I keep on hearing Heaney IS involved in the Irish deal. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I keep on hearing Heaney IS involved in the Irish deal.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":2vro6h7h said:
If you look at the story over the last few months the answer is probably in there somewhere.

Heaney and Cineworld (their nearest cinema is in Yeovil) are reported to be interested in Argyle. The fans kick up a fuss and the proposed takeover is given bad press.
Heaney denies everything but then pulls out citing the rule of not being allowed to have interests in two clubs, as though it came as a complete surprise to him!
But behind the scenes he sets up a new company called PAFC 2011 with his Russian girlfriend named as a director and a company address registered at Paul Stapleton's accountancy practice and it's full steam ahead with the take over bid with an "Irish" accountancy company BCK Wealth Management used as their representatives.
Heaney can't be revealed as the Preferred Bidder due to the public concerns when his name was first announced, so he'd rather wait until the deal was done before being named.

Heaney then hits a delay in getting out of Truro City so hands over the football side of PAFC to Peter Ridsdale.
Once the deal is sorted Ridsdale runs the football club, Cineworld builds a cinema complex in the Home Park car park or even on land owned by the Council with Cineworld paying for improved roads (exits and entrances) around Home Park as a concession to the Council.
One of Heaney's construction companies could even build the complex.
The upshot is that Heaney will oversee the whole project - football club and development with Ridsdale reporting to him.

It's just a theory but it's possible. The snag is where does Paul Stapleton fit into it all?

Well, Paul Stapleton is part-owner of what would be a very useful piece of land that happens to be right next to Home Park which is just sitting waiting to be developed in some way, so there's one possibility for starters.

The Heaney theory fits perfectly - at present it provides an explanation for every piece of evidence that exists. If I was treating this as a piece of scientific investigation I'd be looking for a prediction that the theory can make which can then be tested, preferably one that doesn't have any alternative explanation. One angle that I've not seen explored (I think) is that if it is Heaney then the whole plan hinges on him disposing of Truro City somehow - so is there any sniff of this happening?

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Hear me out boys, but would Heaney be the worst thing ever to happen to Argyle?

I appreciate he's had a company that's gone bust owing people money - I've been caught with bad debts a few times in business myself - but you'd struggle to find too many in property and development who haven't had some sort of financial trouble.

When we went to Truro for the pre season friendly last year, he was everywhere, sorting everything. Keen and enthusiatic.

If, however, it is just him and he's struggling now to pay what was agreed then it could end up being dead in the water before it ever really started.

He's a touch too small for my liking (I'm generally heightist!!!) but would he really be the worst thing for Argyle?

Jan 2, 2010
Topboy":26zfia1i said:
He's a touch too small for my liking (I'm generally heightist!!!) but would he really be the worst thing for Argyle?

About the same as my Nigerian General friend who is sending me some money.

Feb 29, 2008
Topboy":sz3o038f said:
Hear me out boys, but would Heaney be the worst thing ever to happen to Argyle?

I appreciate he's had a company that's gone bust owing people money - I've been caught with bad debts a few times in business myself - but you'd struggle to find too many in property and development who haven't had some sort of financial trouble.

When we went to Truro for the pre season friendly last year, he was everywhere, sorting everything. Keen and enthusiatic.

If, however, it is just him and he's struggling now to pay what was agreed then it could end up being dead in the water before it ever really started.

I may be wrong but I just think he would massively overstretch himself buying Argyle.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
It's not just the finance...I can only comment on third hand stories, others may know more intimately, but he appears to very much be a more compact version of mcauley ... ego, power trips and all.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
X Isle":hv286kxq said:
Pafcintheplace":hv286kxq said:
I agree with IJN - wish they'd bugger off.

We need certainty, stability and openness.

I reckon JB would have delivered this. His business model for the club may be humble, with minimal investment but he'd be a safe pair of hands. Which exactly what PAFC needs.. no BS, no promising the earth etc.

Exactly. The few that were put off cited 'reluctance' as a problem. However a reluctant but noble bidder is way better than someone running about with the enthusiasm of a dog with two c0cks if his enthusiasm is based purely on greed and self interest.

We would get stability, integrity, openess and honesty - that's chalk and cheese to what "Irish" is giving us and by the power of greyskull do we need it.

I agree we do need some stability in the club and out of a bad bunch I agree JB would probably be the best one to do this but didn't he want PR to stay on? this is the bit that I can't get my head around stability and PR just don't go together.

PL2 3DQ":2tv8suey said:
If you look at the story over the last few months the answer is probably in there somewhere.

Heaney and Cineworld (their nearest cinema is in Yeovil) are reported to be interested in Argyle. The fans kick up a fuss and the proposed takeover is given bad press.
Heaney denies everything but then pulls out citing the rule of not being allowed to have interests in two clubs, as though it came as a complete surprise to him!
But behind the scenes he sets up a new company called PAFC 2011 with his Russian girlfriend named as a director and a company address registered at Paul Stapleton's accountancy practice and it's full steam ahead with the take over bid with an "Irish" accountancy company BCK Wealth Management used as their representatives.
Heaney can't be revealed as the Preferred Bidder due to the public concerns when his name was first announced, so he'd rather wait until the deal was done before being named.

Heaney then hits a delay in getting out of Truro City so hands over the football side of PAFC to Peter Ridsdale.
Once the deal is sorted Ridsdale runs the football club, Cineworld builds a cinema complex in the Home Park car park or even on land owned by the Council with Cineworld paying for improved roads (exits and entrances) around Home Park as a concession to the Council.
One of Heaney's construction companies could even build the complex.
The upshot is that Heaney will oversee the whole project - football club and development with Ridsdale reporting to him.

It's just a theory but it's possible. The snag is where does Paul Stapleton fit into it all?

Frighteningly possible!

If I didn't know better I would say you had some info!

Worringly top post.

M

MylesPAFC

Don't think anyone is in a position to say whether Heaney is or is not involved in any bid, until we find the concrete facts of those behind it. Until the confidentiality agreement is over, your guess is as good as the next guys really.

B

bandwagon

dennis the menace":qvpz3x4l said:
Reported on Spotlight tonight that Heaney has no connection with the '"Irish" bid'. :shock:

Definitely heard them say he has categorically denied anything to do with the Irish - that has been stored in my memory bank!!

Apr 13, 2009
London
Also, what realistic chance has of Heaney being able to sell Truro City at all? I mean, its does not appear to be the most attractive proposition, a club which will struggle to maintain its position without the subsidy of a wealthy benefactor and of which has little infrastructure.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Corazzin":2ak4j8rr said:
Also, what realistic chance has of Heaney being able to sell Truro City at all? I mean, its does not appear to be the most attractive proposition, a club which will struggle to maintain its position without the subsidy of a wealthy benefactor and of which has little infrastructure.

I struggled for a moment to know whether that description was about Truro or Argyle!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The interesting thing about Truro City is the value of their ground, which makes it absolutely perfect for redevelopment. Truro already has major supermarket representation although Waitrose are not presently there. If this was not followed up certainly it would be ripe for new housing, within walking distance of the city centre. Truro City has been trying to move for some time and expand their presence with extra training / second team pitches on an out of town site. I just hope there is no thought of selling the main asset i.e. the ground, and then let Truro FC become 'displaced' so to speak.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Sure there's Tesco and Sainsburys, but no Asda, Morrisons or Waitrose. Definitely room for another large supermarket in Truro.

Truro City are trying to grow too much too quickly IMO, rather than submitting grand plans for five figure capacity all seater stadiums, they could upgrade Treyew Road adequately for their current needs for a fraction of the cost. Would help pull in a few 100 more fans each week too.

Create a decent sized terrace at one end of the ground with a roof, and build a modest all seater grandstand, say 2k ish, would show they mean business, and attract supporters.

I can see Truro becoming the next Rushden & Diamonds though, bankrolled to League 1/2 then the major investor loses interest/pulls out. Still, if attendances hold up at around 1k there's no reason why they can't be very competitive in the BSS.