Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was in the paper at the time. He also said it on the 'Well website.

Cor they must have a tiny budget eh?

Apr 1, 2009
The only way I can see Argyle paying the sort of fee likely to be required for Holt would be if they received a similar (or probably larger) amount for one of our current players. Might there be any truth in the speculative rumours about Lameiras that were circulating a few weeks ago?

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
IJN":3ulsvtja said:

Are u saying worse than Brentwallet?

Mar 23, 2008
Would like to see it happen but can't, we are not in the market for higher profile players and are more likely to get an under the radar rough diamond for DA to polish.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
What sort of player is Holt? I recall reading a post that described him as a quick, creative right-sided midfielder (Carey/Lameiras type player) but also seen him suggested as a potential replacement for Fox in the defensive/playmaker midfield role. Which is he? Or is he both?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Beyton_Green":3hlcb2u2 said:
IJN":3hlcb2u2 said:

Are u saying worse than Brentwallet?

Have you sponsored our player yet?

Nov 25, 2015
Holt is meeting with Steven Gerrard this morning, so if there is any truth in these rumours we’ll know more in the next day or two.

To answer The Doctor - Holt is a busy box to box midfielder, when Rangers were in the Championship he was played in a more attacking midfield role.

He’s not a particularly creative player and is usually used in the centre of midfield.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
xmastree":2p1vk8nb said:
The only way I can see Argyle paying the sort of fee likely to be required for Holt would be if they received a similar (or probably larger) amount for one of our current players. Might there be any truth in the speculative rumours about Lameiras that were circulating a few weeks ago?

Derek said he didn't have time to use the JJ money in January. I doubt it, but maybe he can use that for a fee.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
PlymOdi":10ganwcz said:
xmastree":10ganwcz said:

Derek said he didn't have time to use the JJ money in January. I doubt it, but maybe he can use that for a fee.

Thought DA said that money was earmarked for improving facilities and not the playing budget.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rangers have just allowed striker Joe Dodoo to join Blackpool on a season long loan so if Holt is still under contract and does not figure in the first plans at Rangers then a loan deal might suit everyone.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TinTin":d47nabrs said:
Come on Posty.

What is your gut feeling to this one ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Dunno.

A transfer fee would be a problem for us, not so much in cost but mainly because Adams is loathed to pay any transfer fee, he's only paid one transfer fee, £15,000 for Blissett, in his whole career as a manager. Adams has also paid a few compensation fees.

A loan for Holt might be the best option where we pay a % of his wage.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Willis88":1p5xq3d6 said:
PlymOdi":1p5xq3d6 said:
xmastree":1p5xq3d6 said:

Thought DA said that money was earmarked for improving facilities and not the playing budget.

Quite possibly, I think I remember him saying there was no time. Whether they decided to use it this window, or move it to another area of the budget I don't remember.

Jun 2, 2016
PL2 3DQ":12gfgt9a said:
Rangers have just allowed striker Joe Dodoo to join Blackpool on a season long loan so if Holt is still under contract and does not figure in the first plans at Rangers then a loan deal might suit everyone.
Reports tonight that Rangers have terminated Holt's contract

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
And if you look at social media - before taking a bath - the ONLY club mentioned by Rangers fans is Argyle.

Though I remember we seemed to be the only club linked with Rickie Lambert, and look how that turned out.