IF reid goes who do you want to replace him? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

IF reid goes who do you want to replace him?

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
If Reid goes which i hope not,but be worth given Paul Wotton a go.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
At least Kevin Hodges has a promotion success under his belt, but no, not Wotts, I am afraid.
I think he could make a coach but not a top job man.

Landsender

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Apr 20, 2008
Exmouth
I think a certain Mr Julian Dicks would be a good shout, he loves the Westcountry & i've heard through the grapevine he would love to have a go at league management.
With his desire to "attack" at every opportunity it could be a bumpy ride but hey, what the heck. :shock:

Onwards & upwards

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Firstly people are aiming too highly. We are a League Two club now and most of the managers that have been previously linked with us will now keep their distance. If Reid was to go I'd be surprised if we got a "name" from any league above.

Also, the latest 'trend' as it were in football tends to be hire from within. So with that in mind I think I'd have to go for Romain Larrieu. He is Argyle through and through and know what makes this football club tick. He has seen the good, the bad and the ugly and knows the point of view of the fans. Heck he is a fan himself. Also whenever we have a goalkeeper on loan we also hear about how useful is he to them. How he helps them one on one and aids their development. Coaches them if you like. There is no doubt in my mind that Larrieu could do a job as manager or player manager should Reid go and on top of that he wouldn't require much wages or any compensation package. What's more the players already know him well and the team spirit is high.

Dec 7, 2006
Um, no thanks. Lovely guy, loyal and all that but if he commanded his troops like he does his area then there are better options! :cool: We need an experienced, lower league manager to steady the ship and steer us in the right direction - this is NOT the time for another 'Mariner' experiment!

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

FordGreen":18s9lnf8 said:
Um, no thanks. Lovely guy, loyal and all that but if he commanded his troops like he does his area then there are better options! :cool: We need an experienced, lower league manager to steady the ship and steer us in the right direction - this is NOT the time for another 'Mariner' experiment!
Who do you think we are? We are Plymouth Argyle in League Two and essentially the whole time we were in the Championship we were punching above our weight. It's not a nice thing to accept but it is reality so the sooner our fans accept this - the better.

It wouldn't really be an 'experiment' either. As I have said other clubs are doing it now with Crystal Palace and Bournemouth being the two notable sides. Now correct me if I am wrong but both are better sides than we are? I would go a long way to say that in a few years time Bournemouth will be a bigger club than us too. If it is good enough for them then it is certainly good enough for us.

Also, from the feedback I have had about AS, he would make a very good manager.

Aug 19, 2009
marchwoodgreen":1ylek03b said:
If Reid goes which i hope not,but be worth given Paul Wotton a go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What!!!!!!! :shock: - Some people should really not drink so much during the day.

What I would like to know is why there is the obsession with so many people on here in bringing back Mr. Wotton, whether it be as a player, coach or manager?

S

Sporting Lipson

I have said on a previous thread, if he goes I would like to see a young manager, maybe continential in the style of Martinez. All this talk of Cocko, Wotton etc scares me to death.
Should St Peter leave, give the new man at least two seasons and play our way out of the league.

Dec 7, 2006
Lloyd-Davies14":3re5au99 said:
FordGreen":3re5au99 said:
Who do you think we are? We are Plymouth Argyle in League Two and essentially the whole time we were in the Championship we were punching above our weight. It's not a nice thing to accept but it is reality so the sooner our fans accept this - the better.

It wouldn't really be an 'experiment' either. As I have said other clubs are doing it now with Crystal Palace and Bournemouth being the two notable sides. Now correct me if I am wrong but both are better sides than we are? I would go a long way to say that in a few years time Bournemouth will be a bigger club than us too. If it is good enough for them then it is certainly good enough for us.

Load of bollox - of course it would be an experiment! He has no coaching badges (as far as I'm aware) and no managerial experience so what else could it possibly be called apart from a huge gamble. And for every apparent 'success' there are a myriad of dismal failures eg Bryn Gunn last year at Norwich, Sutton at Lincoln to name but two. And being in L2 hasn't stopped higher profile names from managing clubs in it - Martin Allen, Peter Taylor, Micky Adams for example. :cool:

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
I want a revolt at Doncaster and for them to sack Sean O'Driscoll.

One of the most underrated managers in the league and the football Donny play is lovely and it's a team without any superstars!

I remember him once being linked with us and when asked about it, replied that he was flattered as he'd never been linked with a managers job in his life!

Sadly he's now likely to be out of our league (and currently in a job!)

G

Greenskin

Lloyd-Davies14":1erptw09 said:
FordGreen":1erptw09 said:

Bournemouth were going to be the "next big thing" back in the early seventies-thats why they changed their name to AFC Bournemouth,so that they would be the first club alphabetically in the football league.John Bond,Ted McDougall,Phil Boyer were going to take them all the way to the top.Never happened though.And it won't this time.Do you think Eddie Howe would have walked out on them if he really thought that in the future they were going to be a bigger club than Burnley? They're not a bigger club than Argyle and never will be.They certainly have got a better team,but with a modicum of decent off the field leadership at Home park,that situation could very soon be reversed.Argyle were no more "punching above their weight" than Swansea,Cardiff or Bristol City were in the CCC.It's gross incompetence/greed that has led to Argyle's downfall,nothing to do with the size of the club.

As to the appointment of a rookie manager,i'm not really against it in principle,but it would be going against Argyle's history for someone within the club to succeed,as Messrs Ufton,Kellyand Jones have found out.I don't see why,if the off the field shenanigans were resolved,an experienced manager with a decent track record shouldn't be attracted,a la Warnock and Sturrock.Hope Reid stays and gets a fair chance though.