It makes you want to weep (striker choice) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It makes you want to weep (striker choice)

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Jamie Cureton didn't have a club at the start of this season. He's scored 15 so far for City now
Fletcher brought in a Welsh Fireman who had never played league football before.

Oct 28, 2011
Louis Boa Morte.... Fulham/ Arsenal/ West Ham

Joe Lennox/ Andres Guerreri... Bristol/ Bath/Burton Albion.

And they are two of our better players.

May 1, 2011
James beattie, blackburn, southampton, sheff utd stoke and england,scored for accrington stanley tday. Appatently he was without a club.

Dec 2, 2010
There was a strong rumour about Cureton.....but we ended up going for the Fireman.

A couple of Gills mates saw him the other night and said he was outstanding.

We need a manager with a good recruitment record amongst other criteria.

J

JoeTheGreen

We have got a good striker in madjo, but it seems fletcher has forgotten that!? :sigh:

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Three strikers on the bench and we had to put up with Chadwick who quite obviously did not want to know.Its almost as if Fletcher is doing it deliberatley.

Jan 27, 2012
I doubt if Fletcher has been signing non-league players because he wants to. It's clear to me that we don't have the playing budget to compete with even the likes of Exeter, who can probably offer better wages than us. We seem to be limited to players that no one else wants- either rejects from other lower-league teams or non-league players. This seems odd seeing as we have one the highest attendances in the bottom two divisions (despite the fact that attendances are at an absolute low at the moment). I just don't think Brent is funding the playing side of things properly. Unless we start investing in quality I don't see things improving- with or without Fletcher as manager.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I would imagine that most clubs had fairly settled sides that only needed tweaking, we on the other hand needed almost a complete rebuild and probably much the same next summer.

Some of the choices have headscratchworthy tho.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ade the green":22o2hzcf said:
I would imagine that most clubs had fairly settled sides that only needed tweaking, we on the other hand needed almost a complete rebuild and probably much the same next summer.

I don't think we will need a major overhaul next year as most of this squad is already conference standard or below. They should slot in well for another RELEGATION dogfight in the BSP.

Championship to Conference South has to be some sort of record

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":1qhf5bws said:
Ade the green":1qhf5bws said:

I don't think we will need a major overhaul next year as most of this squad is already conference standard or below. They should slot in well for another RELEGATION dogfight in the BSP.

Championship to Conference South has to be some sort of record

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Is it my backside. It's a squad that would be average in League 2 under an average manager, would be above average under an above average manager but is doing below average because we have a manager who is doing an exceptionally poor job. If you go on raw quality of squad then I'd say it's about middle-lower of this league. This squad would be one of the best in the Conference. Top 5-8 or so at least. Lets not deliberately over-exaggerate.

Jan 2, 2010
I remember so many fans saying that Cureton was past it, and Akinfenwa was fat and rubbish.

How little fans know, eh?

Feb 21, 2011
Shadowknight":236g2myq said:
I remember so many fans saying that Cureton was past it, and Akinfenwa was fat and rubbish.

How little fans know, eh?

Exactly, except for Pasoti fans who are experts on everything from tactics to finance.

Aug 17, 2006
I wasn't there yesterday but saw Bradford. How did Chadwick start today he was dire at Bradford? We ended up with both him & his sidekick on at the end at Bradford. Feeney although I don't rate him at all is not in the squad against Chesterfield. Lowry who I saw for the first time had an excellent game gets dropped why? I gather Molesley had a good game yesterday but that doesn't excuse dropping Lowry. Harvey came on at Bradford & looked outstanding. Yesterday sat in the dugout all match.

Fletcher has not got a clue.