Its time that James made a statement! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its time that James made a statement!

Sep 28, 2003
London
If he has said another load of rubbish about "long term vision", "attractive football", "patience" and "talented young manager" then I'm officially going to be out of the James Brent fan club.

Only a complete imbecile could think Fletcher has been anything other than a disaster this season.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Andy Holland":21kzrqbm said:
If he has said another load of rubbish about "long term vision", "attractive football", "patience" and "talented young manager" then I'm officially going to be out of the James Brent fan club.

Only a complete imbecile could think Fletcher has been anything other than a disaster this season.
:iagree:

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
John Petrie":yiiblq8s said:
Well, that sounds as though we will be keeping Fletcher in charge then.

I'm hoping that the phrases 'bad luck', 'talented young manager' and 'supporters need to be patient' do not make any sort of appearance.

Fletcher needs to either be sacked or have experienced help forced upon him, which essentially means he needs to be sacked anyway. Supporters are fast running out of patience and we need to see firm action now and not words.

If supporters like myself and others I know who have always been fully committed don't really want to go any more then it should be no surprise that the crowds are falling and it should come as no further surprise when they continue to fall. Of the small group who I sit with there were three missing on Saturday, all with season tickets, and I very much doubt that many of us would have been there if we didn't have season tickets. This is not unusual at the moment, people are finding other things to do even though they have already paid. That's how bad it is.

Even Charlie, who describes Fletcher as his favourite and banged a drum over chants to remove him, doesn't think that he's up to the job and has lost faith. Our low crowds and the disgruntled and quiet atmosphere at the ground are due to a collective loss of faith in the manager, it is only respect for his past with the club that has kept it so civilised so far and I don't think any other manager would have been afforded such patience and loyalty in the face of soul destroying failure.

If James feels that an interview with a reporter will pacify the very, very loyal supporters of this great club then I feel he has totally misjudged the feelings of many of us.
It possibly looks like a clumsy way to tell us that all will be well and stick with Fletch.
Chris Hargreaves was on Spotlight BBC this evening and said that Fletcher needed someone in to help him!
But thats like putting a sticking plaster over something that is broken and needs major surgery.
We shall see!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
You cant keep bringing people in to help Fletcher.Either the guy is good enough or he aint.Reading Rupert's comment looks like Fletch is here for the long term.If thats the case then BSP next season....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why the fudge doesn't he listen to the people who contribute a very large portion of the clubs finances?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have no problem with an interview of JB by a journalist, I feel there is something more human about it than a bald statement/press release from the office at HP.

It gives CE the opportunity to question JB on unclear, weak points, where a mere statement could be uncontested.

If CF is to stay with further help, so be it. Last season we saw Deehan supposedly help, and it worked, with relegation avoided. Prior to that, we had the nonsense of the era of Sturrock and Mariner, which did not work together, and ultimately saw PS leave Argyle.

It will be an interesting interview to read and a good excuse to buy a second daily tomorrow. Whatever comes out into the open, I just hope it is a positive development in the search for winning displays by Argyle, both home and away. At the moment it must be a bit like Britain before Montgomery turned the tide of WW11 in North Africa.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
More smoke and mirrors no doubt and whilst JB keeps burying his head in the sand RELEGATION looms

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The conspiracy theory looks more like the only logical reason Fletcher isn't sacked with every day that passes

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: