International call ups | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

International call ups

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
NO Waine in starting lineup for NZ

Lineup:

Egypt
: Mohamed Abo Gabal - Mohamed Hamdi, Mohamed Abdel-Moneim, Ramy Rabia, Mohamed Hani - Marwan Attia, Emam Ashour, Mohamed “Afsha” Magdy - Omar Marmoush, Mostafa Mohamed, Mahmoud 'Trezeguet' Hassan.

New-Zealand: Max Crocombe - Michael Boxall, LIberato Cacage, Dane Ingham, Nando Pijnaker - Clayton Lewis, Sarpreet Singh, Marko Satemenic - Matt Garbett, Callum McCowatt, Max Mata.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Romania 1 N.I. 1 HT Hazard yellow card 44th min

Egypt 1 NZ 0 43 mins

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Romania's equaliser described on Twitter by BBC Sport NI as one that Hazard won't want to see again. He's now been subbed off at half time.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Romania level in fortuitous circumstances and it is a goal that Conor Hazard will not want to see back again.

Dennis Man is found by a long ball forward and brings the ball down in the box before swivelling and firing towards goal.

He struck is shot well, but it was straight at Hazard, with the ball squirming through the goalkeeper's fingers and into the net.

A change between the sticks for Northern Ireland at the break as Bailey Peacock-Farrell replaces Conor Hazard.

Peacock-Farrell is sporting a mask as he recovers from a nasty facial injury sustained at the start of the month with his club.

Oct 9, 2023
Hazard starting for Northern Ireland in Romania.
And also Stevenage FC's Jamie Reid , born in Torquay, has scored tonight for Northern Ireland away to Rumanía.

Jamie scored against their
centre half Dragusin of Premiership team Tottenham Hotspur and against his teammates many of whom play in the Top Divisions in Spain, Italy , Turkey, Rumanía etc..

Some of us suggested signing Jamie in January as :
a) He is a real goal poacher and IMO
he could score goals in any division
(like Mariner, Tynan, Kellow etc.) already with 128 goals and many assists in 397 games (even though some games
were admittedly at semi-professional level),
b) Jamie would have been a cheaper option for us than many other strikers
available in the UK or from abroad,
c) He is a Devon lad born in Torquay, played for the Gulls, Exeter City and Truro etc. so he would settle in easily back home.

However, some critics on here said that Jamie was 'too old' (even though he's still in his late 20s and many of our new signings are now deemed by some to be
'too young '!) and that 'there was no money to sign a forward in January ' !

I'm sure that Jamie would have got on the end of some of those numerous crosses by Miller and others in recent games and scored some goals for us.

On top of that, Jamie's value will have gone up a lot tonight after his goal on the international stage in front of over 30,000 fans !

Sep 28, 2022
Apparently Harry Hazard didn't have the best of games last night for Northern Ireland in their away game with Romania. They ended up drawing 1-1 apparently after Hazard had gifted Romania a goal in the first half. He was actually substituted at half time, although to be fair that might have been a pre match plan. No doubt this would have boosted his confidence for his return next weekend. I am still not totally convinced that he is the real deal as our number 1 should Cooper move on. Lots of potential, size etc but still questions about using his height in the box to come for the ball. He is also prone to the odd "soft goal. Obviously this is my own opinion but heh ho that is the whole point of Pasoti, Coygs!.

Jan 6, 2004
Apparently Harry Hazard didn't have the best of games last night for Northern Ireland in their away game with Romania. They ended up drawing 1-1 apparently after Hazard had gifted Romania a goal in the first half. He was actually substituted at half time, although to be fair that might have been a pre match plan. No doubt this would have boosted his confidence for his return next weekend. I am still not totally convinced that he is the real deal as our number 1 should Cooper move on. Lots of potential, size etc but still questions about using his height in the box to come for the ball. He is also prone to the odd "soft goal. Obviously this is my own opinion but heh ho that is the whole point of Pasoti, Coygs!.
I would be very surprised if he was subbed for a mistake - much more likely as you say they wanted to look at 2 keepers.

Sep 28, 2022
Could you please explain, was it because I referred to him as Harry. I am somewhat confused as I thought that this website was for opinions of Argyle fans as a whole.