IJN - You have created a monster | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

IJN - You have created a monster

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edmonds200":3pbh5snt said:
I dont know if this forum reflects the fan base (I suspect not!) but I for one have had enough.

DA is right in the fact that Plymouth people wouldn't have appreciated The Beatles in 1963 if they played live at Home Park - Bloody Rubbish they would say and I can hear that now.

People like Reuben Reid, Peter Hartley, Nelse, JJ and even Sonny all think we are extremely lucky to have DA at the helm and he has released or offered unacceptable terms to all of them - but our own fan base are clamouring to remove him and replace with WHO? (bearing in mind he still has the 3rd highest win percentage in English football since Aug 2015!!!)

We as a City are the largest to never have played in the Premiership - is that because of the numerous managers that have tried? Or is it because of our negative mindset as Plymothians that would prefer to sit behind a keyboard on PASOTI in their Man U and Chelsea kits downing everything and everybody that is trying 100% to get us to the promised land.

Green Tints - What is this? Surely every true fan looks at things with a green tint - what other tint would you look through??

We have the most successful manager win wise in our history -FACT. Now get behind him the team and the City or else you will all live to regret the missed opportunity. This manager is 100% committed to the Club and City. I knew a lot of the players in the Sheridan era and tbh they didn't give a toss which reflected the managers attitude.

Which brings me back to the monster that IJN has created. This site lets fans post negative nonsense like its going out of fashion but when I posted the truth a few times years ago during Sheridans reign I was hauled in front of the clubs hierarchy and told to cease which is why I have finally decided to call it a day - this site doesn't attract reasoned posts only negative unconstructive posts that could hold the club back and which it doesn't need. Good Night and farewell
I agree with your paragraphs 2 to 6. We had some ā€˜interestingā€™ discussions about Reuben Reid a while ago and it is interesting to know his, and other former players, opinions of DA.

I certainly donā€™t agree with your final paragraph as Pasoti is an excellent website that is well run by IJN and the moderators.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I donā€™t think Edmonds was slagging me or the Mods off to be fair, he was simply saying how negative PASOTI can be at times.

I think heā€™s right BUT this site is fiercely independent of the club and thatā€™s the way it should be. If someone wants to say how crap Freddy, Reuben Reid or Alessandra is/was, thatā€™s the way it should be!

Personally I always prefer to be positive and optimistic and so do many others but weā€™re not all built the same are we?

There are those elsewhere that claim this site is over moderated and sanitised but again whilst people are entitled to their opinion I think most fair minded and non agenda driven people will agree that this site is far better off without swearing and libellous remarks. If you crave that sort of thing, along with the hate, there are other sites that fill that need admirably.

I like to think our site is somewhere between the hateful stuff and where Edmonds seems to want to be.

Perhaps he can set up his own site, he can dedicate it to blowing sunshine up PAFCā€™s backside if he wants. I have a feeling though, it will be as popular as ATD.

Mar 8, 2016
Iā€™m not sure if the original poster has quite got a grasp on what football forums are about. Fans post opinions, for every negative one youā€™ll find a positive one. Also he needs to look at the league table, that alone will suggest why fans are not too happy right now. If he thinks argyle fans are alone in sometimes having a negative approach then heā€™s very much mistaken, many many other teams are worse than us. For what itā€™s worth I think this monster he thinks thatā€™s been created is actually one of the best football forums you will find.

Leo's Grandad

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
IJN":1iarwoeh said:
They are Green actually, two out of three aint bad though.

But the real question is what shade of green ?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
At the end of the day, the thread originator has an opinion. It is his personal choice to express it. I do not endorse all of it by any means, but let's not pillory the guy in his sincere thought. Let's wallow in yesterday's 3 points and look forward to the next League game with greater hope of more away points, at fellow travellers Oxford.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the main reason for a mickey take is his flounce QG. We haven't had one for quite a while, and it's good reason to chortle when it happens.

Most come back.

Jan 11, 2017
IJN":29sr18dt said:
Ham Green":29sr18dt said:
Well he is Cornish. Ever been to Helston? That guy got away lightly.

Cornish? How dare you, I have four fingers and a thumb on each hand plus I know how to put cream on a scone!

Hmmm, wait till I see you next!

Georgieboy

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Mar 17, 2015
hoovermelon":2lveo1d9 said:
Complete and utter tripe

Cant even be bothered to elaborate or justify why
This is the best football site on the tinternet. We moan about everything. Parking! DA! JB!The Grandstand! Every player! Keep it up PASOTIERS you'll never be a real janner if you don't moan. COYG. :funny:

Oct 14, 2015
I understand to an extent what the OP is saying. For example, where are the usual negative posters and those that constantly fall out and bicker with other members been since 4:50pm yesterday??? Seems they only appear when we lose...

May 16, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":u1q12naa said:
I understand to an extent what the OP is saying. For example, where are the usual negative posters and those that constantly fall out and bicker with other members been since 4:50pm yesterday??? Seems they only appear when we lose...

Yes it does seem that some only post when we are losing or lost. A good example being the Matchday threads. Go ahead or win and it slows down. Concede and lose, the post count doubles ! Its very noticeable when you're unable to attend games and rely on it as part of the matchday routine.

Sing when we're winning. Post when we're losing.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
nick_PASTIE":1tfrzgiu said:
Alan Turing":1tfrzgiu said:
Edmonds has had a bee in his bonnet ever since we peed on his Peverell parking scaremongering chips.

No loss.

:wave:

Self serving.

:lol:

Apr 5, 2008
edmonds200":2qc4dgg6 said:
I dont know if this forum reflects the fan base (I suspect not!) but I for one have had enough.

DA is right in the fact that Plymouth people wouldn't have appreciated The Beatles in 1963 if they played live at Home Park - Bloody Rubbish they would say and I can hear that now.

People like Reuben Reid, Peter Hartley, Nelse, JJ and even Sonny all think we are extremely lucky to have DA at the helm and he has released or offered unacceptable terms to all of them - but our own fan base are clamouring to remove him and replace with WHO? (bearing in mind he still has the 3rd highest win percentage in English football since Aug 2015!!!)

We as a City are the largest to never have played in the Premiership - is that because of the numerous managers that have tried? Or is it because of our negative mindset as Plymothians that would prefer to sit behind a keyboard on PASOTI in their Man U and Chelsea kits downing everything and everybody that is trying 100% to get us to the promised land.

Green Tints - What is this? Surely every true fan looks at things with a green tint - what other tint would you look through??

We have the most successful manager win wise in our history -FACT. Now get behind him the team and the City or else you will all live to regret the missed opportunity. This manager is 100% committed to the Club and City. I knew a lot of the players in the Sheridan era and tbh they didn't give a toss which reflected the managers attitude.

Which brings me back to the monster that IJN has created. This site lets fans post negative nonsense like its going out of fashion but when I posted the truth a few times years ago during Sheridans reign I was hauled in front of the clubs hierarchy and told to cease which is why I have finally decided to call it a day - this site doesn't attract reasoned posts only negative unconstructive posts that could hold the club back and which it doesn't need. Good Night and farewell

What on earth are you talking about :doh:

Only two wins in 17 matches and your having a go at posters being negative :doh:

It would be the same at any other club in the country if their club was having such an awful run of results.

Oh well off you go then :wave: .Why do people announce on forums when they are leaving,like anyone cares.

Sep 27, 2017
moles40":33gu98i3 said:
edmonds200":33gu98i3 said:

What on earth are you talking about :doh:

Only two wins in 17 matches and your having a go at posters being negative :doh:

It would be the same at any other club in the country if their club was having such an awful run of results.

Oh well off you go then :wave: .Why do people announce on forums when they are leaving,like anyone cares.
I donā€™t understand it either Steve