How many more would you like to see and where? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How many more would you like to see and where?

P

PAFC Galactico

Just to add I would love to see us sign Matty Stevens from Posh I think him and Telford would be prolific together at this level.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
rsp4":tjy7267s said:
With the current leftovers from last seasons bottlers I would say

1 X GK
2 x CBs
1 X CM
Not sure about a striker but as per last season without Freddie we feel a bit light.

And off load ( doubt we can)

13 Jordan Holmes on loan to conference or lg2
18 Calum Dyson
22 Tafari Moore
25 Scott Wootton
28 Mike Peck on loan to conference or lg 2
29 Alex Fletcher on loan to conference or lg 2
30 Tom Purrington on loan to conference or lg 2

:scarf:

Holmes isn't ours to offload

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
An experienced keeper

I’d like to see Wootton moved on. If he is, a no nonsense CB and a young loan from a BPL club with pace would be ideal. Leaving us with Aimson, Canavan, Sawyer, two news CBs and Peck.

A back up CDM (is Randell ready?)

Another CM (Sarcevic, Mayor, Grant, New CM)

A LWB to compete with Ashley Smith-Brown

I’d also get rid of Dyson and sign a “target man” type. Someone like Jamille Matt or Kurtis Guthrie. I’d also like to see us potentially take Dennis on loan from Pompey.

So potentially 8. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Joel Grant leave. Not sure how he fits this Ryan Lowe team.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
With 3 more of the Adams mistakes to leave. Although this is unlikely.
GK CB CB CM CM FW
And that's with a dubious faith that the current young full backs can come good

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

2 permanent, 2 loans.

GK, CB, Wide player, CM.

Release Dyson, Wooton.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I would probably now have a bet on Adam Thompson, Byron Moore and Caolan Lavery all arriving in the next week or so. Add in a couple of loans from Liverpool or Rangers, and an experienced GK. Done!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Any more than a couple without shipping people out is both unlikely and unrealistic,

Jul 12, 2016
Glynn":2gmux86g said:
How I see it:

GK: Cooper, New GK (more experienced)
LWB: Grant, ASB, Law
CB: Wootton, Sawyer, Canavan, Aimson, New CB (young pacey from higher up), New CB (Rock), Peck
RWB: Riley, Moore, ASB
CDM: Edwards, Randell
CM: Sarcevic, Grant, 2 x New CM
CAM: Mayor, New CAM (big club youngster)
WING: Grant, Jephcott, 2 x New Wingers
CF: Taylor, Telford, Lolos, Fletcher, Dyson?

Still another 8 players for me with a couple of them being loans. However, this depends on how the manager sees a few of the fringe players and whether he will actually stick some of the young ones in.

Either way I feel we won't be all guns blazing from the off but feel we'll do well.

Prepare to be disappointed.
RL has already said he has a large squad and unless he shifts some players out has little scope to sign players.
Unlike Adams I doubt he will want /can afford 2 players for every position .We are a division 2 club now.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Mark Pedlar":3brboyms said:
Any more than a couple without shipping people out is both unlikely and unrealistic,

oldage":3brboyms said:
RL has already said he has a large squad and unless he shifts some players out has little scope to sign players.
Unlike Adams I doubt he will want /can afford 2 players for every position .We are a division 2 club now.

This is it. In addition to the fact that RL has said he only needs one more keeper, and that Randell and Lolos will be involved this season. Also we need to remember the formation we will be playing - we don't need any out-and-out wingers.

As I see it, we are looking like this (current first choice listed first).

GK: Cooper
LCB: Sawyer
CB: Canavan
RCB: Aimson, Wootton
DCM: Edwards, Randell
LWB: Smith-Brown
LCM: Mayor, C Grant
RCM: Sarcevic
RWB, Riley, Moore
ST: Taylor
ST: Telford, Lolos

That leaves Peck, Law, Purrrington, Sangster, Jephcott, Fletcher and Dyson. I can see all of these going out on loan if we have the right depth.

It also leaves Joel Grant. I think the only place he fits in this team is LWB - Lowe likes to use wingers there and Grant has a decent defensive work ethic.

We need a keeper and a centre half. I would also like another CB, CM, and ST on top of that, but that will depend on budget. If not Peck, Sangster and Fletcher should stay as cover.

Feb 8, 2005
Looks like he'll be happy with 2 more, with a goalkeeper (may be Jordan Holmes or not) with a slight possibility of 1 or 2 loans if he feels it necessary (gotta keep something back for January).

The youngsters are in with a chance this season.

May 26, 2015
I think we need;

- 2 more out and out strikers like Caolan Lavery/ Jermaine Beckford/ Byron Moore;

- confirmation of a second Keeper (we don't need 3 GKs in 4th division); and

- One more attacking midfielder.

Then we need to somehow reduce the number of full backs and the number of centre halfs / defensive midfielders ( the Adams dross), so as to reduce the overall squad number to make it more sustainable and, actually, more competitive.

I'm pleased that RL is not acting like 'kid in a sweetshop Adams' and that he seems to be being more thoughtful in his acquisitions.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
RochdaleGreen":206g0jsw said:
I
- confirmation of a second Keeper (we don't need 3 GKs in 4th division)

We do. Given the emergency loan rule was scrapped, we 100% need three keepers.

Usually we’d have a youth keeper as third choice, but Cooper is our youth keeper really!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nobby":8ggnpv63 said:
RochdaleGreen":8ggnpv63 said:
I
- confirmation of a second Keeper (we don't need 3 GKs in 4th division)

We do. Given the emergency loan rule was scrapped, we 100% need three keepers.

Usually we’d have a youth keeper as third choice, but Cooper is our youth keeper really!

So, our current youth team play with a rush goalie?? :crazy: :think: