Jamie Ness | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Ness

Mar 14, 2009
My doubt with him was because he hadn’t played a competitive match before this one today since being injured. Was a big gamble.

Is Ness going to compliment what we already have in our team?

Whilst Toums isn’t the quickest my other concern was the lack of pace in central midfield. Including Ness in there meant we are abit one paced.

I think they were reasonable questions to ask at the time and still are valid for the next few games.

Jan 7, 2018
Ollieargyle9":97yp7o73 said:
Struggled to make an impact first half, clearly a bit rusty and appeared to be trying too hard to impress playing some eye of the needle passes which weren't finding their target.

Second half and like the rest of the team he was much improved. Adams possibly asked him to keep it simple, we didn't need heroes we needed possession and it worked.

I do still think we need a replacement for Toums, I'm not sure how good/fit Ness really is but that to one side he is very much in the same mould as Fox and Sarcevic, we don't need 3 very similar midfielders on the pitch at once. We seriously need someone like Toums who can pick up the ball and carry us forward regardless of pressure. It's a big ask because players like that are gold dust, pressure's on to find one though because our system seriously needs it.

I can't see how fox and sarcevic are now or have ever been similar player's.

Ness I expect is a very tidy footballer ( given past clubs and Scunthorpe throwing him into the play offs) and an improvement on what we had last season but, so far in his argyle career very injury prone.

I have a theory on Derek that of you've spent plenty of time injured at the club you tend not to be kept around when contract is up. Seemed the case in previously times.

Sep 6, 2006
Andy_S":2dr93cks said:
We do seem to be blessed with so many seriously objectionable individuals.

The first 7 pages of the match day thread are slagging off the same player, who hadn't even kicked a bloody ball.

Cringeworthy Ian?

Might bring this up at the next "look at us, were the best supporters" thread pops up.

:funny: 'Objectionable'! Get real mate. I looked at some of those pages and it was merely people voicing their concern on the whole about a player with little recent match time. I believe this is a site where its not just about saying everything in the garden is rosy (though it would suit GA1984). What a boring site that would be?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":ey7qtbul said:
Andy_S":ey7qtbul said:

The first 7 pages of the match day thread are slagging off the same player, who hadn't even kicked a bloody ball.

Cringeworthy Ian?

Might bring this up at the next "look at us, were the best supporters" thread pops up.

:funny: 'Objectionable'! Get real mate. I looked at some of those pages and it was merely people voicing their concern on the whole about a player with little recent match time. I believe this is a site where its not just about saying everything in the garden is rosy (though it would suit GA1984). What a boring site that would be?

Just as boring a a forum where everyone agrees that everything is shyte, when it is not.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Balham_Green":265pou1z said:
Andy_S":265pou1z said:

Cringeworthy Ian?

Wondered how long it would be before you reared your ugly head! :thumbup:

I was not only referring to the slagging off of a player that hadn't even touched a ball in anger, but to those who saw fit to drag his wife and family into the equation.

That, cocker, is truly objectionable!

:thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
Andy_S":30w4lhpf said:
Balham_Green":30w4lhpf said:
Andy_S":30w4lhpf said:

Cringeworthy Ian?

I was not only referring to the slagging off of a player that hadn't even touched a ball in anger, but to those who saw fit to drag his wife and family into the equation.

Fair enough. Didn't see that.

'ugly head' Objectionable'. Pot kettle?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Balham_Green":1vew6k7c said:
Andy_S":1vew6k7c said:
Balham_Green":1vew6k7c said:
Andy_S":1vew6k7c said:

Cringeworthy Ian?

'Objectionable'! Get real mate. I looked at some of those pages and it was merely people voicing their concern on the whole about a player with little recent match time. I believe this is a site where its not just about saying everything in the garden is rosy (though it would suit GA1984). What a boring site that would be?

Fair enough. Didn't see that.

'ugly head' Objectionable'. Pot kettle?

Touche! :lol: I withdraw my remarks about the gentleman's head! :thumbs:

Jan 8, 2006
Jamie is a central midfield player who in the whole of his career has scored 5 goals. In the past week Toums scored two in the same position. Says it all I am afraid to say.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
In fairness at aged 30 Diagouraga has only scored 18 with 4 coming in the last few weeks

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
There would be nothing I'd like more than to be proved wrong, but Ness is clearly not able to fill the void left by Toums.

Apart from an 89th minute substitute appearance against Charlton, Ness has not finished on the winning side for us.

A monkey he needs to get off his back, and fast.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
No he won't fill the void left by Toums but he should never be expected to, he just isn't the same type of player.

I thought he played well today, he has the technical attributes to link up with our attacking players nicely. He lacks the physicality Toums offered but if Adams can get his hands on a like for like replacement for Toums; on the evidence of today and the 2nd half of Donny I'd like to see Ness given a chance alongside Fox and this new man in the midfield three.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ness was a passenger today no wonder we cant win if he is in the team. Too slow and predictable. 1st movement is always back or sideways. He is no Toums replacement and TBH I'd rather have Songo in the team

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I thought Ness played very well today, especially bearing in mind he cannot be fully match fit yet.
He uses the ball well, and doesn’t give the ball away easily.
But then, somebody has to be the whipping boy on this forum, now that Mellor has been hounded out, and Miller is not playing, I guess Ness is the latest player to be rubbished on PASOTI.
I just hope he doesn’t come on this site, and read the comments against him by some ARGYLE SUPPORTERS on here.