Ideas for new murals. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ideas for new murals.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
GTTB Resurgam":g9d892sf said:
The squad picking up the division 2 and 3 titles on the pitch? One on either side of a entrance marking the year and league.

Good shout.

How about the severed head of keith todd?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
James Brent captaining the Mayflower and sailing it up and out from under the water to signify the saving of Argyle. Not sure whether JB would go for that sort of thing though :lol:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Womble":3amea139 said:
GTTB Resurgam":3amea139 said:
The squad picking up the division 2 and 3 titles on the pitch? One on either side of a entrance marking the year and league.

Good shout.

The ACTUAL head? :think:

Dec 6, 2011
cornysteve":27gb8pau said:
As Womble says, "What exactly is ian n's role at the club?".

Regards Muriels, would prefer something more historical than those currently displayed.

Somebody that has coordinated literally hundreds of thousands of pounds being raised for Argyle, the GTs, lots of charities and other good causes. A lot of people who have donated money trust Ian and ask him to help put together ideas / initiatives for the Club that help to raise cash. Nikkk (who I am sure can speak for himself) falls into the category as do many others that ask Ian for help. The end result is the Club benefitting financially and with things like the murals the stadium getting a nice facelift.

So basically a lifelong Argyle fan that people trust helping out.

B

bizzay1

Liam Vercoe":81wmku3z said:
Womble":81wmku3z said:
GTTB Resurgam":81wmku3z said:

Good shout.

The ACTUAL head? :think:

would save on paint :shock:

C

cornysteve

Sorry Prez, if you thought I was having a pop. Not my intention. I simply wasn't aware that Ian Newell had an official role at the club, if indeed he does.

G

Greenskin

Why not have the mural against the wall in the gents urinal? I'm sure that plenty of candidates could be found for that one.Could see some very satisfactory half time visits,probably more satisfying than the football at the moment.Just think of the fun to be had from trying to rinse the Stapes mullet or Mr Kagami's inscrutable expression.

Agree that a bit more of the clubs history should be reflected in the real mural and not necessarily a famous figure from the past.Due respect could be given to people like Kevin Hodges,club record appearance holder,played in an FA cup semi final team,a promotion winning team and in the team that finished in Argyle's highest league position in the last 50 years and has served the club well since,in spite of his rather mediocre spell as manager.There would also be someone like Bob Jack,longest ever serving Argyle manager who oversaw the building of some very good Argyle teams pre second world war.Or Jack Leslie,a player who suffered real injustice because of the colour of his skin.Or Neil Dougall,who was a superb player and also served the club well for many years after his playing days were over.Would make a very good contrast to the more modern figures currently on view and serve as reminder of the history of the club IMHO.