Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood)

Nov 25, 2015
I would absolutely love Argyle to sign Holt, but just can’t see it happening.
He is very short, but is a real hustle and bustle player who never stops running. He can be a goal threat and is a top guy.

Unfortunately he would command a fee of between £200k-£500k and will be on hefty wages as well.

Feb 17, 2017
Jannerbear":1cilgt5c said:
I would absolutely love Argyle to sign Holt, but just can’t see it happening.
He is very short, but is a real hustle and bustle player who never stops running. He can be a goal threat and is a top guy.

Unfortunately he would command a fee of between £200k-£500k and will be on hefty wages as well.

My sentiments exactly, it looks like jason holt and jason naismith were targets but other clubs with money to spend might have something to say about them joining us. Shame really because out the players either linked or signed so far these two look they could make a difference.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
He signed a 3 year deal at Rangers in July 2015. Unless he has signed an extension to that contract surely he will become a free agent at the end of this month and will not therefore cost a fee.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
He signed extension in 2016.

One report suggests a modest six figure sum would be sufficient, which isn't outside the realms of possibility.

However as others have pointed out, as soon as other teams become interested, this is where we will most likely lose out.

Quintrell_Green":4t9z7dci said:
He has a lot of experience under his belt for sure. I note that he is vertically challenged at 5ft 6in, but there again, Scotland has a knack of producing top players with short legs viz, Bobby Collins, Strachan, Jimmy Johnston, pat Nevin and many others. I would be delighted if this rumour hardened up into reality.
Vertically challenged sounds like discrimination to me. Isn't there a saying about the best things coming in little parcels?

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2d2dlkrf said:
He has a lot of experience under his belt for sure. I note that he is vertically challenged at 5ft 6in, but there again, Scotland has a knack of producing top players with short legs viz, Bobby Collins, Strachan, Jimmy Johnston, pat Nevin and many others. I would be delighted if this rumour hardened up into reality.

Billy Bremner

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":1bebekyc said:
Quintrell_Green":1bebekyc said:

Billy Bremner

Yes, I forgot him, and he was an inch shorter in his day than Jason Holt now. He made Norman Hunter look like teddy bear!

Oct 20, 2015
I wonder what the draw is for Scottish players to come so far south? The weather in Scotland must be nightmarish if that's what they're coming for.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
slingsby_pobble":35iewgmd said:
I wonder what the draw is for Scottish players to come so far south? The weather in Scotland must be nightmarish if that's what they're coming for.
a much higher standard of football in my opinion.i think motherwell signed a player from hartlepool the other day.

Apr 12, 2016
slingsby_pobble":37w8m9ar said:

In a word wages maybe not so much with Holt who was/is at Rangers but wages at L1/L2 level are way above most of the SPFL topflight

Aug 5, 2016
slingsby_pobble":3gv5db6i said:

Carl McHugh took a pay cut from a midtable spending League Two Plymouth Argyle to join top half SPL Motherwell.

So in a nutshell, the wages aside from Celtic and Rangers are ordinary and any Championship or high end League One club is likely to attract the best of the rest.