Jason Naismith to Argyle? (Signed for Peterborough.) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Naismith to Argyle? (Signed for Peterborough.)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
He's still got two years left on his deal so compensation doesn't come in to it, we'd have to negotiate a transfer fee. The article does mention the word compensation, but it's misplaced.

In response to Dano - The article says he doesn't have that clause.

Nov 25, 2015
plymouth1970":lmhcuxdy said:
Would we need to pay compensation? He’s from Scotland.

Nope, compensation doesn’t apply to ‘cross-border’ transfers.

Would be delighted if we get Naismith - quality defender

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The other issue to consider is that Ross County will be paying several players SPL wages while in the Championship (unless there are contract clauses) so might be prepared to accept a nominal transfer fee just to get Naismith off their wage bill.

Apr 30, 2017
Contacted a mate of mine who regurley watches Scottish Football this afternoon and this was his response;

“We’ve seen that this morning in the newspapers up here. Derek Adams coming back to his old club to steal players! We had a poor season last year, ending up being relegated, but the one positive we had was Naismith. A good powerful right back who loves to get forward and puts in a really good cross. He must be 6’1” (or more) and is decent in the air so can play at centre back too. Only slight negative to him is he had an injury on his knee (happened while he was at St Mirren) and sometimes he gets swelling around it, he missed 4 or 5 games towards the end of our season due to it. But I think it’s one of these injuries that comes and goes. He’d be decent for you guys, maybe not as quick as others but certainly as powerful as them if not more so. His end product can be hit and miss on occasions, but maybe that was more to do with our misfiring forwards this season Not sure about fees. I hear a few teams looking at him though. Burton Albion, yourselves, Aberdeen.”

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Peterborough are now also interested in Naismith.

P

PAFC Galactico

Ain’t happening, players that other clubs are interested in just don’t sign for us I’m afraid.

Aug 5, 2016
If we are signing Riley from the Shrews, I can't see us paying for Naismith. Both seem like starting quality.

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":p4xwdskv said:
If we are signing Riley from the Shrews, I can't see us paying for Naismith. Both seem like starting quality.

I dunno. Riley has already stated he can play various positions, like midfield, which he has done with Shrewsbury at times this season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Larry David":3k41adwm said:
I can't see this, looks a bit of a bun fight with a few clubs and Ross want a decent fee for him.

Sunderland want Naismith now but doesn't matter because we now have Riley.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":208slz6z said:
Larry David":208slz6z said:
I can't see this, looks a bit of a bun fight with a few clubs and Ross want a decent fee for him.

Lot of focus on our RB. Currently though we have no LB signed.

Even if Gary commits we still need an alternative option here.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Greenarmy99":2hc7zuyh said:
Ain’t happening, players that other clubs are interested in just don’t sign for us I’m afraid.

Yep , we are rarely anyone's 1st choice. Combination of wages and location no doubt hamper negotiations and boy don't we always know it from numerous managers

Feb 17, 2017
PL2 3DQ":v4och6fa said:
Larry David":v4och6fa said:

Surely we need more than just riley, isnt he currently the only full back we have? Even if sawyer does sign he should be back up, so we still need two more full backs?