Jason Naismith to Argyle? (Signed for Peterborough.) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Naismith to Argyle? (Signed for Peterborough.)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Could be looking at a versatile defender that can maybe cover CB/RB

Mar 23, 2008
samjones":h8muqazk said:
Greenarmy99":h8muqazk said:
Ain’t happening, players that other clubs are interested in just don’t sign for us I’m afraid.

Yep , we are rarely anyone's 1st choice. Combination of wages and location no doubt hamper negotiations and boy don't we always know it from numerous managers
Absolute trolling pessimism at its worst.

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":134eip9b said:
PL2 3DQ":134eip9b said:
Larry David":134eip9b said:
I can't see this, looks a bit of a bun fight with a few clubs and Ross want a decent fee for him.

Sunderland want Naismith now but doesn't matter because we now have Riley.

Lot of focus on our RB. Currently though we have no LB signed.

Even if Gary commits we still need an alternative option here.

Ryan Law provides back up to Sawyer if need be. If Law, Sangster, Fletcher and Battle are to make their mark then this season is surely the one they need to be playing at least a handful of first team games.

Feb 17, 2017
Sunderland, Peterborough and Burton interested now

"According to the report, Sunderland are in pole position to sign Naismith with a bid of £200,000."

Then Argyle come in with a bid for £250,000 and take him from under their feet :lol:

May 16, 2016
samjones":7jnwxkm6 said:
Greenarmy99":7jnwxkm6 said:
Ain’t happening, players that other clubs are interested in just don’t sign for us I’m afraid.

Yep , we are rarely anyone's 1st choice. Combination of wages and location no doubt hamper negotiations and boy don't we always know it from numerous managers

Its about time the owners of our Club seriously looked into moving us North. Bit like MK Dons. If we relocate to somewhere between Bristol and Birmingham, we'd be able to attract much better players and cut down on travelling costs. Higher local wages mean we could charge more for tickets. Have a bigger purpose built stadium and stuff with good transport links.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Guiri Green":24wdrlrz said:
samjones":24wdrlrz said:
Greenarmy99":24wdrlrz said:

Its about time the owners of our Club seriously looked into moving us North. Bit like MK Dons. If we relocate to somewhere between Bristol and Birmingham, we'd be able to attract much better players and cut down on travelling costs. Higher local wages mean we could charge more for tickets. Have a bigger purpose built stadium and stuff with good transport links.

Sounds like a brilliant idea, we can stop trying to live in our means and pay excessive fees and wages to draw in premier league players to get us there!

C

chrisrobin

Excellent ideas, why hasn't anyone thought of this before? What could possibly go wrong?!?

Jan 27, 2012
If other clubs are interested in players that Argyle want then its usually curtains- rightly or wrongly, it seems that most clubs in League One are willing to pay more than PAFC.

I reckon Argyle have another right-back lined up behind the scenes anyhow. Whether that is Naismith or not we will wait and see.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Or we were never seriously interested in the first place. I still think it unlikely that this season we'll be paying out transfer fees for players. I don't think many people thought this one had much merit other than the Ross County connection.

Aug 5, 2016
As I said at the time, the signing of Joe Riley for nowt nipped this one firmly in the bud. DA won't go from never spending a penny, to forking out for a RB when he's just nicked a decent one from the playoff finalists.

If we've got money to spend, I'm sure it will be on the important positions i.e. centre midfield and up front.

Mar 14, 2009
I’d be very surprised if we spend anything. I just don’t think we are in a financial position to do that yet unless it’s very minimal fee like Blissett’s was.

The money is gonna go on wages.

When players needing a fee are linked with us it’s normally a news story you can put to bed. This one being a prime example.