I'm not giving up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I'm not giving up

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":334jin9a said:
They may be small things but it's exactly things like that that turn me stone cold. In normal times your captain hung around to meet and greet the fans and sponsor groups, you could even have a beer with him if you were so inclined. Nowadays win lose or draw they're off as quick as you like, or can be found on facetw@tter congratulating themselves on a new phone purchase or a discount at Nando's :furious:

My signature has changed to reflect my mood now and it's exactly that, no more heroes, no-one to admire, no-one investing any pride passion or belief in Argyle. Yet I AM supposed to pay good money, drive all day and wave flags like a loon?. Sorry, but no, this cart ain't moving until the horse is put back infront of it :sigh:.

I understand where you're coming from but I'm sure that back in the day Friio, Halmosi and David Norris sent texts, bought phones and ate out occasionally. These things are not the players fault.
Heaven forbid that any of the players are seen having a beer or enjoying themselves. Better they put as much distance between themselves and those that would critisize everything they do or say.

Mar 23, 2008
Going slightly off topic, but interesting to note the QPR players have cancelled their Xmas do. Irrelevant or good PR?

B

bandwagon

Ade the green":13kwdjzb said:
bandwagon":13kwdjzb said:
jerryatricjanner":13kwdjzb said:
Very well put Bandwagon. I can't see the number of attendees on Saturday being more than 4,000 to be honest, or the official attendance including non attending ticket holders being more than 5,500.

Yes and that's another disgrace that has slipped out recently - it's there to mislead not inform and I don't care if every club does it, it's not right!!

Isn't the thing about STs that either the money is trickle fed after each game meaning the figures have to be correct or more likely that with a season ticket you are pre booking your seat. Whether you go or not, that seat cannot be re-sold so again the figures have to balance.

Now that the wage cap is in place the figures have to balance. The only way it's a scam is if the club says it has a gate of 2000 when those that have bought tickets are 10000. Some clubs have tried this in the past to not pay income tax on any POTD.

I haven't had a ST for 2 seasons - but dont they scan anything as you go in? POTD go through own turnstiles so they know that figure. to be fair, will be many years before more fans than tickets enter!! :thumbup: :doh: :cool: :whistle:

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

argyle is for life not just for christmas.

yes it's poor at the moment but you need crap times to enjoy the great times.

don't say you don't want to go because of some silly personal principle or stand against the board.go and enjoy it.

discuss who should be in goal,why is purse being sold,when will williams be back,why oh why is chadwick still played etc etc

enjoy the occassion when the team are bad and when they are good. you may get more from it thatn just going to see a win.

Nov 23, 2011
Fair point Mr O.
And i guess it's true what the late great Bill Shankly said...... If you can't support us when we're losing... don't support us when we're winning...... but christ it's hard sometimes. :scarf:

B

bandwagon

mr optimistic":2vsmvls9 said:

don't say you don't want to go because of some silly personal principle or stand against the board.go and enjoy it.

discuss who should be in goal,why is purse being sold,when will williams be back,why oh why is chadwick still played etc etc

enjoy the occassion when the team are bad and when they are good. you may get more from it thatn just going to see a win.

Fantastic sentiment MrO - and I said earlier, you are exactly the sort of fan Mr Brent needs to count on!! :clap: :clap:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mr optimistic":2a2ooeca said:

"go and enjoy it."

see what you are saying but that is a big ask at the moment. Mrs Pogle is a fairly recent ST recruit. she just says: 'If it is carp and you're not enjoying it, why do we keep going?'

quite difficult to answer that to someone who hasn't got the (47 year) 'habit' of going to Argyle! :sad:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'll just keep going cause that's what I do.

I'll just keep thinking how good the good times will feel and that'll be what inspires me to go to Accrington from Plymouth on the 22nd of this month, amongst other games. That and the fact that it's as much of a social experience as anything. However bad it is, it still isn't enough to stop me supporting. I entirely understand those who differ though.

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

'going up argyle' is so much more than the result.

if you want a great team that wins every week you really are supporting the wrong team !

no one said it was going to be easy being an argyle fan.but once you are you are.accept the role !

every ten years or so you'll get a promotion to cheer and that makes it all worth while.

B

bandwagon

mr optimistic":pctzz2zt said:
'going up argyle' is so much more than the result.

if you want a great team that wins every week you really are supporting the wrong team !

no one said it was going to be easy being an argyle fan.but once you are you are.accept the role !

every ten years or so you'll get a promotion to cheer and that makes it all worth while.

Blimey, you are getting to me - I like your passion and you deserve better, good luck on saturday!! :clap: :clap:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
For me, I just want to see or hear some real passion coming out of the club...anything!!

A rallying call from our captain or manager. A recognition that things are bad, but that every effort is being put in place to rectify this. At the moment we're being offered nothing. SHOW US YOU CARE!!!

If Fletch came out and said something in the lines of, "This run isn't good enough, I'm sorry to the fans and I can assure them that things will change because this club means the world to me and the players. We haven't given people what they deserve and it's time we did."

At least then you'd feel at least some reassurance that things are resonating within the people in charge. But right now there's nothing, we're in auto-pilot, sailing further into the mist and air traffic control are out at lunch, whilst the pilots are playing cards in the cabin. The air stewards are sat around taking the wages whilst the tea and coffee for the paying customers goes cold.

Bad analogy maybe, but this is how it feels to me right now.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Well done Mr O, 2 very good posts. Exactly the camp I'm in. The good times will feel all the better for this nightmare.