I'm not giving up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I'm not giving up

Dec 2, 2010
Good for you green. As I say elsewhere, I am not going to the next game, or any game until I see some serious action.

Does anyone here really think it will be any differ against York? Just because Fletcher continually says it's bad luck and things will change does not mean they will.

The club is a mess. Look at the Purse shambles today.

This is 10 times worse than last season and some people cannot see it or accept it, because we have 5 more points than we did this time last season!

There'll be fewer than 5000 Saturday.

B

bandwagon

greengenes":2omyl32x said:
I just can't. Its too much a part of my life. We lost a fellow pilgrim today and many before who would love to be able to go to the next home game. I thought about this tonight and started to waver. I'll keep going to the bitter end whatever it is. I'm far from happy with anything at Argyle right now so its a struggle. However I cant quit.

A heartfelt plea there GG - the club is going to need fans like you to survive!! :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, the club will need fans who feel shortchanged to prosper!! :sad: :sad:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Very well put Bandwagon. I can't see the number of attendees on Saturday being more than 4,000 to be honest, or the official attendance including non attending ticket holders being more than 5,500.

B

bandwagon

jerryatricjanner":2zymsp3o said:
Very well put Bandwagon. I can't see the number of attendees on Saturday being more than 4,000 to be honest, or the official attendance including non attending ticket holders being more than 5,500.

Yes and that's another disgrace that has slipped out recently - it's there to mislead not inform and I don't care if every club does it, it's not right!!

Jul 29, 2010
greengenes":2gbs71hj said:
Pilgrim61":2gbs71hj said:
Good for you green. As I say elsewhere, I am not going to the next game, or any game until I see some serious action.

Does anyone here really think it will be any differ against York? Just because Fletcher continually says it's bad luck and things will change does not mean they will.

The club is a mess. Look at the Purse shambles today.

This is 10 times worse than last season and some people cannot see it or accept it, because we have 5 more points than we did this time last season!

There'll be fewer than 5000 Saturday.

I think you make valid points . Just not for me right now .I don't go to any matches expecting a win anymore . Hoping yes but expecting -no .

But what hope is vain hope? Admittedly I can't get to many games but even so, I'm presently on about a 30-40 games winless streak. That's soul destroying.

Expectation died years back, and it's not the point of supporting anyway, you shouldn't expect to win. But you should expect to be entertained, enthused, have something to get you out of your seat. But no. You wouldn't go to the same restaurant, theatre or cinema and feel short changed and deflated 30-40 times and keep coming back, no, hope has now gone too :sad:

I admire those who can still put themselves through the torment of watching the once beautiful and sexy young woman Argyle once was now beaten black and blue each week with cauliflower ears, black eyes and a nose that goes in three directions.

But there's a fine line between admiration and bewilderment.

Nov 23, 2011
Valid points made for both sides of the argument.
I will be there on Saturday, although a 45 mile drive down to HP is starting to become the most exciting part of match day for me now.
I normally travel down with my father-in-law to the games, but for the first time in his 50 years as an Argyle fan, he just can't face it anymore.
Gone are the days when we genuinely believed we would be driving back in a great mood after seeing the boys get 3 points and the two of us talking at great length about who played well, who was our MOM etc.
The drive home nowadays is mainly spent in silence wondering what the hell just happened, and why i waisted £20 when i could have spent an afternoon playing with my two children.

Why do i do it?? becuse when it boils down to it.. I LOVE THIS CLUB OF OURS :sad:

I've got a ticket for Saturday's match. Dad's in Derriford recovering from a minor operation. I'll pick it up pre-match along with the Torquay tickets for Boxing Day and if I can get in for the last 20 minutes after visiting time, that'll be a bonus. I haven't seen us play since the debarcle at Fleetwood. It's a little like drinking. The day after, you swear you'll never drink again. We know that doesn't really happen. So a bit of live Argyle action, even if it is dross, is better than none in my book.

M

Jul 29, 2010
......quadruple that drive home 'zilla and the bewildered silence doesn't change any. You watch the petrol tank emptying like a metaphor for your soul slowly being destroyed in front of your very eyes.

You're spot on with that observation.

Nov 23, 2011
You're right x isle, the petrol guage going down, really is a metaphor of my hopes and dreams.
Although i had to chuckle to myself after the Chesterfield game, i was just leaving plymouth, soaking,cold and very p1$$ed off... when Darren Purse flew past me in his mercedes doing about 90 mph up the A38. I kept up for a while but the conditions were nasty, and as i've already said, I have 2 kids to think of. But it suddenly dawned on me.... things must be really bleak if our captain is trying to get away from home park even quicker than i was !! :lol:

Mar 23, 2008
It is soul destroying but I keep the Hodges era in mind, followed by Luggy and 3 fantastic years and 2 championships. We are still going backwards and this could continue for years but the tide will turn and how good will it feel? Keep the faith.

Jul 29, 2010
They may be small things but it's exactly things like that that turn me stone cold. In normal times your captain hung around to meet and greet the fans and sponsor groups, you could even have a beer with him if you were so inclined. Nowadays win lose or draw they're off as quick as you like, or can be found on facetw@tter congratulating themselves on a new phone purchase or a discount at Nando's :furious:

My signature has changed to reflect my mood now and it's exactly that, no more heroes, no-one to admire, no-one investing any pride passion or belief in Argyle. Yet I AM supposed to pay good money, drive all day and wave flags like a loon?. Sorry, but no, this cart ain't moving until the horse is put back infront of it :sigh:.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
bandwagon":9bmfns3k said:
jerryatricjanner":9bmfns3k said:

Yes and that's another disgrace that has slipped out recently - it's there to mislead not inform and I don't care if every club does it, it's not right!!

Isn't the thing about STs that either the money is trickle fed after each game meaning the figures have to be correct or more likely that with a season ticket you are pre booking your seat. Whether you go or not, that seat cannot be re-sold so again the figures have to balance.

Now that the wage cap is in place the figures have to balance. The only way it's a scam is if the club says it has a gate of 2000 when those that have bought tickets are 10000. Some clubs have tried this in the past to not pay income tax on any POTD.