John Uzzell | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

John Uzzell

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
He could head, tackle and belt the ball up field, not enough in todays game
Tosh, the players of years gone by would adapt to modern styles of play, diet and fitness regimes and far easier playing surfaces where you can pass the ball out from the back rather than lump it forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: LipsonJock
Jul 13, 2006
How do you compare era's. I was on a coaching course with John, and close up you realised what a good player he was. Maybe not as a left back today, but he would be ideal in a 3 being the left sided centre back in Argyle's team today. What I would give for a John Uzzell right now.

Feb 18, 2016
I think you were at that Burnley game Tim when me and Cris were in Bulgaria when he was sent off in playoffs. Our only chance to date when we almost made the big time 🙁

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
How do you compare era's. I was on a coaching course with John, and close up you realised what a good player he was. Maybe not as a left back today, but he would be ideal in a 3 being the left sided centre back in Argyle's team today. What I would give for a John Uzzell right now.
That would be his ideal position yes.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think you were at that Burnley game Tim when me and Cris were in Bulgaria when he was sent off in playoffs. Our only chance to date when we almost made the big time

That was Shades wasn’t it?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2016
I remember his testimonial v Forest.

Carr on the wing for them and Argyle battered them, sure it was 6-1

anyway, them were the days

I never, ever paid to get into the ground, there was a perfectly positioned tree at the bottom on the ramp leading up to The entrance to the Lyndhurst. Used to bunk in over the toilet roof.

interesting days, violent too

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I see on wiki he is down as living in Yorkshire. I thought he still lived locally.