Ideas for new murals. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ideas for new murals.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
How about a massive Number 12 and the words "Green Army" next to the number?

or

Could have loads of past Argyle kits and maybe the season they were used?

or

Could have an Argyle XI of the past from all the years from the start til date in a 4-4-2 formation.

or

How about some Argyle songs and their lines.

If you need any help with this NIKKK i'd be glad to help out further with my ideas.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Mr President":35voqi17 said:
cornysteve":35voqi17 said:
As Womble says, "What exactly is ian n's role at the club?".

Regards Muriels, would prefer something more historical than those currently displayed.

Somebody that has coordinated literally hundreds of thousands of pounds being raised for Argyle, the GTs, lots of charities and other good causes. A lot of people who have donated money trust Ian and ask him to help put together ideas / initiatives for the Club that help to raise cash. Nikkk (who I am sure can speak for himself) falls into the category as do many others that ask Ian for help. The end result is the Club benefitting financially and with things like the murals the stadium getting a nice facelift.

So basically a lifelong Argyle fan that people trust helping out.
Indeed. There is no doubt that without Ian's support and ideas we would not have got involved in supporting the club commercially to he extent that we have and will continue to do so going forward. :thumbup:

Jul 29, 2010
Deacster":i14codzj said:
bizzay1":i14codzj said:
What about a mural of "that header" from the play off final
Like this idea.

Ronnie's leaping salmon header, an iconic image if ever there was, ah happy days, sigh.

Coincidentally I thought I saw Ronnie going through Gatwick the other day but wasn't 100% sure enough to go up and shake his hand........maybe a Muriel will assist for next time.

No current players please, we don't wish to be reminded once they've gone.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
X Isle":ubcljhqa said:
Deacster":ubcljhqa said:
bizzay1":ubcljhqa said:
What about a mural of "that header" from the play off final
Like this idea.

Ronnie's leaping salmon header, an iconic image if ever there was, ah happy days, sigh.

Coincidentally I thought I saw Ronnie going through Gatwick the other day but wasn't 100% sure enough to go up and shake his hand........maybe a Muriel will assist for next time.

No current players please, we don't wish to be reminded once they've gone.

Should've shouted "Ronnie!" and hid but peeked to see if he looked or not.

Jul 29, 2010
......but maybe not the best place to start chanting "he's got a gun, he's got a gun, he's got a, Ronnie's got a gun" though!

Dec 19, 2008
nikkk":2zgofsup said:
Following an excellent meeting today with Ian N and a visit to Home Park, It looks likely that FES are going to sponsor more murals. :thumbup: Good revenue for the club and certainly brightens the areas up ! We would love some input as to who/what you would like to see on them. Ideas ?

How does putting a mural* up inside the ground generate any revenue for the club? Are fresco enthusiasts likely to add it to their list of must see works and buy a ticket so they can stand there for hours in wonder at this astonishing work of art?

*it's not a mural as murals are works of art applied directly to a wall/ceiling - this is more of a graphic panel and isn't a work of art, it's a two tone image done quite easily with photoshop.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
hairy j":x7jc5bm8 said:
nikkk":x7jc5bm8 said:
Following an excellent meeting today with Ian N and a visit to Home Park, It looks likely that FES are going to sponsor more murals. :thumbup: Good revenue for the club and certainly brightens the areas up ! We would love some input as to who/what you would like to see on them. Ideas ?

How does putting a mural* up inside the ground generate any revenue for the club? Are fresco enthusiasts likely to add it to their list of must see works and buy a ticket so they can stand there for hours in wonder at this astonishing work of art?

*it's not a mural as murals are works of art applied directly to a wall/ceiling - this is more of a graphic panel and isn't a work of art, it's a two tone image done quite easily with photoshop.
Fair enough but they do brighten up drab concrete don't you think and we do pay the club for the space per season as well as the production costs so win win :thumbup:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Mr President":1at8cmf5 said:
cornysteve":1at8cmf5 said:

Regards Muriels, would prefer something more historical than those currently displayed.

Somebody that has coordinated literally hundreds of thousands of pounds being raised for Argyle, the GTs, lots of charities and other good causes. A lot of people who have donated money trust Ian and ask him to help put together ideas / initiatives for the Club that help to raise cash. Nikkk (who I am sure can speak for himself) falls into the category as do many others that ask Ian for help. The end result is the Club benefitting financially and with things like the murals the stadium getting a nice facelift.

It was a fair question i thought.

Onto the picture, i echo the "no current players" veiw. Except wotton, the one ledgend out there.

A

Andy_Lannie

nikkk":1pv9couf said:
Mr President":1pv9couf said:
cornysteve":1pv9couf said:

Indeed. There is no doubt that without Ian's support and ideas we would not have got involved in supporting the club commercially to he extent that we have and will continue to do so going forward. :thumbup:

Didn't answer the question though, I'm immune to politics and side stepping questions. We all know that Ian did a really good job while we were under the cosh and I know that he is really likes the idea of charity work, but the question hasn't been answered. Simple really.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
How about plan view diagrams showing key goals from our history with crosses for players and lines showing the movement of the ball and the players as the moves unfold (e.g. Mauge's header, Friio's goal v QPR etc). I know exactly the kind of thing I am trying to describe although I'm not sure anyone else will from my description!

B

bizzay1

The Doctor":2bb6exai said:
How about plan view diagrams showing key goals from our history with crosses for players and lines showing the movement of the ball and the players as the moves unfold (e.g. Mauge's header, Friio's goal v QPR etc). I know exactly the kind of thing I am trying to describe although I'm not sure anyone else will from my description!

Would the current players be able to follow them though :doh: :coat:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
At least one of some fans. Noddy, Umbrella Vi and Michael Foot spring to mind.

A huge thanks to nikk and Ian for stepping forward yet again.

Dec 19, 2008
Andy_Lannie":9ly8zmgr said:
nikkk":9ly8zmgr said:
Mr President":9ly8zmgr said:
cornysteve":9ly8zmgr said:

Didn't answer the question though, I'm immune to politics and side stepping questions. We all know that Ian did a really good job while we were under the cosh and I know that he is really likes the idea of charity work, but the question hasn't been answered. Simple really.

You aren't permitted to discuss ex-posters - it is not allowed.

Everything and every one involved with Plymouth Argyle is wonderful and you will not say otherwise. We are a great club, the best club in Devon (apart from Exeter and Torquay - it's lucky Dorchester is over the road in Dorset), we have the best fans (who throw streamers!) and we will, WILL, WILL be in the Premier League one day under James Brent. Stop being mean to good people.

Why does Ian's role matter? Some strange things being asked at the minute.

As for the mural, how about something celebrating the green army mixed with something reflecting the 125 years of the club? A mix of crests old and new maybe? The club never really celebrate 125 because of everything that was going on so perhaps it could be immortalised this way?