How long is Taylor out for | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long is Taylor out for

Jul 29, 2010
Balham_Green":1fw40rio said:
If Taylor has a serious injury we can probably write off the play offs.
I agree. Maybe not written off completely but highly unlikely.

Simon Church would've been a capable stand in but sadly he is this season's Nardiello.

G

Greenskin

Mark_Smith":3is7p3pl said:
I was convinced until recently that the start of our good run coincided with Taylor coming back from injury. Actually the facts don't quite bear that out, but nevertheless we are a far better team with him in it, as indeed was the case last year.

So pivotal is he IMO, I'm surprised we haven't really got a similar style player who could slot in for him, for the benefit of the shape of the team. Here's hoping he's back next week.

Was that not supposed to be the role that Church was signed for? Looks as though we could have done with someone a bit more reliable judging by his sporadic appearances in recent seasons and his absence today.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
The-Pilgrim":2glurv37 said:
Mike Charlick":2glurv37 said:
pingudad":2glurv37 said:
Just shows next season we need a few good back ups

If we go up I think we'll need a new front man anyway. Love what Ryan has done for us this season but I don't see him as a Championship front man.

I think he'd thrive in the Championship! Big, strong, holds the ball up, brings others into the game - he'll do fine there!

Remember, people had doubts about him in League 1.

:iagree:

Yeah today showed how important he is to the team, we did ok without him but we had no flow and the long balls didn't stick. I do like Grant though, he did well today, won a few free kicks and a penalty shout.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Maybe just my cynical mind, but, always a little concerned when DA says he is not sure how long someone is out. Makes me think it may be longer than we would like.

When team news is released for Northampton, hoping this post is proved to be rubbish.

Aug 13, 2011
Yes i thought Grant did OK as an emergency but our play suffered infinitely minus Ryan Taylor plus the game was frenzied, a typical derby. Pompey didn't let us have a moment on the ball so with Taylor not there to hold up the ball we couldn't settle and penetrate as usual. That said, a point under the circumstances was OK. Especially given the late scares. Not that Pompey did enough to win. They only had 40% possession and were only dangerous in the closing moments. Poor game really. Flat atmosphere after a noisy start. Our fans I thought feared the worse without Taylor. Not at their best either.

Mar 14, 2009
I felt sorry for Grant because Argyle continued to play as if Taylor was leading the line today.

You have to adapt to the players that are in the team. Argyle just kept on expecting Grant to suddenly lead the line like Taylor. To me that isn't his game. I watched today as many balls were gradually becoming more and more untested.

If Taylor is out for a few more games I would imagine, just like when Bradley got injured, it will impact performances, and therefore results might be a little more difficult to obtain. Although hopefully we will just find a way to win.

Mar 10, 2007
Balham_Green":2ct6obxr said:
Mike Charlick":2ct6obxr said:
pingudad":2ct6obxr said:

If we go up I think we'll need a new front man anyway. Love what Ryan has done for us this season but I don't see him as a Championship front man.

Perhaps Ronaldo will become available.

I don't think Ronaldo would be any good as a target man, he's too tippy-tappy for my liking.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
styler":zgig8p45 said:
Balham_Green":zgig8p45 said:
Mike Charlick":zgig8p45 said:
pingudad":zgig8p45 said:

Perhaps Ronaldo will become available.

I don't think Ronaldo would be any good as a target man, he's too tippy-tappy for my liking.

:lol:

Nah don't rate him he's crap.

Jan 27, 2012
On a separate thread I mentioned the idea of playing Bradley as a centre forward in place of Taylor. It might sound like a strange tactic but I have seen that sort of thing done before. Going way back, I remember both Heathcoate and Marker playing as temporary centre forwards when Argyle were short of strong target men.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Think of the stick DA would get if the opposition counter attacked and scored with a header.

We were probably happier with a draw than they were.

Jul 29, 2012
If memory serves me correct , Taylor rolled his ankle as he was coming back from injury . I think at the time it cost him no more than a couple of weeks . We missed him today .

Feb 2, 2007
Some round me were suggesting Songo’o for centre forward- desperation. Taylor would have had a tough game against Whatmough who looked very strong in the air. We did far better when playing ball to feet but didn’t try going over the top enough, but that’s probably credit to Pompey who kept it very tight.

Two things Derek could be doing
- knows he will be fit for Northampton but not yet saying it public ally
- it’s a bad roll, needs a scan, awaiting results or there is too much swelling to tell- if it’s this I think he will miss at least the next two weeks.

Concern is Taylor has a weakness on ankle and it may take longer to recover if it’s the same ankle as broken earlier in the season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Where’s Church?