It makes you want to weep (striker choice) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It makes you want to weep (striker choice)

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I seem to remember many quotes referenece "Mackie runs around like a headless chicken", some chicken. :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
justanotherfan":7uzbswji said:
I seem to remember many quotes referenece "Mackie runs around like a headless chicken", some chicken. :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol:

Oh what we would give for 11 headless chickens right now

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

At least we still have Scooby Fcukin Doo as Manager

Jan 2, 2010
samjones":2x0nzitw said:
justanotherfan":2x0nzitw said:

Oh what we would give for 11 headless chickens right now

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

At least we still have Scooby Fcukin Doo as Manager

I think he'd get away with it, if it weren't for all those darn kids!

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
justanotherfan":19qwd8zj said:
I can clearly recall him missing chance after chance from inside the box when he played for us. Having said that, I wish that Argyle were more capable of getting good money for players because he's not the only one that's been allowed to go for a pittance in recent years. The ones sold just during administration are slightly different, but we didn't get much for the likes of Mackie and they're playing at higher levels than us now in some cases. Other clubs always seem to be better than us at judging potential, quality and value of our players.

BadBoy":3shq75yv said:
Shadowknight":3shq75yv said:
I remember so many fans saying that Cureton was past it, and Akinfenwa was fat and rubbish.

How little fans know, eh?

Exactly, except for Pasoti fans who are experts on everything from tactics to finance.

To be fair, when I was covering Yeovil they had Akinfenwa training with them after he was released by Swansea, and Russell Slade decided to let him go because the club staff thought he'd never get completely fit.

He's done OK at Northampton though, hasn't he?

Dec 2, 2010
To be honest, we've gone with a calculated risk with Rhys Griffiths, and in terms of fitness and performance it hasn't paid off yet. Maybe the second half of the season will see him come to our rescue!

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

when i went to bradford last week i nearly spilt my bovril when i saw chadwick start.then when the game was over i thought he's bound to be dropped for chesterfield.

why not play griffiths and madjo as a front pair ?

agree with a post above that it is so strange it almost seems fletcher wants to be sacked.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
gaspargomez":2hw4xpag said:
I doubt if Fletcher has been signing non-league players because he wants to. It's clear to me that we don't have the playing budget to compete with even the likes of Exeter, who can probably offer better wages than us. .

But our chairman assured us we have a competitive budget, sufficient to challenge for promotion. Surely you're not questioning his honesty?

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
justanotherfan":2rdqr2n2 said:

I seem to remember we had a manager who thought Jason Puncheon not good enough to play for us, good call eh :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm:

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Mackie was a popular player. Sure there was the odd pasoti comment that he ran around like a headless chicken (due to his pace, energy, effort and commitment), but we all wanted him up front. Same with SEB, some said he was lazy at times and commented on the size of his arse in Argyle's white shorts - however who seriously wanted him dropped at the time when he was the league's top scorer?

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Greenblooded1":13u1bywc said:
justanotherfan":13u1bywc said:

I seem to remember we had a manager who thought Jason Puncheon not good enough to play for us, good call eh :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm:

It was always Puncheon's attitude, application, focus and effort that was in doubt, never his talent. Sturrock paid £250k for him, not exactly loose change.