metres of another Argyle player and the one he missed was in front of an open goal - bewildering. I thought Molesley had another good game as did Joe Lennox. Purse was Captain Courage flying in where others feared to tread and Curtis Nelson was unsung for his right back performance. As for Gurrieri , well, I think he is certainly a marmite player and when I try to think of th telling balls he made rather than the flicks which went astray the flicks have a healthy credit. The fact he went off as did Hotlips allowed us to be "chunkier" in the second half and we looked more solid. Having 2 strikers, even the 2 that came on, looked better than poor old Griffiths flailing around any longer.

We leads me to once again wonder why Madjo couldnt even make it to the 18. When young Tyler Harvey gets the nod you probably know its not your day. He was at the ground and with some of the other lads, stood amongst us to cheer on the team. Saying that I thought the atmosphere was down at Exmouth having a day by the sea. Hope it comes back soon.

For all the evident money being spent in Exeter and it never seems to stop, it still has an inferior road network than my village. After a 20 minute walk back to my car and a 30 minute stop in Waitrose it still took another 20 minutes to get back to the M5 (north)

Good point but 2 poor performances overall, it is difficult to see that we have kicked on from last season or that this is a stronger league than last year.

Which in English means there wasn't another Argyle player within 50 feet of him, my word he must have been so lonely that day??
I wish people could see these things from a different angle. Maybe the failure is the tactics and those around him, well, not very close around him. Everyone goes on about Gurrieri and what a clever little so & so he is, but he cannot seem to deliver the decisive ball. Griffiths scores a lot of goals playing in a certain format with someone playing beside him. He is not a Madjo or a Chadwick, but an out and out goalscorer....

For heavens sake Fletcher use him properly, not as a fcukin pinball machine!!

Anyway, playing Chadders beside him would help a lot & some wingers as well please :shifty: