Its time that James made a statement! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its time that James made a statement!

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Chris-E ... story.html

Even Chris Errington is openly debating Argyle's plight.
As he suggests this little break would be the time to make a managerial change if James Brent went down that path, but its whether he has the stomach to turn on the one who he has openly backed since putting him in post.
No doubt James Brent will be looking at what effect this current form is having on the morale of players,staff and supporters who want the best for Plymouth Argyle. The lack of Value for Money resulting in the loss of revenue in gate receipts along with shop and corporate sales must be of grave concern to James Brent and the board.
I think its time this week for James to make a statement to either support Fletcher and the position that he finds the club in or find another manager. then the supporters will know in what direction we are headed!
:scarf:

B

bandwagon

Well at least the local hacks are daring to question the regime - it's a start!!

12Weeso

Spot on. Either way we need to know Mr Brent are you backing or sacking?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's no need to make a statement until the situation changes.

Chris Errington's piece is a good summary of the Pasoti threads.
While we would like to get to Wembley the JPT game could be used by a new manager to access his squad in battle conditions without the pressure of losing vital league points.
The next few days are crucial.

J

jannerabroad

Tony Pastyman":buqcfvod said:
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Chris-Errington-Plymouth-Argyle-slump-Board/story-17425257-detail/story.html

Even Chris Errington is openly debating Argyle's plight.
As he suggests this little break would be the time to make a managerial change if James Brent went down that path, but its whether he has the stomach to turn on the one who he has openly backed since putting him in post.
No doubt James Brent will be looking at what effect this current form is having on the moral of players,staff and supporters who want the best for Plymouth Argyle. The lack of Value for Money resulting in the loss of revenue in gate receipts along with shop and corporate sales must be of grave concern to James Brent and the board.
I think its time this week for James to make a statement to either support Fletcher and the position that he finds the club in or find another manager. then the supporters will know in what direction we are headed!
:scarf:
I don't think it's having an effect of anybody's morals but it is affecting their MORALE.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If change was going to be made I think it would have been over the weekend or today to make the most of the time before the next league game. That would suggest to me that things will stay as they are for the time being. Looking at the pictures on GOS the true attendance on Saturday was much much less than the "official" figure which included all memberships including the many who clearly did not turn up, I would guess the true number attending was barely 5,000. I don't know what would be gained by James Brent making a statement. We have all seen chairmen publicly give a vote of confidence to the manager and sack him days later. The situation is obviously being discussed by the powers that be, football knowledge or not Brent is no fool and will be mightily concerned about the current situation and for sure his faith in Fletcher is being strongly put to the test. I am sure the vast majority of the fan base would call for change right now and think both Fletcher and Brent are being shielded from the concerns of fans with the closure of the Mayflower terracing. Although in a minority i would still give it until the Exeter game, the performance on Saturday was OK by the sounds of it but bad luck just cannot be used as an excuse for being 1 point off the drop after 20 games. To my mind Fletcher has badly mismanaged the budget, his recruitment has been poor, his retaining of some players poor, too many loanees who haven't played regularly, why bring them in if they are not better than what we have?, quantity over quality, why not less bodies and more quality and use the young pros at a push rather than yet another loanee?, far too much tinkering with the team and where are we back to playing Chadwick up front. Goal after goal conceded from poor defending and not defending set pieces properly. Where is the experienced or capable defensive coaching coming from? Who is coaching the strikers? I see many small clubs with attendances of 2 or 3,000, with squads smaller than ours paying wages less than ours and they are leaving us behind. Fletcher seems to be floundering unsure of his best team, formation and struggling to change things during the course of a game. I hope the club are sounding out potential candidates already as decision day is fast approaching. Some of the names bandied about on here are laughable as they are out of our reach but if the PAFC job came up I am certain there would be a healthy number of decent candidates for the job.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
jerryatricjanner":2gim0yk8 said:
If change was going to be made I think it would have been over the weekend or today to make the most of the time before the next league game. That would suggest to me that things will stay as they are for the time being. Looking at the pictures on GOS the true attendance on Saturday was much much less than the "official" figure which included all memberships including the many who clearly did not turn up, I would guess the true number attending was barely 5,000. I don't know what would be gained by James Brent making a statement. We have all seen chairmen publicly give a vote of confidence to the manager and sack him days later. The situation is obviously being discussed by the powers that be, football knowledge or not Brent is no fool and will be mightily concerned about the current situation and for sure his faith in Fletcher is being strongly put to the test. I am sure the vast majority of the fan base would call for change right now and think both Fletcher and Brent are being shielded from the concerns of fans with the closure of the Mayflower terracing. Although in a minority i would still give it until the Exeter game, the performance on Saturday was OK by the sounds of it but bad luck just cannot be used as an excuse for being 1 point off the drop after 20 games. To my mind Fletcher has badly mismanaged the budget, his recruitment has been poor, his retaining of some players poor, too many loanees who haven't played regularly, why bring them in if they are not better than what we have?, quantity over quality, why not less bodies and more quality and use the young pros at a push rather than yet another loanee?, far too much tinkering with the team and where are we back to playing Chadwick up front. Goal after goal conceded from poor defending and not defending set pieces properly. Where is the experienced or capable defensive coaching coming from? Who is coaching the strikers? I see many small clubs with attendances of 2 or 3,000, with squads smaller than ours paying wages less than ours and they are leaving us behind. Fletcher seems to be floundering unsure of his best team, formation and struggling to change things during the course of a game. I hope the club are sounding out potential candidates already as decision day is fast approaching. Some of the names bandied about on here are laughable as they are out of our reach but if the PAFC job came up I am certain there would be a healthy number of decent candidates for the job.

Agree with the above, and also he is outwitted, outsmarted by every manager he comes across.

M

Mr Smith

Mr President":2qqw4rfb said:
If there is an issue it is dealt with behind closed doors and in the private. I actually told JB that he should let the supporters know how he is feeling /how the Club plans to deal with it. He refuses to be drawn into the public drama that is the average football Club. I have a feeling that whilst at the moment it may drive us crazy but in the long term he will instill a professionalism to this Club that has never been seen before. I guess the message of this paragraph is that just because everything isn't reported doesn't mean nothing is happening all he time.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Mr Smith":58nevrsy said:
Mr President":58nevrsy said:
If there is an issue it is dealt with behind closed doors and in the private. I actually told JB that he should let the supporters know how he is feeling /how the Club plans to deal with it. He refuses to be drawn into the public drama that is the average football Club. I have a feeling that whilst at the moment it may drive us crazy but in the long term he will instill a professionalism to this Club that has never been seen before. I guess the message of this paragraph is that just because everything isn't reported doesn't mean nothing is happening all he time.

To be honest as frustrated as I am I cannor disagree with that approach.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Womble":3pmk2am8 said:
Mr Smith":3pmk2am8 said:
Mr President":3pmk2am8 said:

To be honest as frustrated as I am I cannor disagree with that approach.

ditto. I don't buy into the 'he doesn't care' theory. As long as the situation is dealt with and dealt with soon. Personally I am glad we don't have a trigger happy macauly type but enough really is enough and I hope a dignified change of manager will be the next we hear from JB and the board as this 'trusting in them they're on the case' has a time limit. Some are past it, a great many more are probably close to it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

How long does it take for Brent to realise he's backed the wrong horse?

If Carl Fletcher was a good manager, then the time he's had in situ should have seen us well clear of the position we're now in. Especially given the supposed budget Brent has given him.

The fact is, it doesn't matter how long you give a crap manager.

All that will happen is if you give that crap manager long enough, then the crap manager will get you relegated.

Wake up Brent FFS.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
As said before, I admire the fact that he is not playing the farce out in public - however I expect to see a P45 issued sometime this week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'm hoping this week marks the start of the new beginning. I would be bitterly dissapointed if we CF is still in charge at the end of the week.