Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

May 21, 2010
taunton
Peanuts for a player like Jervis. He gives it his all when he plays, and scored many vital goals for us over the years. Best try and keep our better players if possible.

May 22, 2006
Jake has been one of our better players over the past couple of seasons. Tempting to cash in on him if he wants out. He seems to be out of favour at the moment and his agent may be stirring things up by going to the press.

A problem is that not only does he weigh in with some valuable goals, but he also tracks back and helps Sawyer. If he does go, we may be more exposed at the back unless Vyner adds some much needed pace in defence.

Quite a tough call.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Thing is has Jervis indicated that he wants to go? We don't know any of the behind the scenes goings on. So if he is going to leave in the summer anyway then DA may feels that £100k is to good an offer to turn down. Jervis has been great for us but I think this level is his ceiling.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Thomas Edwards":38r2oyhy said:
He's worth more to us than £100k

This would be a disappointing sale.
Why Thomas? In 16 games time he will be worth nothing to us. In 16 games time Adams will be planning for next season with possibly 100k extra in the budget to pay the wages of a better player more capable of helping with a play off or promotion push.

Oct 16, 2016
He’s generally sat on the bench. So long as he’s adequately replaced or there is adequate cover in the squad, take the money and reinvest

As a fan who parts with money to watch the team, I want to see all the money on the pitch not in someone’s pocket. That HAS to be budgeted for and the club should not spend or borrow beyond its solvency BUT football is about football not bank accounts

Feb 17, 2017
I would say this is good business, he signed for free, if he leaves in the summer (which he might have requested) we will also lose him for free. He is a squad player for us, let him go now get the 100k and put it towards wages of player that will improve our first team, other wise we have got 100k keeping a bench warm until the end of season when he will go for free.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Don't think some people are being realistic. Transfer fees are rarely paid at this level, so to be offered a fee of £100k for a player who can't get into a mid-table L1 side with only 5 months left on his contract is good business. In my opinion.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Thomas Edwards":2fqijkjk said:

Quite agree. He’s been a consistent performer – much underrated as his astonishingly good stats show. He’s also got a great attitude – maybe too willing for his own good to play in different roles even when he’s not really suited to them. I agree that right now he doesn’t fit in the side – by accident or design we have hit upon a really good line-up now that doesn’t include him but things can change really quickly in football (we all thought Lameiras was a flop and many couldn’t wait for him to be shipped out a couple of months ago). Injuries, loss of form, players being taken by bigger clubs who knows? Can’t believe people are wetting themselves over £100K – how the Hell could we get anyone with his record and attitude for that sort of price? Absolute bargain for Walsall if they get him (hopefully not).

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
jerryatricjanner":39e7qxbm said:
Thomas Edwards":39e7qxbm said:

Why Thomas? In 16 games time he will be worth nothing to us. In 16 games time Adams will be planning for next season with possibly 100k extra in the budget to pay the wages of a better player more capable of helping with a play off or promotion push.

My opinion being he is worth a new contract.

He is very consistent, I think he's very committed, very versatile in that he can play wide and up top, and he's a good example to other players.

He's also a very good player, and very capable at this level. He's just not quite fitting into our present system as comfortably as Lammy and GC.

If we magically got promoted I think I'd still keep him.

Nov 2, 2004
The manager will be the best judge of this one.If he does go it probably means Adams wants a different type of player and the offer is a fair one.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Thomas Edwards":12jm3333 said:
jerryatricjanner":12jm3333 said:
Thomas Edwards":12jm3333 said:

My opinion being he is worth a new contract.

He is very consistent, I think he's very committed, very versatile in that he can play wide and up top, and he's a good example to other players.

He's also a very good player, and very capable at this level. He's just not quite fitting into our present system as comfortably as Lammy and GC.

If we magically got promoted I think I'd still keep him.

What if he doesn't want a new contract here?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
I'd say thanks for all you have done for the club, you will always be welcome back here.

And take the 100k

IMO

Jun 27, 2017
If he goes we have £100k plus his current wages to spend on someone more useful. And he can walk, gratis and for nothing, in 16 short weeks. Take the money and wish him well.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Exactly. Assuming he wouldn't sign a new contract unless he had some assurances over his role.

How much will he realistically play in the next 16games?

Silly transfer fees going around but we shouldn't pass up £100k if it works for the club.