How long is Taylor out for | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long is Taylor out for

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
I would much rather have Jervis than Church. Anyone who thinks £150k is a significant amount of money needs to pay closer attention to modern day football.

In my opinion it’s no coincidence that JJ was being mentioned by DA this weekend - he was preferred to JG up front earlier in the season remember.

You could make a strong case to say the JJ transfer hasn’t benefitted anyone - least of all the player himself

Aug 5, 2016
nick_PASTIE":2qxxxnfe said:
Some round me were suggesting Songo’o for centre forward- desperation. Taylor would have had a tough game against Whatmough who looked very strong in the air. We did far better when playing ball to feet but didn’t try going over the top enough, but that’s probably credit to Pompey who kept it very tight.

Two things Derek could be doing
- knows he will be fit for Northampton but not yet saying it public ally
- it’s a bad roll, needs a scan, awaiting results or there is too much swelling to tell- if it’s this I think he will miss at least the next two weeks.

Concern is Taylor has a weakness on ankle and it may take longer to recover if it’s the same ankle as broken earlier in the season.

There's a remarkable difference in attacking heading and defensive heading. Two completely different skills. Mourinho used to throw Robert Huth up front when he was desperate, but almost always without any impact whatsoever.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
cheshiregreen":8aneewsx said:
Wasnt sure where to add this but plumped for here.

No-one is irreplaceable in my Argyle squad, insists Derek Adams

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... p_AppShare

The article is really about Taylor but DA says we got £150,000 for Jervis in January which was more than reported at time. As Jake has mainly been sat on bench that deal looks very good for us now.

I think the fact he says no one is irreplaceable so many times means Taylor is irreplaceable and possibly out for a while.
No one becomes that defensive without a reason

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
If he's turned his ankle the ligaments will be swollen so I'd be very surprised to see him back before the end of the month.

Highly unlikely we will make the play offs if that's the case IMHO.

Aug 5, 2015
I think 150k is a good amount of money given that most players see out their contracts and then move for nothing, like most of our squad for instance.

Jun 2, 2016
Madison at Peterborough did his ankle just before playing us. Missed our game and yesterday's. Will be back next weekend.
If Taylor has similar symptoms hell be available for Rotherham. *Maybe* Rochdale.

Aug 13, 2011
IPA":adgf84wu said:
If he's turned his ankle the ligaments will be swollen so I'd be very surprised to see him back before the end of the month.

Highly unlikely we will make the play offs if that's the case IMHO.

Yes but thankfully with this type of foot injury you can't say that for definite, it totally depends how bad the sprain is. But I agree if the ligaments are swollen then it's bad news. Bloody hope not a bad one, every attack is better for Taylor's inclusion. He reads the game so well and is the only one remotely capable of playing the lone striker role. It would severely dent our play off push if he's sidelined.

C

Chesney the

Not much of an update I know but saw Ryan on the way back from the club shop yesterday, obviously asked how bad the injury was.
He said he wasn’t sure yet but didnt have any crutches, surgical boot etc. Seemed in decent spirits so fingers crossed.....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Probably rest up for the weekend and let the swelling go down/bruising come out and see how it is.

If he had ligament damage I don’t think walking on it unsupported would be happening

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Having recently sprained my ankle, 1st time in 20 years, its taken me a good 6 weeks to get over it and another 2 before I was fully confident.

He is going to be a massive miss and could be season defining

Mar 14, 2009
The issue isn’t Taylor. The issue is how we adapt to playing without Taylor.

Adams said himself we kept knocking high balls upto Grant. That isn’t his game.

Although, If Grant was so good, as Adams said, why did he switch Carey and him for the remaining 10 mins.

I think we have an issue that if we can’t get Taylor back and don’t change our style to whoever plays that role then we aren’t going to be as dangerous and perform anything like we have recently. I like Grant as a player but he was left high and dry yesterday trying to win high balls against strong CB’s.

We played Ciftci and Fletcher there during our bad run and we kept on playing as if Taylor was there. It’s worrying we are so reliant on one player because we don’t adapt to other forwards strengths.

May 8, 2011
We missed Sarcevic much more than we missed Taylor yesterday, needed someone running from midfield to frighten their centre halves, as Taylor-Sinclair did when he came on.