How many more would you like to see and where? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How many more would you like to see and where?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Nobby":3nkvj26p said:
RochdaleGreen":3nkvj26p said:
I
- confirmation of a second Keeper (we don't need 3 GKs in 4th division)

We do. Given the emergency loan rule was scrapped, we 100% need three keepers.

Usually we’d have a youth keeper as third choice, but Cooper is our youth keeper really!

Lowe has said he's only bringing in one more - here

Sep 19, 2015
I just hope that Scott Wootton is moved on and replaced. Thats really all im asking.

All of these positive vibes and excitement will be absolutely destroyed for me come 2pm on the day of the Crewe game if Scott Wootton is in that starting 11.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":7y9kxq5t said:
Nobby":7y9kxq5t said:
RochdaleGreen":7y9kxq5t said:
I
- confirmation of a second Keeper (we don't need 3 GKs in 4th division)

We do. Given the emergency loan rule was scrapped, we 100% need three keepers.

Usually we’d have a youth keeper as third choice, but Cooper is our youth keeper really!

So, our current youth team play with a rush goalie?? :crazy: :think:

Obviously not, but the current youth keeper is 17 years old which isn’t ideal for a league match is it? At most clubs the Cooper equivalent would be third choice, but not everyone has a youth keeper of Cooper’s quality.

C

CiderAndPasties

If Lowe goes for 3,1,4,2 I think we will need/have:

GK: Cooper/NewGK
CB: Aimson, Canavan/New CB, New CB/Sawyer
LWB: C.Grant/ASB*/New LWB - Mcfazdean (linked)
LCM: Mayor
RCM: Sarcevic/C.Grant
RWB: ASB, Riley
ST: Telford, Taylor/New ST

* I think ASB should be RWB but can cover LWB

This means we need a backup GK, at least 1 CB, maybe LWB, maybe ST

I reckon 4-5 signings

Players we should move on:
Wooton (permanent)
Taf Moore (Permanent/loan depending on parkway showing)
Dyson (permanent)
Peck (loan)
Fletcher (loan)
maybe some other loans out i dont know

Apr 4, 2004
Comparing our squad to the Bury squad last season, we are short of high quality attacking players. Bury had Maynard and Lavery as well as Rositer who isn't attacking but was apparently very good at getting the ball to the more attack minded players. Maybe we already have players that will step up. But who

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle were relegated last season because the entire defence was substandard, including the goalkeeper. It sounds harsh but I’d be quite happy for Canavan, Wootton, Moore, Riley and probably Smith-Brown to be moved on if anyone will take them.

A good quality and proven goalkeeper is a priority to compete with Cooper. Not some kid from a reserve team.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":umua9ka6 said:
davie nine":umua9ka6 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":umua9ka6 said:
Presuming the GK stays I'd like to see 3 more in, if not it would be 4 with a GK included

Signing Telford today was good because from the little I know of him he is direct and quick and something our forward line needs.

I'd like to see one more forward, again with pace to stretch and run at teams.

I'd like to see a creative midfielder who can cross a decent ball because I'm not convinced from wide postion we quite have that in the squad at present. Also someone who can score because I still think overall our team lack goal scorers.

Finally, a quality CB. Someone who we can be the rock of the team. Someone with some pace because I fear our back line, even with Aimson, is a little slow and is open to counter attacks too easily.

What do people realistically want to see in terms of signings over the next few weeks? Is it even possible that Argyle would be looking to bring in more than a couple more players as our squad is already quite big even if its has alot of first year pro's in it.
Hoping that the ‘exciting player from a big club’ is a big, pacy, dominant Centre Back.

PM pilgrim said about a week ago a beast of a CB, proven League 1 standard was on way. Hope that's accurate.

Any update PM?

Feb 17, 2017
Transfer Twins
@tipster_twins
·
6h
Byron Moore is officially an Argyle player after passing his medical, announcement due tomorrow. Lowe has confirmed that’s the last Bury player that will be on their way to Argyle. Lowe also in the market for another CB after not being convinced by Wooton #PAFC #BuryFC

Not sure how accurate these guys are