Janner Chat | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Janner Chat

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I was too quick. Now I have this at the bottom of the screen getting in the way of another link.

44CBFDF5-D2C6-4777-859D-CC1D0D993745.jpeg

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can you not simply move it to 'above forum list' in the white drop list?Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 20.33.07.png

Last edited:

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I just tweaked some settings, please check again now and thanks for your patience guys 👍
Sorry Adam,

I now see the cogs on my I pad, but if I click/touch over them all I get is a help screen.

Attachments

• 18C4CAA3-444B-46B7-B6C6-E8838DAA3412.jpg
    18C4CAA3-444B-46B7-B6C6-E8838DAA3412.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
If anyone else was at the same point as me. Hit Enable Chat, then go to settings again, change the display mode to “Above Forum List, then Disable chat once more. Go in and out of the forums and FINALLY, it’s gone.

Honestly though, it should never have been shoved in front of users pages and it shouldn’t be so fiddly to disable.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hardly 'fiddly' but it could be easier.

Problem we have is, we have so many variants, Apple, desktop, phone, tablet etc, and it's hard to help sometimes when we haven't got the equipment/browser, you have.

Like you, I took some time to find it, but it's now cracked and anyone can flick twist the two in about 3 seconds.

We are aiming to look after everyone that visits this site, even those that don't like change.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I have to agree with Ian here. When we update the website with changes (Chat, Image Carousel, even the Website itself!) we do take into account the devices that Pasoti users have.

However there are so many differentials, including, for example, an Android phone running an older operating system which affects how the web browser can behave, whereas a device with a newer OS can behave differently again 🤷🏻‍♂️

Another example is an iPhone operating differently to a MacBook and how ‘responsive’ the forum can be switching from a mobile layout to a desktop layout.

All these things are considered when updating Pasoti with new additions. It’s not just about if the Pasoti user wants it, we have to factor in that if the new add on doesn’t behave in the way that matches our standards then we have to consider something else.

We really are trying our best to please the Pasoti fan base, but we do realise that there is no ‘one’ fix that will suit everyone’s preferences.

I guess, in this case, that by allowing all to access the Chat it was an ‘opt out’ option that each user could have. At least this way, everyone could at least experience the chat and then make an informed decision to opt out or not. 👍

Reactions: Ponty

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
That’s fine, but if I want to chat with someone, I will use other means. The fact that it was getting in the way of a smooth PASOTI experience was annoying me. All sorted now and thanks for those of you who figured it all out and passed on how to do it.

Reactions: Adam