James Brent | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent

Aug 5, 2015
I think we’ve been through all this. Luton were reportedly prepared to pay 250k for him in January. Come June they get him for nothing and have up to £250k to offer him as a sweetener. Do you really think he’s worth that and would you want Argyle paying out sums like that! Do me a favour.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
JannerinCardiff":1jsjqtdn said:
IJN":1jsjqtdn said:
Bradley was Adams decision surely. If he wanted him to stay, he would have stayed.

I don’t agree entirely with that.. Adams offered a contract so he did value him but to what level? I don’t know the answer to that. But as a player of the season he surely wanted Bradley at the very least as a backup CB.. I just don’t think the wages and length of contract were good enough in Bradley’s eyes, hence going to Luton on a better deal than what he got offered at Argyle.

Adams could have a certain value that he was willing to pay Bradley, but he certainly did want him.

Carey was Player of the Season for last season.

We know Adams has wanted to sign Canavan for a long time and it might be the same case for Wootton and Peter Grant so when negotiating a new contract with Bradley Adams will know his value and whether his career has peaked and also have a back-up plan to sign Canavan.

As for JB - Adams is lucky to have a chairman who allows a squad overhaul each summer, 14 players signed two summers ago, 8 new players last summer and 10 so far this summer.

The abuse and insults JB receives on Freechat is way over the top.
When he arrived in 2011 he openly said he didn't have the money to bankroll the club and would instead set out a plan to pay off the debts and make the club live within its means. He's done exactly that with the added bonus of a Wembley final, followed by automatic promotion and a right go at the League One play-offs.
It helps that JB chose two good managers in Sheridan and Adams.

He's also found a steady hand and a fan with money to invest in Simon Hallett.

Be careful what you wish for.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Bradley saying he’d stay for more money is what footballers with a short career do, and given he was a player of the year (year before) I probably don’t think he did much wrong, that’s just football.. Bradley clearly thought he was worth x, Adams didn’t offer what Bradley wanted, so he went to some club that would be prepared to offer what he wanted.

The fact that Adams offered him a contract tells me that he did want Bradley.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
JiC he wanted Bradley, but at his price, not Bradley’s.

This has been going on in football since Bosman strutted his stuff.

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t have a problem with Bradley although someone on here reported he allegedly said he was done with Plymouth. But exactly what has any of this to do with James Brent?

May 16, 2016
Before James Brent arrived, I used to pay for my Season Ticket each year, spend the Summer keeping a close eye on the Players coming and going. I'd hope for the best in the Season ahead, trudge up to Home Park when I could, hoping to see a good game and 3 points. Sometimes I got both, sometimes one but not the other, occasionally neither.

Since James Brent took over, I've paid for my Season Ticket each year and spent the Summer keeping a close eye on the Players coming and going.........

.....you get the rest.

Bottom line, people come, people go. We're still here and should be for some time. No love in, no bitchfest , no campaigning, no quest to topple anyone. Those that think otherwise have had 7 years of wasted energy, life and emotion, all to no avail. James Brent is here, he's got history its not stopped him in anyway has it.

Me ? I'm just an ordinary Fan. Deal with it - I do :)

May 8, 2011
Heathrow Green":caxww5xp said:

Very true, Adams valued Taylor and Sarcevic more highly than Bradley, they signed he didn’t.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Guiri Green":5grke4tr said:
Before James Brent arrived, I used to pay for my Season Ticket each year, spend the Summer keeping a close eye on the Players coming and going. I'd hope for the best in the Season ahead, trudge up to Home Park when I could, hoping to see a good game and 3 points. Sometimes I got both, sometimes one but not the other, occasionally neither.

Since James Brent took over, I've paid for my Season Ticket each year and spent the Summer keeping a close eye on the Players coming and going.........

.....you get the rest.

Bottom line, people come, people go. We're still here and should be for some time. No love in, no bitchfest , no campaigning, no quest to topple anyone. Those that think otherwise have had 7 years of wasted energy, life and emotion, all to no avail. James Brent is here, he's got history its not stopped him in anyway has it.

Me ? I'm just an ordinary Fan. Deal with it - I do :)

:iagree:

Where is a like button when you need one?

Rhetorical question as I know it would be abused.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
HC Green":1ftgp2d5 said:
Heathrow Green":1ftgp2d5 said:

Very true, Adams valued Taylor and Sarcevic more highly than Bradley, they signed he didn’t.

Perhaps. Perhaps Adams valued them the same, but they were happier to take it whilst Bradley wanted to aim for more. Matters little now, some stayed some left and were replaced. Same as every club experiences.

Aug 5, 2016
Well last season when Bradley was injured we looked clueless.

Perhaps now if we suffer a CB absence, there is sufficient experience in the reserve options.

Edwards started last season and may well have a battle on for a starting place this season. That shows the depth we have now.

One Sonny Bradley and one Ryan Edwards, or four solid CBs, three with decent League One experience?

Methinks DA manipulated the situation well and made his budget stretch further, but time will tell.

Jan 27, 2012
It seems to me that the grandstand refurbishment is down to Hallett rather than Brent. And I’m pretty sure players have left Argyle for better wages- they won’t want to admit that publically though.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Very likely that players have left for better money Gaspar , lets face it Adam Rooney is reported as leaving Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier to sign for Salford City on a reputed £4,000 a week deal . Surely it is not down to how much you pay someone but more about what value you get for the money spent .

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
It has always been the same. Frank McClintock once told me how Don Revie came knocking at his door late one night to offer him a huge signing on fee if he left Leicester for Leeds. Unfortunately he and Gordon Banks had only just signed new contracts after fighting for improved wages as Leicester’s only international players. He stayed for a couple more seasons before Arsenal came on with an offer neither the club nor him wanted to turn down.
Short careers mean a player would be daft to turn down a lucrative offer. Can’t blame any player for accepting a better offer and you can’t blame Brent nor Stapleton nor McCauley nor Daniel for not being as rich as we’d like them to be