Herald Argyle coverage...? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald Argyle coverage...?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like no-one from the Herald was at today's pre-match press conference.

Feb 12, 2019
The Herald (print edition) sports desk, the Western Morning News sports desk and the (separate) Plymouth Live (online) sports desk are all one-man teams these days, sadly.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
WMNSport":2piay216 said:
The Herald (print edition) sports desk, the Western Morning News sports desk and the (separate) Plymouth Live (online) sports desk are all one-man teams these days, sadly.

I would guess the Argyle coverage in those three is a big attraction and receives a lot of readers/views so it's odd that there's been hardly any Argyle coverage when CE is away.

May 8, 2011
I can’t remember the last time the Herald broke a news story about Argyle, the bulk of what is published is either a rehash of articles from the Argyle website or from twitter. They do seem to very much desk bound.
With all the recent departures of long serving senior staff at Argyle especially the Academy you would have thought they might have delved and investigated the reasons for the upheaval and not just regurgitated statements from the Club.

Feb 4, 2020
Disappointing and worrying that Herald are content not to bother to cover Errington's important Argyle work during his absence.

Let's hope all local papers survive...Herald provides masses of publicity for Argyle.

Feb 12, 2019
The Herald (print edition) and the Western Morning News have made arrangements to provide Argyle content this week.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Hey, Presto. The Herald certainly has lost some of its 'magic'. However, thank God we have Chris Errington who often pulls some decent stories out of his hat.

Now back to the football.... :greensmile:

Aug 2, 2011
The only time anything improves is when people speak out and tell the truth. If you get poor customer service and just sit back and accept it nothing will change. The deliverer of poor service thinks you are happy and sees no reason to do anything differently. This is true of lots of things be it products you buy or services you engage. Why should the newspaper industry be any different. Chris Errington may do his best but it is difficult to justify some of the absolute cr-p published regarding Argyle from other employees. Most 12 year olds could do better. I really believe the illiterate rubbish published is a disgrace to our city. Someone said “ all local newspapers are like that”. Well they may be happy to settle for mediocrity but why should we.
A journalist should be competent in the use of the English language and capable of its accurate use to provide a understandable platform of communication.

Too often as a nation we accept the unacceptable and just shrug our shoulders instead of standing up and telling the truth.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
I was able to talk with an old hack who had worked for regional papers for quite a few years and he told me that if they wanted to stay in business they had to copy the style of the most popular daily national newspaper - The Sun!

Aug 5, 2016
Unfortunately the Herald resorted to clickbait crap written by kids on internships as their way of covering Argyle. And the worst thing was they did it on an internet site with so many adverts it would make your browser crash.

I can't remember the last time I bothered with the Herald. All the news I need is on here, all the video interviews and highlights is on the club website and youtube. The Herald allowed themselves to become irrelevant to the supporter for Argyle news. Whereas in the 2000s you needed them.

The last time I remember thinking about the Herald they were writing articles on how Argyle's squad compared to Accrington's on the latest version of Football Manager, or how Graham Carey was rated on the new FIFA. No-one was interested and they just kept churning out the same irritating crap.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Knibbsworth":2j4l4p8g said:
Unfortunately the Herald resorted to clickbait crap written by kids on internships as their way of covering Argyle. And the worst thing was they did it on an internet site with so many adverts it would make your browser crash.

I can't remember the last time I bothered with the Herald. All the news I need is on here, all the video interviews and highlights is on the club website and youtube. The Herald allowed themselves to become irrelevant to the supporter for Argyle news. Whereas in the 2000s you needed them.

The last time I remember thinking about the Herald they were writing articles on how Argyle's squad compared to Accrington's on the latest version of Football Manager, or how Graham Carey was rated on the new FIFA. No-one was interested and they just kept churning out the same irritating crap.

Yep, that's about the size of it. The silly articles from the junior journos, the 'Derek Adam's is sacked' story based on a football computer game coupled with adverts overkill and click bait did a lot of damage with the Herald earning a poor reputation.
Now it's just CE and the quality has improved big time.

Oct 31, 2015
I was worried my phone was duff as I had no updates from the heraid for most of the week about Argyle

If CE has had a few days off then good luck to him. I would rather a gap in the reporting whist he is away and then the quality reporting he does do when he is back than that awful carp that was being put out by the grads. The computer game stuff was just awful and some of the non CE articles,I am sure, were taken from PASOTI or social media.

At least I now know my phone is fine :funny:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
It didn't help that they had three employees reporting on Argyle, two who were obviously Exeter fans who constantly showed their affinity.
We all know CE is a fan of a London team, but is a good reporter on the team he has watched for The Herald for many years.