James Brent no closer to finding new chairman. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent no closer to finding new chairman.

Jul 25, 2011
"I do not have the CV, in my view, that makes me a great chairman of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. :crazy:
is that a typo or am I being dim?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
with-menace":xs4y1uuw said:
"I do not have the CV, in my view, that makes me a great chairman of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. :crazy:

the second interpretation would seem inevitable w-m!! :whistle:

for a little more clarity he could have used 'for' instead of 'of' but, in terms of his intentions to appoint someone else better equipped than himself, it is not only clear but laudable :nworthy:

most people in these 'Lord Sugar's apprentice' days seem to think that they can do any job in the world and be great at it. takes an intelligent, strong character to say: 'we need a, b & c .. and that's not me'.
top man JB top man!! :scarf:

It's just an ambiguous sentence in print. Probably more clear when said out loud. I'm pretty sure if you read it as "I do not have the CV, in my view, to make me a great chairman of Plymouth Argyle Football Club." you won't go far wrong. I applaud him for not rushing an appointment, btw.

On another note, right down at the bottom of the article, isn't next summer 2013?

Jul 25, 2011
Dave Langmead":1wnn2b71 said:
with-menace":1wnn2b71 said:

for a little more clarity he could have used 'for' instead of 'of' but, in terms of his intentions to appoint someone else better equipped than himself, it is not only clear but laudable :nworthy:

most people in these 'Lord Sugar's apprentice' days seem to think that they can do any job in the world and be great at it. takes an intelligent, strong character to say: 'we need a, b & c .. and that's not me'.
Y'all be sorry you fired me :cry: I'm going straight to the top with or without you,you'll see, you'll be sorry :cry: :cry:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
with-menace":3kprpq8r said:
Dave Langmead":3kprpq8r said:
with-menace":3kprpq8r said:

Y'all be sorry you fired me :cry: I'm going straight to the top with or without you,you'll see, you'll be sorry :cry: :cry:

w-m you could have been someone! you could have been a contender!! :nworthy:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
So, have they advertised the role?

If so, what happened? Didn't ANYONE suitable apply? That would be quite astonishing really.

If not, why not? The evidence seems to suggest that they should have.

Or were they just relying on word-of-mouth or their contacts? If so, the evidence seems to suggest that they shouldn't have.

Jul 25, 2011
Dave Langmead":b4d5xyij said:
with-menace":b4d5xyij said:

I've always fancied a crack at cruise liner captain, cant be much to it can there? 'Gimmie that wheel'
Straight out of the Ron Noads school me ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
with-menace":208618mw said:
Dave Langmead":208618mw said:
with-menace":208618mw said:

I've always fancied a crack at cruise liner captain, cant be much to it can there? 'Gimmie that wheel'
Straight out of the Ron Noads school me ;)

my dog training business is going quite well as it happens ............ FENTON!! :shock: :oops:

Jul 25, 2011
What I want to know is are there any black chairmen in the league? One for the positive discrimination board eh :shh:
No women though, the only time skirt should be invited into the board room is to serve drinks.
This country :mad:

D

Damon.Lenszner

with-menace said:
What I want to know is are there any black chairmen in the league? One for the positive discrimination board eh :shh:
No women though, the only time skirt should be invited into the board room is to serve drinks.

This joke is sexist and should be deleted immediately with the poster being banned from home park for a minimum of 3 years

Jul 25, 2011
Thanks, for the PM's from all my White, middle aged,middle classed,brethren. I'll take one for the team.
Peace profound brothers!
The post feminist backlash starts here. :hitfan:

Jul 25, 2011
Damon.Lenszner":2cvz434u said:
with-menace":2cvz434u said:

This joke is sexist and should be deleted immediately with the poster being banned from home park for a minimum of 3 years
You've won me over
Let's show the world what a forward thinking club we are and appoint a non male chap who is also non white,and instead of the team coming out to Semper we could have a haunting Eastern style call to prayer. Argyle leading the way :scarf: